Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It is when you’re all over the map and asking questions that had nothing to do with anything previous. If you can’t admit that just say so. 

of course the offense relies on how Haskins plays. He’s the quarterback. If you can’t see that just say so. 

Does Haskins have to play in comparison to Allen for what? I didn’t watch much Allen last year. 

Allen started the season off well last year but as the season went on he was below average, someone on the radio once said - Allen started to play more poorly as the season wore on. I think it’s one of those things where in his first few starts defenses didn’t have tape on him but once they did, they were able to adjust and he didn’t do as well. 

Allen started Off hot vs Washington last year - the first two drives they had scores - but the 2nd through 4th quarters he played poorly and that was against a Manusky coached defense w/ Anderson, Orchard & Odom dominating the Panthers upfront as well beyond just the usual suspects Allen, Ioannidis & Payne dominating.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

This should be the quote of the day...

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

Its funny how so many are complaining that our roster is woefully under talented and yet we've released three players this week who are now on other teams rosters, and two of them are from the offense which has been described by some as being almost completely devoid of talent.

Nathan Peterman is on some teams roster. Cutting players who then end up on other teams rosters doesn’t mean you have talented players. Peterson was probably our second best offensive player and our genius OC couldn’t figure out a way to use him so we cut him. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nathan Peterman is on some teams roster. Cutting players who then end up on other teams rosters doesn’t mean you have talented players. Peterson was probably our second best offensive player and our genius OC couldn’t figure out a way to use him so we cut him. 

Turner knew how to use Peterson. The question was, do you want to keep Peterson and not use Gibson as much as they wanted to as the feature back?

Peterson is a back who’s mostly played in a man blocking scheme, we are changing to a zone blocking scheme. 

They chose to go with the younger options. Hopefully it works out fine and our young backs play well.

Definitely a risk though.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

What's bad and good in your opinion? Give me stats like I gave you please. 

You've literally not read a word I've said.

I'm now going to say it for probably the millionth time to you (in just this thread only).

Ready?

I

DON'T 

EVALUATE

PLAYERS

BASED

SOLELY

ON

STATS!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Yup so you can continue not supporting him. Why the Hate? 

Nope.

This is what he said. Try to read it again.

The worst case scenario is Haskins gets injured early in the year before we can evaluate him and we end up with a top 5 pick.

Read that again. Take as long as you'd like to do so. Pay special attention to the underlined. He's saying he wants to evaluate him and that if he gets injured early and we can't evaluate him that it would be a bad position to be in if we had a Top 5 pick. Because at that point we'd still have a question mark at QB and could be in the position to draft another one. So @MKnight82 is saying the preferred course is for him to stay healthy so we can properly evaluate him over the year and decide if he's the guy or not.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nope.

This is what he said. Try to read it again.

Read that again. Take as long as you'd like to do so. Pay special attention to the underlined. He's saying he wants to evaluate him and that if he gets injured early and we can't evaluate him that it would be a bad position to be in if we had a Top 5 pick. Because at that point we'd still have a question mark at QB and could be in the position to draft another one. So @MKnight82 is saying the preferred course is for him to stay healthy so we can properly evaluate him over the year and decide if he's the guy or not.

And read this carefully. Mknight has been a hater of Haskins since he was drafted.

Now read this What Winning Franchise would really give up on a 1st round QB after all the BS Haskins had to deal with after year 2? What Franchise would only give their 2nd year QB no Veteran pieces on offense? What Winning Franchise does this to their QB? Name me 1 people! 

Man would I love to see what Lawrence would do in Haskins shoes! Be drafted and not get reps with starters until the HC is fired than have to begin year 2 with a New HC, OC, ect plus deal with Covid-19. No Training Camp, No Preseason. 

Once again Brady, Brees, or Manning wouldn't get 8 wins with this roster. 

The Freaking Cardinals got their QB and then did what? Surrounded him with Talent on the offense! Washington hasn't done that for Haskins people! 

Their offense is full of All Unproven Potential. To some degree even the QB is Unproven.

Edited by Skins212689

I come from a family of coaches and can break down film.  Here are just a few things I am looking at: 

Pocket awareness.  How a QB moves around the pocket and deals with pressure.  Is he aware of what is going on in front of him, and how is he aware of his blind side.  

