Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok so you agree the offense won't put up 21 points a games? 

That's simply 3 TD's a game in a 4 quarter sport. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

That would mean our offense is better than in 2018 and it probably isn't.

Ideally, when you finish last in the league in 2019, the only place to go is up.

What are you missing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That would mean our offense is better than in 2018 and it probably isn't.

Ideally, when you finish last in the league in 2019, the only place to go is up.

He and I had this discussion last night, he said well I guarantee you that Inman & Sims won’t have over 1,000 yards so they shouldn’t be a #2 WR. Then, I explained that almost every team in the NFL doesn’t have two WRs go over 1,000 yards, we’ve only had that once in the last 27 years that I can remember - and that was DJax & Garçon in 2016 - then Bruce Allen didn’t keep either of them in 2017 and put all his eggs in the Josh Doctson basket after he barely played as a rookie in 2016 bc of an achillies injury - which made absolutely zero sense! 

He should have been fired after that by Snyder, one of the countless times that should’ve happened bc he wasn’t given the team the best change to win by letting two 1000 yards go in one offseason, that’s just unheard of and gross mismanagement.

And we wonder why the passing offense went from Nearly 5,000 yards to 4,000 yards passing in one season to the next?

Let’s open our eyes here and really look at the facts.

A WR can be a good player and not get 1,000 yards receiving. Terry was good last year - sometimes great - and he didn’t have a 1,000 yard season.

We haven’t had a 1,000 yard WR on our team since DJax & Garçon in 2016 and he’s setting a probable unattainable standard of having two on the team in the same season?

Come on, let’s have realistic expectations for this offense. Terry is the man, he’s likely to have a 1,000 yard season and maybe have a 1200 yard season on 70 plus catches & around 10 TDs. When you have a QB/WR tandem with that kind of chemistry it’s very unlikely you have another WR approach 1,000 yards.

If you look at my stat predictions - I updated it by the way - you’ll see that i have Inman at 50 recs & 500 yards & 2 TDs (those are Antwan Randle El type numbers from 2006-2009) as our #3 WR. Sims is the number two guy with 60 recs, 600 yds & 5 TDs. 

Haskins throws for 3900 yards & 24 TDs, which probably is a high prediction but it’s possible. 

I’m not sure how I’m predicting Haskins won’t be here or that I don’t want him to be here/don’t like him when I’m predicting him to have a 65%, 3900 yard, 24 TD season in his first full season as a starter...

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Let me leave it as the Alex Smith led offense and not whatever Sanchez and  Johnson did

The Alex Smith led offense when Doctson was our top WR option most of the season and some games Maurice Harris was our 3rd best available target. 

That year after Crowder, CT & PRich were injured Alex had very little options to throw to outside of Jordan Reed & he still had us at 6-3 & winning the division with an inconsistent defense. You can’t  put up stats if you don’t have guys winning and making plays for you in the passing game.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Let me leave it as the Alex Smith led offense and not whatever Sanchez and  Johnson did

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He and I had this discussion last night, he said well I guarantee you that Inman & Sims won’t have over 1,000 yards so they shouldn’t be a #2 WR. Then, I explained that almost every team in the NFL doesn’t have two WRs go over 1,000 yards, we’ve only had that once in the last 27 years that I can remember - and that was DJax & Garçon in 2016 - then Bruce Allen didn’t keep either of them in 2017 and put all his eggs in the Josh Doctson basket after he barely played as a rookie in 2016 bc of an achillies injury, which made absolutely zero sense!

And we wonder why the passing offense went form Nearly 5,000 yards to 4,000 yards passing in one season to the next?

Let’s open our eyes here and really look at the facts.

A WR can be a good player and not get 1,000 yards receiving. Terry was good last year - sometimes great - and he didn’t have a 1,000 yard season. We haven’t had a 1,000 yard WR on our team since DJax & Garçon in 2016 and he’s setting a probable unattainable standard of having two on the team in the same season?

Come on, let’s have realistic expectations for this offense. Terry is the man, he’s likely to have a 1,000 yard season and maybe have a 1200 yard season on 70 plus catches & around 10 TDs. When you have a QB/WR tandem with that kind of chemistry it’s very unlikely you have another WR approach 1,000 yards.

If you look at my stat predictions - I updated it by the way - you’ll see that i have Inman at 50 recs & 500 yards & 2 TDs (those are Antwan Randle El type numbers from 2006-2009) as our #3 WR. Sims is the number two guy with 60 recs, 600 yds & 5 TDs. 

