Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Why did you Put Haskins out there with no Proven Weapons? 

Name a Winning Franchise that did that to their 2nd year QB going into his 1 season in a new offense and he succeeded. 

I didn't care to read this whole post. Your points are irrelevant to MY POINT. 

*sigh* His points are exactly relevant if you actually cared to take the time to either 

a) read his post

or...

b) read his post again. This time slower and make sure you understand what he's posting before you unload the double barrel catchphrases you place in almost every post.

He literally just summed up your posts and then told you how he is going to evaluate Haskins in light of the situation in the games. Which was something you said, to me, that the entire forum should do.

Then you inserted your favorite catchphrases which literally had nothing to do with what he just posted.

It's deja-vu' all over again.

581eac764e03e04766b03197ddde316a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

*sigh* His points are exactly relevant if you actually cared to take the time to either 

a) read his post

or...

b) read his post again. This time slower and make sure you understand what he's posting before you unload the double barrel catchphrases you place in almost every post.

He literally just summed up your posts and then told you how he is going to evaluate Haskins in light of the situation in the games. Which was something you said, to me, that the entire forum should do.

Then you inserted your favorite catchphrases which literally had nothing to do with what he just posted.

It's deja-vu' all over again.

581eac764e03e04766b03197ddde316a.jpeg

Enjoy the seasons fellas. I won't keep going back and forth with people who obviously don't know Football. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Are you @Woz really strange how no one get's what I'm saying accept @mar29020and  @lavar703 so anybody else just agree to disagree.

If I'm proven wrong at the end of the year LET ME HAVE IT. I WILL OWN UP TO EVERYTHING I WAS INCORRECT ABOUT. 

We get what you're saying.

Know why?

Because you say it in almost every post...

...to everyone.

Even if they agree with you about what you're saying...

...you keep arguing like they haven't said the same thing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSThv9hrBwIgQuG2QM9GWB

23 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

That's a good way to get Fans to think your not tanking but really truly are. Go after 2 of the top Free Agents who don't sign here because we aren't Super Bowl contenders so they sign with Teams that truly are.

You and I have a different understanding of tanking.

Jacksonville is cutting and trading away top talent. They're hurting their prospects and talent base now to improve draft position and get better down the line.

Washington is rolling the dice with a lot of young unproven talent because they didn't have a lot of talent to out play the youngins. That's evaluating and rebuilding. Yes, they got rid of Adrian Peterson, but he wasn't long for this team anyway. Maybe it works for them. Maybe it withers and dies. That's the gamble.

Out of curiosity, who did Jacksonville target from the big names? Did they even make a play for either player?

Now you have the excuse of I tried to sign Cooper and Hooper but They choose elsewhere. They Chose Elsewhere because the Goal is to Win a Super Bowl not be apart of a rebuilding process. 

Okay ... you do realize that's likely their analysis of the situation, right? That they went to teams who are closer to competing than Washington is?

Their were better cheaper Vet's they could've went after but choose to sign guys like Logan, Rogers, Lucas, Latimer, ect.

Cheaper than Logan Thomas in terms of AAV

• Nick Vannett
  • MyCole Pruitt (re-signed with Tennessee)
  • Marcedes Lewis (re-signed with Green Bay)
  • Blake Bell
  • Demetrius Harris
  • Jordan Reed
  • Nick O'Leary
  • Seth Devalve
  • Richard Rodgers

Cheaper than Richard Rodgers

• Eric Tomlinson
  • Ricky Seals-Jones
  • Trey Burton
  • Tyrone Swoopes
  • Marcus Baugh

And they kept Baugh over Rodgers, so that was the right call, right?

But maybe you don't like Baugh either. So, was cheaper but better of all that? Two of the top three didn't leave their existing team, so it's unlikely they could have been shaken loose to come to DC. Any of the others?

