Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

8 hours ago, Woz said:

I want to say there was a previous deadline in year's past when a player could be brought back, but don't hold me to that.

Honestly, I think it was a compromise: "Look we'll allow a shortened IR with no limitations on returns, but we know teams (*) will try to park guys to get through cut downs and then activate them. How do we make this so it's not a complete circus?" So, they decided if a team place a guy on IR before cut downs, the player had to be removed from consideration for the year. If they held the player through the final roster, they could use the "expedited" IR once waivers and cuts were handled. Probably Monday.

(*) Washington under Gibbs did this, amongst other teams as well. So it's not like the league didn't see it coming.

Ahh...okay. Sorry. It was late last night and I wasn't understanding. Yeah, I can see why they would do that. We stashed Stan Humphries for a mysterious "blood disorder" if I'm not mistaken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You do know (and if you do it makes it funnier) that turtle is an OSU fan right? No one is going to homer more for him to do well than him. 

You guys are Ignoring Key Football 101 lessons. 

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees wouldn't even magical numbers with this group on offense. 

I agree to disagree with anyone who can't comprehend that. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You guys are Ignoring Key Football 101 lessons. 

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees wouldn't even magical numbers with this group on offense. 

I agree to disagree with anyone who can't comprehend that. 

I literally have no idea what this has to do with anything that @MikeT14 just posted (about @turtle28 being a homer for the OSU guys). 

No one is disagreeing with the bolded. Yet that is the one-note that you keep playing in every single post.

Give it a rest.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I literally have no idea what this has to do with anything that @MikeT14 just posted (about @turtle28 being a homer for the OSU guys). 

No one is disagreeing with the bolded. Yet that is the one-note that you keep playing in every single post.

Give it a rest.

They are disagreeing it they truly believe this offense will be Special thia up coming season. Seems I'm the only one speaking on the lack of Proven Talent IT Has. 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They are disagreeing it they truly believe this offense will be Special thia up coming season.

Who is "they"???

You keep floating this up about a group of people you refer to as "they".

Who is saying the entire offense is going to be truly special?

Seems I'm the only one speaking on the lack of Proven Talent IT Has. 

Again...you're incorrect. We have quite a bit of rookies and young talent. Quite a lot of us have harped on that. I'm literally not sure what you're talking about here given that I've seen every post people have posted here and you're not the only one expressing this opinion.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Who is "they"???

You keep floating this up about a group of people you refer to as "they".

Who is saying the entire offense is going to be truly special?

Again...you're incorrect. We have quite a bit of rookies and young talent. Quite a lot of us have harped on that. I'm literally not sure what you're talking about here given that I've seen every post people have posted here and you're not the only one expressing this opinion.

Than stop replying if you don't know who They are. Read the thread. 

This Offense is not put together to score 21 points a game plain and simple. That's not the QB fault. 

So while moderating through the season just make sure the Whole Forum Understands that. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Than stop replying if you don't know who They are. Read the thread. 

I'm not going to stop replying.  I've read the thread. I don't think you have.

I've read all the posts and you're severely misrepresenting the positions of others in order to erect a strawman that you can knock down.

So I'll ask you again. Who is arguing this offense is going to be special?

It's put up time. Be specific so they can respond and educate you on their positions that you're misrepresenting

This Offense is not put together to score 21 points a game plain and simple. That's not the QB fault

Who has said that the composition of the offense is the QB's fault?

So while moderating through the season just make sure the Whole Forum Understands that. 

Yeah. The whole forum understands quite a bit about football. They might disagree with you about a point but they understand the game. I'm not seeing anyone say this offense (as an entire offense) is a top offense in the league like you seem to believe they have said. 

And I'll keep my own counsel on how to moderate, thank you.

I'm not going to stop replying.  I've read the thread. I don't think you have.

I've read all the posts and you're severely misrepresenting the positions of others in order to erect a strawman that you can knock down.

So I'll ask you again. Who is arguing this offense is going to be special?

It's put up time. Be specific so they can respond and educate you on their positions that you're misrepresenting

Who has said that the composition of the offense is the QB's fault?

Yeah. The whole forum understands quite a bit about football. They might disagree with you about a point but they understand the game. I'm not seeing anyone say this offense (as an entire offense) is a top offense in the league like you seem to believe they have said. 

And I'll keep my own counsel on how to moderate, thank you.

So @Turtle wasn't arguing how Iman and Sims Jr will be key contributors to the offense? 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So @Turtle wasn't arguing how Iman and Sims Jr will be key contributors to the offense? 

LOL...

Oh man. This is why you get into so many arguments where people are literally wondering what you're responding to.

I can tell you that a player is going to be a "key contributor" and not be saying that the entire offense is going to be special.

In @turtle28 's case. He's always a homer when it comes to our players. I'm more of a pessimist. But I didn't see him say that the offense is suddenly "special" because of Inman and Sims Jr. I just saw him talking about how they will be key contributors and might be better than other options we might have right now.

A key contributor in a loss in Week 4 can still have a good game, even if the offense sucked overall.

This is why you end up with some of the arguments you get embroiled in. You take what someone ACTUALLY says, and then twist it up into something else and then respond to your mischaracterization of what you twisted it to mean. And then go on and on for pages of the forum about something that no one said.

Next time, re-read it and if not sure what they said, ask them to elaborate it so you can be clear as to their meaning.

LOL...

Oh man. This is why you get into so many arguments where people are literally wondering what you're responding to.

I can tell you that a player is going to be a "key contributor" and not be saying that the entire offense is going to be special.

In @turtle28 's case. He's always a homer when it comes to our players. I'm more of a pessimist. But I didn't see him say that the offense is suddenly "special" because of Inman and Sims Jr. I just saw him talking about how they will be key contributors and might be better than other options we might have right now.

A key contributor in a loss in Week 4 can still have a good game, even if the offense sucked overall.

This is why you end up with some of the arguments you get embroiled in. You take what someone ACTUALLY says, and then twist it up into something else and then respond to your mischaracterization of what you twisted it to mean. And then go on and on for pages of the forum about something that no one said.

Next time, re-read it and if not sure what they said, ask them to elaborate it so you can be clear as to their meaning.

His Homer attitude can get out of hand. All I'm saying is this Offense isn't Special. It won't consistently put 21 points on the board and the QB won't be the only person to blame.

Fans need to be prepared for that. 

44 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They are disagreeing it they truly believe this offense will be Special thia up coming season. Seems I'm the only one speaking on the lack of Proven Talent IT Has. 

lol I feel like you haven't been reading my posts then. I criticize this team and what it has as much as anyone.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok so you agree the offense won't put up 21 points a games? 

That's simply 3 TD's a game in a 4 quarter sport. 

That would mean our offense is better than in 2018 and it probably isn't.

Ideally, when you finish last in the league in 2019, the only place to go is up.