Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Guess that means he's a good receiving back...... lol

That 6.9 (nice... but not really) yards per catch was really doing something!

Try the guy just drafted after him. McCaffrey had 8.7 on like a thousand receptions. Cook 9.8. Miles Sanders had 10.2. Ekeler 10.8.

Fournette doesn't provide much value as a receiver. I never said he wasn't capable of catching the ball if targeted. Eagles 4th RB Elijah Holyfield has been catching passes fairly well in camp, but I doubt that indicates he'll be that effective in that capacity despite being able to do it.

He was messing around tbh.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Yes. Because it just doesn't happen. Here's every team that's secured the #1 pick over the last 20 years.

qTKNATB.png

If the Jaguars get the #1 pick, it means Minshew flopped.

If Minshew put up 2015 Titans #s this year I wouldn’t consider that a flop from a 2nd year mid round QB tbh...probably last year Bengals #s either

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I just figured it out like a minute after posting and rereading the responses.

Sorry you guys had to go through making that pick and all the other shenanigans these past years.

Once Coughlin became in charge, I knew the pick was going to be Fournette. 

I’ve been a fan for like 17 years, I’ve known nothing but losing. This is nothing new for me.

I am hoping better days are ahead or they move to London so I can become a Chiefs fan with ET.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Guess that means he's a good receiving back...... lol

That 6.9 (nice... but not really) yards per catch was really doing something!

Try the guy just drafted after him. McCaffrey had 8.7 on like a thousand receptions. Cook 9.8. Miles Sanders had 10.2. Ekeler 10.8.

Fournette doesn't provide much value as a receiver. I never said he wasn't capable of catching the ball if targeted. Eagles 4th RB Elijah Holyfield has been catching passes fairly well in camp, but I doubt that indicates he'll be that effective in that capacity despite being able to do it.

I guess that means Kamara was bad too, eh?

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Comparing those two as receivers <<<<<<<<<<

Never said YPR is the best way to judge, but its part of the equation.

Kamara had 5 more receptions, 10 more yards, a lower YPR and one more TD. So what makes what Kamara did last year indicative of a high tier receiving back, and Fournette one that doesn't provide much? Because he lined up in the slot and didn't actually do anything more than what Fournette did out of the backfield?

Fournette isn't a game breaker receiving threat or anything, but this idea that he doesn't add any value to the passing game, when no one would say Kamara didn't add anything to the Saints passing game last season with a nearly identical output is kinda ridiculous.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Kamara had 5 more receptions, 10 more yards, a lower YPR and one more TD. So what makes what Kamara did last year indicative of a high tier receiving back, and Fournette one that doesn't provide much? Because he lined up in the slot and didn't actually do anything more than what Fournette did out of the backfield?

Fournette isn't a game breaker receiving threat or anything, but this idea that he doesn't add any value to the passing game, when no one would say Kamara didn't add anything to the Saints passing game last season with a nearly identical output is kinda ridiculous.

Yawn... because of the types and quality of the routes Kamara runs.... not just out of the slot, but out of the backfield as well.

Stop trying so hard.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Kamara had 5 more receptions, 10 more yards, a lower YPR and one more TD.

He was also playing on a high ankle sprain all year... I think his prior years are more apparent to his skillset, when he averaged 10.2 and 8.8, respectively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yawn... because of the types and quality of the routes Kamara runs.... not just out of the slot, but out of the backfield as well.

Stop trying so hard.

So he runs these quality routes that didn't actually result in anything resembling a better performance. That's cool, I guess.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He was also playing on a high ankle sprain all year... I think his prior years are more apparent to his skillset, when he averaged 10.2 and 8.8, respectively.

Sure, he can be a better player than he was last season. But nobody, literally anywhere, is saying he underperformed last year despite the fact that an identical performance from another player is being dogged. If last year's performance is acceptable if you slap the name Alvin Kamara on it, why is it not acceptable if the name reads Leonard Fournette? 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Sure, he can be a better player than he was last season. But nobody, literally anywhere, is saying he underperformed last year despite the fact that an identical performance from another player is being dogged. If last year's performance is acceptable if you slap the name Alvin Kamara on it, why is it not acceptable if the name reads Leonard Fournette? 

ummm......

The fact that one of them is well known for being a really good receiving back with great production in years he wasn't hampered by injury and one is Leonard Fournette?

The eye in the sky and past production tell you that you're wrong, but you keep going.

Fournette is no longer a Jag. No need to keep hyping him up.