Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

Haven't we drafted three WRs and a running back in the last two years, retained our PB guard, swung for Amari and missed, brought in a veteran QB and kept one on the roster to mentor, all in year 1 of a rebuild under a new regime IN A PANDEMIC WHERE NOTHING IS NORMAL?

FACTS.

• Like 2

Arizona’s coach is in his second year of rebuilding the team.

Rivera is in year one of rebuilding Washington. Rivera wants a year to evaluate the young talent on this roster.

And even beyond that, are we forgetting that we gave Amari Cooper a better contract offer than the Cowboys and he turned us down bc he felt Dallas was in a better position to make the playoffs and we are rebuilding?

Are we just going to ignore that major attempt to improve the receiving corps?

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Haven't we drafted three WRs and a running back in the last two years, retained our PB guard, swung for Amari and missed, brought in a veteran QB and kept one on the roster to mentor, all in year 1 of a rebuild under a new regime?

FACTS.

There are Facts and opinions 👆these are the facts. If anyone says differently, that would be an opinion.

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't think the offense is set up for success either,though I think it could have some big plays in it don't think it has the talent to be consisent.

With that being said claiming Rivera doesn't like Haskins because of it doesn't sit well to me
1.He Tried to get Trent to stay but his mind was already made/wanted to be overpaid to stay.
2.Was 2nd in the Hooper sweepstakes the top TE in FA and was involved with Greg Olsen who chose to chase a ring instead,
3.Media reports we out offered the Cowboys on Amari but he choose to stay.Not his fault our chise has lost luster to attract stars without serverly overpaying.
4.After Chase we used our next 4 picks on Offensive players to try to get some help.

I love AP but cutting a 35 year old HB who got less then 900 yards last year isn't a make or break thing to me he wasn't going to be a difference maker in if the offense was good or not to me esp in this scheme.

Your entitled to your opinion the same way I'm entitled to mine.

No winning Franchise has put their 2nd year QB in the same Position Haskins is in.

Take a Look at what the Broncos did this off-season after getting Lock last year. Surrounded him with offensive Talent.

Washington added 1 guy who possibly could contribute like Mclaruin last year. Gibson. 

I agree to disagree with anyone who thinks different. 

They don't get Cooper or Hooper so they basically just said F it lets sign a couple of Unproven guys to 1 year deals. That's not helping your QB especially a guy going into his 2nd season and 1st in a new offense. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Your entitled to your opinion the same way I'm entitled to mine.

No winning Franchise has put their 2nd year QB in the same Position Haskins is in.

Take a Look at what the Broncos did this off-season after getting Lock last year. Surrounded him with offensive Talent.

Washington added 1 guy who possibly could contribute like Mclaruin last year. Gibson. 

I agree to disagree with anyone who thinks different. 

They don't get Cooper or Hooper so they basically just said F it lets sign a couple of Unproven guys to 1 year deals. That's not helping your QB especially a guy going into his 2nd season and 1st in a new offense. 

Your opinion more closely aligns with the Vinny Cerrato (in fact, most of your posts do as well). Ron Rivera is bulding a franchise team - and unfortunately, we have to do it the right way. Also, as the above posters have mentioned, we went after some offensive talent this year. We just didn't get them because our Team is not a desirable franchise. 

^in b4 agree to disagree

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Your opinion more closely aligns with the Vinny Cerrato (in fact, most of your posts do as well). Ron Rivera is bulding a franchise team - and unfortunately, we have to do it the right way. Also, as the above posters have mentioned, we went after some offensive talent this year. We just didn't get them because our Team is not a desirable franchise. 

^in b4 agree to disagree

Building the right way does not mean replacing Haskins next year. It means add talent through the draft and hopefully get guys in Free Agency next year. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Haven't we drafted three WRs and a running back in the last two years, retained our PB guard, swung for Amari and missed, brought in a veteran QB and kept one on the roster to mentor, all in year 1 of a rebuild under a new regime IN A PANDEMIC WHERE NOTHING IS NORMAL?

FACTS.

That's a good way to get Fans to think your not tanking but really truly are. Go after 2 of the top Free Agents who don't sign here because we aren't Super Bowl contenders so they sign with Teams that truly are. Now you have the excuse of I tried to sign Cooper and Hooper but They choose elsewhere. They Chose Elsewhere because the Goal is to Win a Super Bowl not be apart of a rebuilding process. 

Their were better cheaper Vet's they could've went after but choose to sign guys like Logan, Rogers, Lucas, Latimer, ect. It was set up from the beginning IMO this was gonna be a process but that's not the message Rivera delivered in his Hiring Press Conference. Had he done that I wouldn't be as upset as I am now. 

