Week 4 GDT: No Anthem Version

JAF-N72EX

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes, the league approved the Rams because the Rams themselves had the resources. That doesn't mean whatsoever that it was the right move for the city of LA and the league in general.

Hey, i'm not too mad. The Raiders will get the nicest stadium in a city where I can see games whenever I would like. I just find it hilarious that the NFL didn't go with the obvious choice of moving the Raiders there, then seeing the stands half empty already.

LA doesn't care. And the NFL doesn't care. Both will be fine.

Los Angeles hasn't had a football team in so long, and local fans probably have grew attached to many different NFL teams.  It just takes time.  The Rams have a very young and talented team; people in Los Angeles will warm up to them.

We just got called for block in the back because the Dallas defender dove and missed. These refs are just a joke. I'm not saying Dallas hasn't played well, but this has been the worst officiated game of the year. And we've had to deal with Boger and Triplette before this week.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Aw you got offended at my comments? Bringing in the fact I am Canadian to somehow seem negative is even more funny. Are you denying the attendance has been poor? Do you honestly believe both teams are going to do well in that market? Do you truly, honestly believe it was a wise decision moving both of those teams to LA? And not bringing the Raiders back?

My bringing up that you're Canadian was to do with the fact you have likely never been to LA for any extended period of time and are almost assuredly speaking based upon stereotypes of the area (which is pretty much all that most of the Bay Area sources who speak from a very specific bias do when they chime in with their 2 cents).

And now you're countering with strawmen?  I said there was no point in bringing the Rams into this conversation.  I said nothing about thinking that 2 teams are going to succeed in the market.  They certainly can, but the Spanos family are morons and have taken about every possible misstep one could in how they've gone about this transition.

But more to my original point, the only package that ever would have brought the Raiders to LA was the partnership with the Chargers in the Carson stadium.  Thus, there was, AGAIN, no point in bringing the Rams into the discussion.  The Rams were able to move back because they had an owner that could actually afford to foot the bill for such a move (and the stadium that made that move possible).

The best move they could have done was just moving the Rams back, but the owners were insistent on having two teams in the market ahead of the new media contract negotiations in order to have more leverage in the negotiations.

Archived