Footwork.  How he sets and throws the football.  How does he react under pressure.  What does running look like.  How does he throw on the run.  A subset of footwork are throwing mechanics in general.

Progression.  How does he work through the reads on each play.  Does he lock in on a target.  Does he track who he is intending to throw to, allowing the defense to read his eyes.  

Leadership.  As a business manager, I am also paying attention to interviews and how he carries himself in the public setting.  You can also tell how he is leading the troops by how the team reacts to him in the huddle.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I come from a family of coaches and can break down film.  Here are just a few things I am looking at: 

Pocket awareness.  How a QB moves around the pocket and deals with pressure.  Is he aware of what is going on in front of him, and how is he aware of his blind side.  

Footwork.  How he sets and throws the football.  How does he react under pressure.  What does running look like.  How does he throw on the run.  A subset of footwork are throwing mechanics in general.

Progression.  How does he work through the reads on each play.  Does he lock in on a target.  Does he track who he is intending to throw to, allowing the defense to read his eyes.  

Leadership.  As a business manager, I am also paying attention to interviews and how he carries himself in the public setting.  You can also tell how he is leading the troops by how the team reacts to him in the huddle.  

right the sopranos GIF by Testing 1, 2, 3

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

And read this carefully. Mknight has been a hater of Haskins since he was drafted.

Now read this What Winning Franchise would really give up on a 1st round QB after all the BS Haskins had to deal with after year 2? What Franchise would only give their 2nd year QB no Veteran pieces on offense? What Winning Franchise does this to their QB? Name me 1 people! 

Man would I love to see what Lawrence would do in Haskins shoes! Be drafted and not get reps with starters until the HC is fired than have to begin year 2 with a New HC, OC, ect plus deal with Covid-19. No Training Camp, No Preseason. 

Once again Brady, Brees, or Manning wouldn't get 8 wins with this roster. 

The Freaking Cardinals got their QB and then did what? Surrounded him with Talent on the offense! Washington hasn't done that for Haskins people!

Their offense is full of All Unproven Potential. To some degree even the QB is Unproven.

And what about Josh Rosen in this situation?

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And what about Josh Rosen in this situation?

They didn't let Fitzgerald go and they drafted Christian Kirk. They also added Veteran QB's and Olinemen during 2018 off-season. 

When they got a new HC he was allowed to pick his QB. A QB that same Coach had wanted for year's. They also traded Rosen giving him the opportunity to succeed in Miami. 

If Rivera didn't like Haskins he shouldn't have taken this job. Don't now try to set him up for Failure. 

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

They didn't let Fitzgerald go and they drafted Christian Kirk. They also added Veteran QB's and Olinemen during 2018 off-season. 

When they got a new HC he was allowed to pick his QB. A QB that same Coach had wanted for year's. They also traded Rosen giving him the opportunity to succeed in Miami. 

If Rivera didn't like Haskins he shouldn't have taken this job. Don't now try to set him up for Failure. 

I don't think the offense is set up for success either,though I think it could have some big plays in it don't think it has the talent to be consisent.

With that being said claiming Rivera doesn't like Haskins because of it doesn't sit well to me
1.He Tried to get Trent to stay but his mind was already made/wanted to be overpaid to stay.
2.Was 2nd in the Hooper sweepstakes the top TE in FA and was involved with Greg Olsen who chose to chase a ring instead,
3.Media reports we out offered the Cowboys on Amari but he choose to stay.Not his fault our chise has lost luster to attract stars without serverly overpaying.
4.After Chase we used our next 4 picks on Offensive players to try to get some help.

I love AP but cutting a 35 year old HB who got less then 900 yards last year isn't a make or break thing to me he wasn't going to be a difference maker in if the offense was good or not to me esp in this scheme.

MKnight doubted Haskins as a prospect, I wouldn’t say he “hated him” that’s a strong word and not exactly accurate. MKnight didn’t think Haskins should be drafted in round 1, he felt we reached for him which was a reasonable evaluation as a lot of NFL GMs & NFL scouts were staying the same thing.

MKnight doesn’t “hate Haskins,” he wants to see Haskins stay healthy and play so we can evaluate him for this year.

That’s what every poster wants.

• Like 1