That's also why I was in favor of trading pick 2 if offered 3 1st round draft picks, To Win Now. 

Edited by Skins212689

couple opinions and what ifs in there, but that's your prerogative. Hooper seemed fine with signing with Washington (he said money was good and he liked the QB), he just chose Cleveland. Also I know Rivera said he didn't want a 5 year rebuild, but I don't remember him saying it would be 1 year either. 

• Like 2

You guys are arguing, debating, piss contesting or something...

But the truth is... all of you are correct in some form or another.

Is Haskins in a tough spot for a yr 2 QB, when most teams surround their franchise QB with better talent?

Absolutely

Didn't we try to get Haskins some talent by offering Amari cooper a crazy offer and showing big interest in Austin Hooper as well & possibly others?

Absolutely

Is this Coach Rivera's 1st yr here & doesn't he want to find out what kind of hand he's been dealt, considering all the 1 yr deals most guys we sign get & the youngsters he already has & has kept?

Absolutely

Has this Covid19 Plandemic been a detriment to our team & our ability to be more aggressive this off season, than we probably planned for?

Absolutely

The fact of the matter is....you guys are pissed, concerned or whatever about things you don't even know are going to play a huge role in what Rivera & the team are trying to do now.

We've just had our team name stripped from us, after being fans our whole lives...

You have to wear a diaper on your face, everytime you want to buy a loaf of bread, or probably tailgate in your neighbors back yard.

I say....who cares...

Who gives a **** about things out of our control...

Are you going to be mad about not re-signing Sherff, when your yanked from your home and thrown in a fema camp because you refused the vaccine?

Are you going to be concerned about how were using Apke at FS, when Antifa is throwing bricks through your home window?

Everything you guys are talking about could be true....you may be right. But until you see it unfold, you're arguing about something that may not be the case.

What you should be concerned about, is stopping Desean Jackson from streaking down the sidelines for 3 TD's in the first half. Like we always see, no matter the defense we put on the field.

Or will there be a yr 2 for Rivera, considering what he's going through at the moment?

Point is...let Rivera do his thing, let the team come together & let's see what these guys can do. We're probably the youngest team in football, so mistakes are gonna happen. But maybe, just maybe? We have the ingredients to surprise this season.

Either way, let's enjoy the season & be glad there is one.

You can't fill all the wholes this team has through the draft. Free Agency is still important and you shouldn't be Cheap in Free Agency. 

Say they get a starting LT, TE, and RB from the draft. What's wrong with spending money to get a FS and Oline help in Free Agency?

No I don't think Apke is a starter long term. 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And even beyond that, are we forgetting that we gave Amari Cooper a better contract offer than the Cowboys and he turned us down bc he felt Dallas was in a better position to make the playoffs and we are rebuilding?

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

swung for Amari and missed

I’m fine with most of what you guys are saying, but I have to push back on this point. 

I too thought they made a strong offer for Amari and he just chose Dallas for various reasons  — right up until Keim said our offer came with just $23M in guaranteed money. For reference, Amari ended up getting $60M guaranteed from the Cowboys. Austin Hooper got $23M guaranteed — on his $42M contract.

That’s not a legitimate offer for a top 10ish WR. That’s a blatant low-ball. One has to assume their goal was either to drive up the price for the Cowboys or just to allow themselves to say they “made a big offer to Amari Cooper” to placate impatient fans. Assuming Keim was correct about the guaranteed money, I’m sure Cooper never gave that “offer” a moment’s consideration. 

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

^in b4 agree to disagree

What? How is what we’re doing “building the right way”? We didn’t get them because they weren’t willing to be realistic about guaranteed money. It’s not even like we’ve loaded up on draft picks to do this rebuild. If this were an actual rebuild and not just a weird, blatant tank job that makes no sense at all Scherff and Kerrigan would’ve been dealt away. We’re just a team that has no idea what they’re doing. 

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

FACTS.

We haven’t picked a receiver before the third round, we retained our PB guard by franchising him because they can’t work out a deal with him and didn’t make any kind of a real offer to Amari.

Look, I’m fine with rebuilding cause god knows we’ve been doing it for 30 years but why are we holding onto Scherff, Kerrigan and signing 38-year old LBs? I just don’t see with how we’ve set up this offense that we don’t end up in the 3-13 to 5-11 range? Rather than do what the Broncos did with Lock and surround him with talent we’ve asked Haskins to make chicken salad out of chicken crap. It just seems like a backwards way of doing things.