Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Third, it’s also a good sign that they felt that Steve Sims progressed enough that they cut Latimer & didn’t sign a for sure starting WR that would definitely beat out Sims, that’s a great sign for what they think of Sims & his development & projection this year.

Latimer wasn't cut for his play, but for domestic abuse issues. They didn't even really evaluate him before saying "yeah, we've got enough on our plate, by now."

Just trying to be fair here.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I said months ago I thought the BEST way for Kerrigan was to keep him until the deadline (or sometime around then). He a) has a chance to break the record then and b) we could probably get good value for a team hit with an injury or looking for the extra umph for the playoffs.

And I would totally be on board with this if Kerrigan wants to chase the ring. If he doesn't, I might be more of a homer and keep him in DC.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

And I would totally be on board with this if Kerrigan wants to chase the ring. If he doesn't, I might be more of a homer and keep him in DC.

That's fine in my book too!

For example though too, the Ravens has Pernell McPhee as one of their rushing LBs. He doesn't have to move far, goes to a contender, and we could get something valuable. That's a situation I could see where it might work out. 

Seahawks maybe too.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just bc the Browns, Bucs and Seachickens are 3 deep at TE doesn’t mean they are willing to trade any of them. Wanting a player and being able to sign said player or have a team willing to trade that player are two entirely different things.

I approve. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I said months ago I thought the BEST way for Kerrigan was to keep him until the deadline (or sometime around then). He a) has a chance to break the record then and b) we could probably get good value for a team hit with an injury or looking for the extra umph for the playoffs.

Both spent 1st rounders on those guys (Howard and Njoku). They might prefer to hold on to them at that price and have 2 TE sets, or in case of injury. 

You don't know that. There's plenty of 1st round draft picks who didn't get traded for that vaule. Look at what Williams got us back in return.

This is where it's like people just wanna go back and forth for no reason or don't pay attention to the NFL like I do. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

You don't know that. There's plenty of 1st round draft picks who didn't get traded for that vaule. Look at what Williams got us back in return.

This is where it's like people just wanna go back and forth for no reason or don't pay attention to the NFL like I do. 

You don't know that it isn't that way. 

I used words like "might" and then gave "examples" to show what I was "speculating". Also, none of them moved, so... yeah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just bc the Browns, Bucs and Seachickens are 3 deep at TE doesn’t mean they are willing to trade any of them. Wanting a player and being able to sign said player or have a team willing to trade that player are two entirely different things.

Yup. If they have the cap space and can run a dual TE set? They can then run that. Getting them to let go of them, (especially since many were 1st rounders) is gonna require a 2nd day pick at least. 

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You don't know that it isn't that way. 

I used words like "might" and then gave "examples" to show what I was "speculating". Also, none of them moved, so... yeah.

This is Football IQ. Washington should've made Williams play on his deal or make a trade that benefited them.  

You see how Peters has to play LT but paid as a LG. Washington held those same rights with Williams. 

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

This is Football IQ.

What is, exactly?

Washington should've made Williams play on his deal

They tried to. He wouldn't after showing up.

or make a trade that benefited them.  

Bruce Allen and co. screwed that up.

You see how Peters has to play LT but paid as a LG. Washington held those same rights with Williams. 

"Jason Peters came into my office this morning and he has decided to slide over to left tackle," coach Doug Pederson said Monday. "This is the unselfishness [of Peters]. This is who he is. He sacrifices not only his body but for the football team. ... I'm thrilled to death."

There's still talk the contract could get reworked. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. If they have the cap space and can run a dual TE set? They can then run that. Getting them to let go of them, (especially since many were 1st rounders) is gonna require a 2nd day pick at least. 

Personally, I think the Browns are stupid for not trading Njoku bc I don’t think he’s going fo re-sign there after they paid Hooper but the Browns have not been willing to trade him to my knowledge, I don’t think they were willing to trade him for Trent.

I don’t care at all about Jason Perers, he doesn’t play on Washington. In fact I hope he totally sucks on Sunday and Montez/Chase combine for 3 plus sacks against him - the dude is over the hill - seeing as when they were born Peters was in high school.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1