Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

On offense? Who the hell knows. No one really. But if Dwayne improved, that could help. I think one kicker to help the offense get more opportunities? An improved defense creating opportunities. Will that work? Again we just have to watch and see. 

So if you don't know who, how can you say The offense will be better? 

No one has proven themselves including Haskins himself in this system. 

Has anyone even looked at Kyle Allen numbers from last year. Does Haskins have to surpass that to prove he improved? 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So if you don't know who, how can you say The offense will be better? 

No one has proven themselves including Haskins himself in this system. 

Has anyone even looked at Kyle Allen numbers from last year. Does Haskins have to surpass that to prove he improved? 

How can you say with FACTS that it won't? We're speculating on a season that hasn't been played THUS THE PURPOSE OF A FORUM. Also, I never said the offense WILL be better. That's you putting words in my mouth... again. I said reasons why it could. It also might not, but like I also said WHO THE HELL KNOWS? We'll see starting next Sunday.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

On offense? Who the hell knows. No one really. But if Dwayne improved, that could help. I think one kicker to help the offense get more opportunities? An improved defense creating opportunities. Will that work? Again we just have to watch and see. 

I agree, progression of Haskins is the key. Thomas, our TE we have now is a better pass catcher and athlete then Sprinkle - TBD how much better he is though.

I expect Terry & Sims to have progression as well as WRs. 

The progression of Haskins, Terry & Sims after a year of being in the NFL and an off-season of them working together, gaining chemistry and progressing together as receivers/QB is what “COULD” make our offense better.

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

His Homer attitude can get out of hand. All I'm saying is this Offense isn't Special. It won't consistently put 21 points on the board and the QB won't be the only person to blame.

Fans need to be prepared for that. 

And where did he say that it is special?

Okay.

I think we've all gotten the picture that you don't think the offense is special.

It's been duly noted in the log. 

Please move on from that. Bringing that up in every single post as you are disagreeing that someone said it was (when no one is disagreeing with you) is borderline trolling at this point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I simply cannot believe we’re going into the season with this offensive line, wide receiver and TE group. This has to be the worst group of offensive talent in the NFL. If they aren’t tanking then I have no idea what they are doing 

I don't disagree. I'm not confident in the offense, outside of Mclaurin.

Put this is in the Record, Senior Moderator @Thaiphoon. We are WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM FANS, we are prepared for anything after watching 27 years of watching a mostly below average team on the field - save 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012 & 2017.

I’m 41, some of you guys are older than me, we are fully aware of the disappointment we live with as fans of this team and Washington sports in general since the mid 90s until the Caps & then the Nats won World Championships in 2018 & 19, but here we are again back to what we had been dealing with after Ted didn’t re-sign Trotz & the Nats didn’t re-sign Rendon & then Strasburg got hurt again.

We know what we are dealing with as far as being DC sports fans. 

I don’t think anyone has to remind us of that. Geez 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

@Thaiphoon here's another person putting it on Haskins. How can the QB look average with this group of Olinemen, TE's, Wr's and RBs?

These type of comments is why I mention Brady, Manning, and Brees. Haskins isn't them. Haskins still has to grow into the offense himself. 

How is he getting a Fair shot to probe his capability with this offense? 

My God...you literally:

A) didn't wait to quote and then respond to his post 

or

B) didn't read it

or

C) didn't actually comprehend it.

Here's his post again...(I seriously don't believe I have to do this)

On the positive side, if Haskins can look at least average surrounded by this lack of talent, we have the benefit of knowing we have our long-term franchise QB while also likely getting a high pick in the 2021 draft - hopefully landing Sewell or Chase. 

Let me break it down for you so @HTTRDynasty doesn't have a stroke doing so.

Here's the first part:

On the positive side, if Haskins can look at least average surrounded by this lack of talent

See? He's agreeing with you that the offense lacks talent. THERE.IS.NO.OTHER.WAY.TO.READ.THIS

And his point was that if he looks even average when surrounded by the lack of talent, it means that when we actually ADD talent, he will look great.

