Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And yet every response you give to others is to ask them to judge good and bad, via stats. And even in your response above, you're still focused on stats he will or won't put up because of the talent around him. It's why the observer of your posts will come to the conclusion that you judge a QB based upon the stats and not HOW he plays in the games.

My point to you, always has been, that I'm not worried about the amount of TDs or INTs he throws as long as he is showing progression as a QB. I agree that the offense is lacking in proven talent. I don't expect much in the way of stats this year. Which is why I'm focused on the other things that matter more in terms of evaluating a QB.

Now, if he throws a bad INT? Yeah. I'll get on him. If he throws an INT where I can't really blame him for it? I'm not gonna bash him. It;s all conditional and has to do with the play in question. And it has nothing. I repeat. Nothing...to do with how many TDs, yards, or INTs because of the talent he has or doesn't have around him. 

So as long as other's can follow this protocol when assessing Haskins this year, the forum will be easier to manage.

You won't have me defending why they are picking top 5 next year or why they aren't winning games this year. 

I won't just sit back and have people bash Haskins alone for the failures of the whole offense though just because he's the QB. He's a QB with 1 reliable weapon in Mclaruin. That's on Management not Haskins. 

Edited by Skins212689

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He can have all of the JAGs from this team that he wants.  Although that's not really fair to CT, but injuries did put him on that level sadly. 

It was interesting watching some highlights a little while ago of Case Keenum missing wide open WRs, including Trey Quinn. I didn’t love Trey Quinn - Redskins Twitter overhyped him for 3 years - but Keenum’s inaccuracy really hurt our offense last year & then Haskins wasn’t ready and was inaccurate until his last 3 starts of the year.

I know Colt McCoy has no business starting, but you have to wonder if he was healthy last year if the passing offense would’ve been at least more crisp bc he knew what to do and was accurate even if he didn’t have a strong arm.

I don’t think Colt starting would’ve won us anymore games though. The way the season played out last year ended up being for the best: it got Gruden fired, eventually got Haskins & Sims starting and then finally, FINALLY Brice fired.

And in the end all roads led to Chase Young.

Happy Yes It Is GIF

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It was interesting watching some highlights a little while ago of Case Keenum missing wide open WRs, including Trey Quinn. I didn’t love Trey Quinn - Redskins Twitter overhyped him for 3 years - but Keenum’s inaccuracy really hurt our offense last year & then Haskins wasn’t ready and was inaccurate until his last 3 starts of the year.

I know Colt McCoy has no business starting, but you have to wonder if he was healthy last year if the passing offense would’ve been at least more crisp bc he knew what to do and was accurate even if he didn’t have a strong arm.

I don’t think Colt starting would’ve won us anymore games though. The way the season played out last year ended up being for the best: it got Gruden fired, eventually got Haskins & Sims starting  Sims and then finally Brice fired.

😂😂😂😂😂 

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Colt starting would’ve won us anymore games though. The way the season played out last year ended up being for the best: it got Gruden fired, eventually got Haskins & Sims starting  Sims and then finally Brice fired.

Getting two seasons (and then down to the final cutdown) for a Mr Irrelevant is a pretty good return on investment.  But he's not that great, even with the questionable WR depth chart.  I think we saw all that we were going to see.  

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Getting two seasons (and then down to the final cutdown) for a Mr Irrelevant is a pretty good return on investment.  But he's not that great, even with the questionable WR depth chart.  I think we saw all that we were going to see.  

Yeah, he’s definitely a bottom of the roster player. I just think if our QB was an extension of Gruden on the field bc Kirk, Alex or Colt was starting and they were accurate that it obviously makes the passing game more crisp.

Quinn & Richardson for example and even Terry would’ve had more yac & more receptions. We just saw three plays to start the season of Keenum misses which equaled 150 yds plus & 3 TDs. That’s a big deal for him to miss those passes and it wasn’t the WRs fault.

If Keenum hits these guys in stride each of their yacs goes up by a yard or two IMO. That means in 12 games that Quinn’s stats could've been 9 or 10 instead of 7.5 that’s 50-60 more yards - maybe even more - over those 12 games he played. You throw in that 60 yard Keenum miss for a TD vs the Giants and he could’ve gained 100 more yards on his 26 recs.

Same thing w/ PRich & Terry. 50-100 more yards receiving could’ve been possible last year for them with better accuracy at QB from Colt, Keenum & Haskins.

• 30 recs, 300 yards & 2 or 3 TDs through 12 games looks a lot better for Quinn then 26, 198 yds & 1 TD for Quinn.

• 35 recs, 400 yds & 3 or 4 TDs through 11 games looks a lot better for PRich last year.

• And of course 70 recs, 1150 yds & 8 to 10 TDs in 14 games for Terry looks pretty damn remarkable for a rookie WR.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What?  Why would I want him to fail that is a silly question.  I have no emotional attachment to him whatsoever, but the team spent a first round pick on him so obviously the best result would be for him to be a homerun pro bowl player.  I didn’t want us to draft him, but that doesn’t mean I want him to fail now that he’s here. 

napoleon dynamite GIF

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What?  Why would I want him to fail that is a silly question.  I have no emotional attachment to him whatsoever, but the team spent a first round pick on him so obviously the best result would be for him to be a homerun pro bowl player.  I didn’t want us to draft him, but that doesn’t mean I want him to fail now that he’s here. 

A novel concept, no?

On 9/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, turtle28 said:

He’s saying people want to draft Lawrence w/o giving Haskins a true chance bc a few posters are already predicting Washington to have the #1 pick and if they do, they will probably take Lawrence, one poster has already made it known that he wants Lawrence drafted, Haskins traded next year for a 1st or 2nd round pick and that’s essentially his vision for the future team. I don’t share that same sentiment and no one but one poster in this forum currently shares that sentiment but Skins212689 is lumping everyone into one category, and it’s not accurate.

Which is what I thought was the case. I even said I didn't agree with the logic ... and still we argued about it?

On 9/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, turtle28 said:

Then, there’s a group of us who will be honest and say that if we have the number one pick we will consider taking Lawrence if Haskins is a main reason why the team ends up with the #1 pick next but, this is all a guess as you know at this time.

To this group, I would counsel incredible restraint because the COVID season is going to make for some very unreadable projections ... way more than in any other year. Even given that Sewell is sitting out this season, I would probably go for him all things over Lawrence as it is a lower risk pick, all things being equal. Yes, coming out of this season, I would much rather have a high floor player than take a moonshot.

• Like 1