Cheaper than Cornelius Lucas in terms of AAV

• Roderick Johnson (re-signed with Houston)
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Demar Dotson
  • Le'Raven Clark (re-signed with Indianapolis)
  • Kelvin Beachum
  • Patrick Omameh (re-signed with New Orleans)
  • Oday Aboushi (re-signed with Detroit)
  • Mike Remmers
  • Marcus Gilbert (re-signed with Arizona)
  • James Hurst
  • Germain Ifedi
  • Brent Qvale
  • Dakota Dozier (re-signed with Minnesota)
  • Josh Wells (re-signed with Tampa Bay)
  • John Wetzel (re-signed with Atlanta)
  • Jason Spriggs
  • Jerald Hawkins
  • Benjamin Braden
  • Ka'John Armstrong

What name is the better choice? Keep in mind there were a bunch of more recognizable names (Cordy Glenn, Greg Robinson, Jared Veldheer) who weren't signed at all.

Latimer was a vet minimum signing, so I'm not exactly sure who would have been cheaper to get. I'll leave you to tell me.

That's also why I was in favor of trading pick 2 if offered 3 1st round draft picks, To Win Now. 

Except that wouldn't win now. It might be more to win sooner than holding that pick, but again, name a single first round rookie who by himself catapulted his team into playoff contention. Also, to the best of my knowledge no team offered that so ... what are you going to do? I suppose you might have gotten two first this year and another next year, but that next year one would absolutely not help you win now.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

You and I have a different understanding of tanking.

Jacksonville is cutting and trading away top talent. They're hurting their prospects and talent base now to improve draft position and get better down the line.

Washington is rolling the dice with a lot of young unproven talent because they didn't have a lot of talent to out play the youngins. That's evaluating and rebuilding. Yes, they got rid of Adrian Peterson, but he wasn't long for this team anyway. Maybe it works for them. Maybe it withers and dies. That's the gamble.

Out of curiosity, who did Jacksonville target from the big names? Did they even make a play for either player?

Okay ... you do realize that's likely their analysis of the situation, right? That they went to teams who are closer to competing than Washington is?

Cheaper than Logan Thomas in terms of AAV

• Nick Vannett
  • MyCole Pruitt (re-signed with Tennessee)
  • Marcedes Lewis (re-signed with Green Bay)
  • Blake Bell
  • Demetrius Harris
  • Jordan Reed
  • Nick O'Leary
  • Seth Devalve
  • Richard Rodgers

Cheaper than Richard Rodgers

• Eric Tomlinson
  • Ricky Seals-Jones
  • Trey Burton
  • Tyrone Swoopes
  • Marcus Baugh

And they kept Baugh over Rodgers, so that was the right call, right?

But maybe you don't like Baugh either. So, was cheaper but better of all that? Two of the top three didn't leave their existing team, so it's unlikely they could have been shaken loose to come to DC. Any of the others?

Cheaper than Cornelius Lucas in terms of AAV

• Roderick Johnson (re-signed with Houston)
  • Ty Sambrailo
  • Demar Dotson
  • Le'Raven Clark (re-signed with Indianapolis)
  • Kelvin Beachum
  • Patrick Omameh (re-signed with New Orleans)
  • Oday Aboushi (re-signed with Detroit)
  • Mike Remmers
  • Marcus Gilbert (re-signed with Arizona)
  • James Hurst
  • Germain Ifedi
  • Brent Qvale
  • Dakota Dozier (re-signed with Minnesota)
  • Josh Wells (re-signed with Tampa Bay)
  • John Wetzel (re-signed with Atlanta)
  • Jason Spriggs
  • Jerald Hawkins
  • Benjamin Braden
  • Ka'John Armstrong

What name is the better choice? Keep in mind there were a bunch of more recognizable names (Cordy Glenn, Greg Robinson, Jared Veldheer) who weren't signed at all.

Latimer was a vet minimum signing, so I'm not exactly sure who would have been cheaper to get. I'll leave you to tell me.

Except that wouldn't win now. It might be more to win sooner than holding that pick, but again, name a single first round rookie who by himself catapulted his team into playoff contention. Also, to the best of my knowledge no team offered that so ... what are you going to do? I suppose you might have gotten two first this year and another next year, but that next year one would absolutely not help you win now.

Jacksonville didn't just draft and QB and have fans already wanting to replace him. Their QB isn't a 1st round pick. They are putting themselves in position for Lawrence. It's clear they are tanking.

