Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I simply cannot believe we’re going into the season with this offensive line, wide receiver and TE group. This has to be the worst group of offensive talent in the NFL. If they aren’t tanking then I have no idea what they are doing 

Maybe 

53 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Who has been added to the offense that will help improve that 16.6 ppg? 

Well, not having Callahan running a prehistoric run-first offense probably helps.  Not that I am expecting much in year one anyway, but it is nice to have a young guy running the offense who is in-synch with current trends and analytics.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

On the positive side, if Haskins can look at least average surrounded by this lack of talent, we have the benefit of knowing we have our long-term franchise QB while also likely getting a high pick in the 2021 draft - hopefully landing Sewell or Chase. 

That’s what I’m hoping for.

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

On the positive side, if Haskins can look at least average surrounded by this lack of talent, we have the benefit of knowing we have our long-term franchise QB while also likely getting a high pick in the 2021 draft - hopefully landing Sewell or Chase. 

@Thaiphoon here's another person putting it on Haskins. How can the QB look average with this group of Olinemen, TE's, Wr's and RBs?

These type of comments is why I mention Brady, Manning, and Brees. Haskins isn't them. Haskins still has to grow into the offense himself. 

How is he getting a Fair shot to probe his capability with this offense? 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

@Thaiphoon here's another person putting it on Haskins. How can the QB look average with this group of Olinemen, TE's, Wr's and RBs?

These type of comments is why I mention Brady, Manning, and Brees. Haskins isn't them. Haskins still has to grow into the offense himself. 

How is he getting a Fair shot to probe his capability with this offense? 

Is this a joke?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, not having Callahan running a prehistoric run-first offense probably helps.  Not that I am expecting much in year one anyway, but it is nice to have a young guy running the offense who is in-synch with current trends and analytics.  

I don't recall Jay Gruden offense putting 4 TD'S a game on the board. So I'm not sure what your tryna implement. 

You guys are worried over spilled milk...

Not me...

This 2020 season is setting up to be a classic for Washington Football Team.

For once, I'm not looking at the roster to determine how good or bad we're going to be.

I'm looking at the conditions this year has been, what this team has gone through & further changes to this franchise to show me what I believe the results will be.

With a young team & a new coaching staff as my foundation.

No preseason, Washington name change, Covid-19, no fans in the stands or minimal, Rivera's battle with cancer, #numbers# on helmets, The Predator stalking QB's, the election & any other event that pushes this 2020 season into the twilight zone.

Add a 7th playoff team per Conference to the mix & we now a recipe to a wild & wacky season.

My personal opinion on the team this year? I really don't give a ****. No predictions, no stats, no expectations & no concern.

I would love nothing more than this team go all the way, but I'm certainly not gonna sweat it if they don't.

Specially, with everything that has happened this year. 

I am participating in Woz's weekly "watch your edits" make your picks thread.

I don't believe I've ever taken part in that, so I'll give it a go. But it looks fun.

After I win that, who knows what will be next to keep my mind occupied.

So anyways...relax, enjoy life & let's watch this young team blossom into a hopefully elite dynasty.

And btw...the Washington Football Team will beat Philly week 1. I'm the only person to call that upset I believe. 

Not because I hope it happens...

I've already seen it happen...

And we kick their ***... We win by 10+ pts.

So relax...we will be 1-0.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Who has been added to the offense that will help improve that 16.6 ppg? 

On offense? Who the hell knows. No one really. But if Dwayne improved, that could help. I think one kicker to help the offense get more opportunities? An improved defense creating opportunities. Will that work? Again we just have to watch and see. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

On offense? Who the hell knows. No one really. But if Dwayne improved, that could help. I think one kicker to help the offense get more opportunities? An improved defense creating opportunities. Will that work? Again we just have to watch and see. 

Like I mentioned a few posts ago, I think going away from the offensive philosophy that Callahan took will help put more points on the board just to start.  I don't think it's going to be a juggernaut offense at all, but we were worst in the NFL last year.  I think it's reasonably certain we won't be there again.  24-27 is probably my thought.  I think Turner is a good enough offensive mind to get some more out of this offense even though we are low on talent at the skill positions. 

• Like 1