Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

Jay Gruden’s love for Chris Thompson is undefeated. 

In all seriousness, it shouldn’t be overlooked that Jay made AD inactive in the first game last season. He would have stayed there for as long as Gruden was HC if Guice didn’t get injured. Jay has a particular hatred for backs that don’t do well in a spread offense. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What else is usually wrong? Unless you're just talking about not liking how they grade.

As far as stats or numbers like that one I have no reason to not believe it. They are usually spot on with things like that.

Eh, I'd be wary of that. I went insane a few years ago because the discrepancy between pressure statistics from PFF and the company that does official stat keeping for the NFL were totally off. Now, pressures are more subjective that broken tackles, but not by all that much. I went so far as to email both companies to get their definitions of 'pressure' to figure out why PFF had Olivier Vernon as top-5 in pressures with like 80-something and the NFL had Vernon at 15th with like 35 or something like that. It made no sense to me. I never did get a real clear explanation; I heard back from the company the NFL gets their stats from (forget the name), but I didn't hear back from PFF. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Eh, I'd be wary of that. I went insane a few years ago because the discrepancy between pressure statistics from PFF and the company that does official stat keeping for the NFL were totally off. Now, pressures are more subjective that broken tackles, but not by all that much. I went so far as to email both companies to get their definitions of 'pressure' to figure out why PFF had Olivier Vernon as top-5 in pressures with like 80-something and the NFL had Vernon at 15th with like 35 or something like that. It made no sense to me. I never did get a real clear explanation; I heard back from the company the NFL gets their stats from (forget the name), but I didn't hear back from PFF. 

Think you could look just about anywhere and see a low number of broken tackles, especially for a guy coined as a "power back". Which was ultimately the point. Not so much going about the exact number if you don't want to agree with PFF.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Think you could look just about anywhere and see a low number of broken tackles, especially for a guy coined as a "power back". Which was ultimately the point. Not so much going about the exact number if you don't want to agree with PFF.

Yeah I understand that. Just a bit of a tangent to be wary of any somewhat-subjective statistic from PFF.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Are you being serious?  

You commented about how he's not effective out of the backfield. Maybe they watch games in a similar way. 

So, you're issue is with them.

I've admitted more than once I'm not an expert, so citing my errors doesn't earn you any credibility. You have yet to provide a reasonable response, so I'll assume you blindly dislike PFF and leave it at that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

?

You can hate PFF all you want but a stat like that isn't going to be incorrect from them.

Stats like "broken tackle", "on target pass", "catchable pass", and "dropped pass" can actually be fairly subjective. 

What is a broken tackle?  Do you literally have to be in the grasp of a defender and break out?  If a defender gets a hand on you, is that a broken tackle?  What if you juke a defender and he doesn't touch you at all?  And even if it were defined consistently, it's still subjective.

This has more to do with my ongoing dislike of subjective player grading, than it does to with Fournette.

• Like 2

I actually thought Fournette showed a lot of growth and maturity with himself last season. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he "fails" on another team. Don't see it happening though. Guy is going to be hungry and ready to prove himself...

7 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I actually thought Fournette showed a lot of growth and maturity with himself last season. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he "fails" on another team. Don't see it happening though. Guy is going to be hungry and ready to prove himself...

He did show a lot of growth. Doesn't change the fact he just isn't that good though and wasn't the player most viewed him as coming out of the draft.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

People saying a team could have got a pick after a player is cut just kills me everytime.

Like...you realize how valued picks are, right? You think instead of working the phones, which have been done since March, that a team would decid to not ask around prior to letting a guy go to try and get compensation back instead of nothing?

Like, what?....

Exactly. Seems like they’ve been trying to trade him forever, so they would have if they could have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Given they just worked the phones for Yan, I'm sure they asked around for a pick on Fournette and got nothing in return.

Sure, there is "former top 5 pick" upside to be had, but there are a lot of soft tissue and ankle injuries as well as "malcontent" issues (the on field fight a few years ago) that would scare off a team. He's a two down RB, doesn't really catch the ball much - market for that is dying quickly.

I'm sure there's a market for him, but not at his price tag...

sir. He caught 76 balls last years. Thats a lot. 

FOurnette gets a bad rap, and issues aside in jacksonville he was actually pretty good last year. Hes not great and hes fallen short of where his draft status says he should be, but the effeciency was decent running in an awful offense and he at least showed he can be a 3 down guy. He should get scooped up pretty quick if he wants.