Rivera didn't deliver that message when hired. 

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

but why are we holding onto Scherff, Kerrigan and signing 38-year old LBs?

On Scherff: because he's a Pro Bowl talent in the prime of his career. He can contribute this year.

On Davis: because he was better than what we had at linebacker and knows Rivera and his system. He can contribute this year.

On Kerrigan: to give the one guy who has stuck with this franchise during its worst decade in history the ability to get his last year of his career as a thank you. He wasn't making $11.5M on the street. He can also contribute this year.

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Rather than do what the Broncos did with Lock and surround him with talent we’ve asked Haskins to make chicken salad out of chicken crap. It just seems like a backwards way of doing things. 

Wait, you want them to let Scherff go or trade him, but you are complaining that they haven't surrounded Haskins with talent? How would getting rid of the best player on the offensive line help Haskins out? That would have been yet one more hole to fill.

19 hours ago, Troublez said:

On the other hand, I am fine with them paying Kerrigan and other vets.

@lavar703 If nothing else, if Kerrigan has helped Chase Young extend his career by years by thinking of how to take care of his body, then it was completely worth the $11.5M to give him one last payday.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Question. I dont know if this has been talked about, but we should be #1 on the waiver wire now right? With Cincy using theirs, we should be at the top. 

That could be very useful later in the season. 

Won't the waiver order reset as the season progresses?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

On Kerrigan: to give the one guy who has stuck with this franchise during its worst decade in history the ability to get his last year of his career as a thank you. He wasn't making $11.5M on the street. He can also contribute this year.

Kerrigan would still get his $11.5 mil if we traded him to another team.  Plus we could give him a chance to make the playoffs, which likely isn't happening here.  My guess is Snyder vetoed any Kerrigan trade discussion because he needs someone to sell the casual fans on.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe, maybe not but at least they’re giving Lock are fair chance at developing unlike what we’ve done with Haskins. 

Call it right now: who do you replace Sweat and/or Young with? Because that's what you are asking them to do. They didn't have any 2nd round picks and they used their 3rd and 4th rounders in the past two drafts on offensive players.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He can have all of the JAGs from this team that he wants.  Although that's not really fair to CT, but injuries did put him on that level sadly. 

Well ... that is the name of their team so ...

39 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Enjoy the seasons fellas. I won't keep going back and forth with people who obviously don't know Football. 

LOL

I knew we'd get to this post eventually.

And here's where I address you directly.

You've been here for a hot minute. And all you want to do is hear (from everyone) that your ideas about football are the right ones (sometimes they are...many times they are not). And the ones who disagree, you quickly run and hide with the "Agree to Disagree" gambit or the "FACTS" charade (even though most of the time it isn't facts, it's just your opinion). In the off-chance that you actually do stay to talk, you repeat the same mantra while ascribing to everyone the thoughts of a single poster (as if everyone agrees on everything here). That's in addition to not actually reading the post of the other poster and then responding to things they never said.

Others on this forum have given tons of great football insight in the 13+ years I've been on this forum. Even if I disagree about a certain aspect of the team and about football, they've gotten my respect as a poster and as analysts of football. Me? I've forgotten more about football than you've been alive for.

I'm certainly not going to take football advice (on how to construct a roster in a capped sport) from someone who looks at stats as the barometer of how well a player did in the game and someone who doesn't understand cap management.

So stop with the "people don't know Football" stuff (*). We do. You're just not listening to the aggregated wisdom here. Maybe try the adage of "quick to listen, slow to speak" instead of your usual reverse of that. If you want to argue your point? Do it. Maybe try to convince others. But realize that they also know football (many times they know it better than you) and you could learn a thing or two by listening to them. Worked for me. As much as I know about football (and I do),  I've learned a lot in the last 13 years from many of the posters here. But you're not going to do that, if you continue on the path you've set yourself on. You'll end up with everyone blocking you and will have no one to talk to. Is that the experience you want to have here? I can't imagine it is. 

(*) Yeah - when you insult the entire forum and do it repeatedly as you've done since you've gotten here, it's not a complete mystery as to why two long-time posters (who actually know football) have blocked you. 

• Like 2