Haskins throws for 3900 yards & 24 TDs, which probably is a high prediction but it’s possible. 

I’m not sure how I’m predicting Haskins won’t be here or that I don’t want him to be here/don’t like him when I’m predicting him to have a 65%, 39000 yard, 24 TD season in his first full season as a starter...

Who do you have to go next to Mclaruin? All Unproven Players! Mclaruin would've had 1,000 yards if not for injury and missed throws by the QB!

You can't answer the question of whose gonna step up after Mclaruin to add yards and help put points on the board?

All the guys we have are Unproven Rookies. Be realistic, what Winning Franchise has every done that? 

Iman, Sims jr, Gibson will have to Step Up BIG for this offense to be able to move the ball amd put TD's on the board.

That's Football 101 @turtle28 Unlike your Unrealistic theory where everything is gonna be just fine.

O let's not forget the Oline has issues as well. 

Edited by Skins212689

Last year we averaged 16.6 ppg, dead effin last in the NFL. If we average 21 ppg, we’ll be about 20th which is a huge jump for our offense and will have us creeping closer towards 8-8 then people realize.

In 2008 when we went 8-8 in Zorn’s first year we averaged 16.6 ppg we gave up 18.5 ppg that year bc our D was pretty stout despite how pedestrian our passing offense was.

In 2007 in Gibbs last year we went 9-7 and made the playoffs. We scored you guessed it?? 21 ppg folks! We gave up 19.4 ppg and again, we made the playoffs.

So if we score 21 ppg and our D is around top 10 like it may be bc of how great our DL should be we may be a playoff contender.

Don't hold me to that as a prediction (I think we’re a 4 to 6 win team) but it’s entirely possible.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Last year we averaged 16.6 ppg, dead effin last in the NFL. If we average 21 ppg, we’ll be about 20th which is a huge jump for our offense and will have us creeping closer towards 8-8 then people realize.

In 2008 when we went 8-8 in Zorn’s first year we averaged 16.6 ppg we gave up 18.5 ppg that year bc our D was pretty stout despite how pedestrian our passing offense was.

In 2007 in Gibbs last year we went 9-7 and made the playoffs. We scored you guessed it?? 21 ppg folks! We gave up 19.4 ppg and again, we made the playoffs.

So if we score 21 ppg and our D is around top 10 like it may be bc of our great our DL should be we may be a playoff contender.

Don't hold me to that as a prediction (I think we’re a 4 to 6 win team) but it’s entirely possible.

Who has been added to the offense that will help improve that 16.6 ppg? 

Steven Sims will be this teams number two WR he flashed enough last year and developed enough this offseason and showed in training camp that he can be that.

Even if Harmon hadn’t gotten hurt and was starting the game this year, I still think Sims was going to have the second best receiving stats on the team bc Harmon plays a different role, the only reason we would have had Harmon starting over Sims and may have Inman starting over Sims is bc of blocking in the run game. Harmon is a great blocker and Inman is bigger and a better blocker for the run game than Sims too.

I’ve said this already and people can disagree if they want but so expect Sims to have a 60 rec, 600 yard, 5 TD season. No matter what anyone thinks, those are typical #2 WR numbers.

Garçon didn’t put up too much better numbers than that once we signed DJax in 2014 except when Garçon was our only reliable receiving option in 2013 and he had 113 receptions and in 2016 when he had his 2nd and 1000 yard season as a Washington WR and the only 2 in his entire career.

I even laid out a scenario that if everything went right for Sims, Haskins and this passing offense this year he could have 70-75 recs, 800-850 yards and 5-7 TDs. 

Again, those are Pierre Gacron type numbers when our offense was throwing for 4000 plus yards a season except in 2016 when he went over 1,000 yards receiving along with DJax.

So yeah, if Sims gets 60-70 recs, 600-700 yards & 5-7 TDs those are good #2 WR numbers, they just are guys.

Just now, lavar703 said:

I simply cannot believe we’re going into the season with this offensive line, wide receiver and TE group. This has to be the worst group of offensive talent in the NFL. If they aren’t tanking then I have no idea what they are doing 

On the positive side, if Haskins can look at least average surrounded by this lack of talent, we have the benefit of knowing we have our long-term franchise QB while also likely getting a high pick in the 2021 draft - hopefully landing Sewell or Chase. 

• Like 3