Again... THERE.IS.NO.OTHER.WAY.TO.READ.THIS

But wait...there's more!!

we have the benefit of knowing we have our long-term franchise QB

And then he states that if Haskins is to even have an average season with the lack of talent on the offense, that we know that we have our franchise QB --> meaning >>>> we won't be replacing him in the 2021 draft (which is what you're so concerned about).

Again... THERE.IS.NO.OTHER.WAY.TO.READ.THIS

Take a step back and realize that not everything that everyone posts about Haskins is disagreeing with you about him or the level of talent on the offense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Put this is in the Record, Senior Moderator @Thaiphoon. We are WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM FANS, we are prepared for anything after watching 27 years of watching a mostly below average team on the field - save 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012 & 2017.

I’m 41, some of you guys are older than me, we are fully aware of the disappointment we live with as fans of this team and Washington sports in general since the mid 90s until the Caps & then the Nats won World Championships in 2018 & 19, but here we are again back to what we had been dealing with after Ted didn’t re-sign Trotz & the Nats didn’t re-sign Rendon & then Strasburg got hurt again.

We know what we are dealing with as far as being DC sports fans. 

I don’t think anyone has to remind us of that. Geez 😂 

Only a few here are older than me. I remember being 4 years old in 1973 and watching one of my first games with my dad. My mom has a picture of that day. At 51, I've forgotten more Redskins Washington football than some posters have been alive for. So I agree, I don;t need a reminder of what this team is and isn't

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't disagree. I'm not confident in the offense, outside of Mclaurin.

Well maybe, but Rivera - says at least - one of the reasons he wanted to come here was bc of the young talent he saw on our team when we beat his Panthers last year in Carolina. 

In that group is included Steve Sims who had 3 receptions vs them and I think he should’ve had a 4th that would’ve been a big play but it was broken up - but maybe that was the Lions game. I’m sure when  Rivera watched film of that game though, I’m sure he saw Sims get open a lot from the slot.

Then he saw our young DL dominate his OL and that was w/ Ryan Anderson, Odom & Orchard bc Kerrigan was out. Then he saw Holcomb, SDH, Moreau & Collins fly around and make plays. That’s the game where Moreau had an int late and I think he almost had 2 ints in that game.

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How can you say with FACTS that it won't? We're speculating on a season that hasn't been played THUS THE PURPOSE OF A FORUM. Also, I never said the offense WILL be better. That's you putting words in my mouth... again. I said reasons why it could. It also might not, but like I also said WHO THE HELL KNOWS? We'll see starting next Sunday.

Answer the question, Does Haskins have to surpass Allen's numbers to say he improved? 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Answer the question, Does Haskins have to surpass Allen's numbers to say he improved? 

Bro, you moved the goalposts, not me. We never even brought up Allen till your Hail Mary. It wasn't even relevant which is why I skipped it. gonna keep skipping it too cause I don't care about it for this conversation's irrelvancy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Bro, you moved the goalposts, not me. We never even brought up Allen till your Hail Mary. It wasn't even relevant which is why I skipped it. gonna keep skipping it too cause I don't care about it for this conversation's irrelvancy.

Explain to me specifically what Haskins has to do to prove he improved from last year. If you can't give a direct answer just say so.

You are one of the people talking about the offense relies on how Haskins plays. Now please tell me Does that mean Haskins has to play just as well as Kyle Allen did in the system. It's not a hard question.

29 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And where did he say that it is special?

Okay.

I think we've all gotten the picture that you don't think the offense is special.

It's been duly noted in the log. 

Please move on from that. Bringing that up in every single post as you are disagreeing that someone said it was (when no one is disagreeing with you) is borderline trolling at this point.

Tell posters to be direct in their post. All this I think Sims, Gibson, ect is irrelevant when in Fact they are Rookies who haven't proven anything in the NFL.