Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Don't think we have the money. But I can't rule it out.

I'm just assuming he signs a 1 year deal at nearly a vet minimum, to be honest. If nobody was willing to give up a late round pick for him, can't imagine that his market is going to be crazy. Going to a good team where he can be productive on a very short term basis would likely be far better for his long term outlook. 

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If you wear a King Hippo avy, don't be surprised when people go for the gut-shot.

I'm never surprised about anything - except for the stupidity of others, that's always something that gets me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We aren't picking high enough unless Minshew flops.

Who are the perceived main competitors for that #1 pick?

A quartet of Bengals, Giants, Jets, Redskins maybe?

Even if Minshew out-performs those other QBs to a pretty significant extent, (which I wouldn't bank on considering all of those teams have young, developmental "high upside" guys just like Minshew), I think the Jaguars gap in talent - when it comes to the other 21 positions on the field - is significant enough to where the Jaguars are absolutely in the driver's seat for the #1 pick as things stand today 2 weeks from kickoff.

In terms of overall roster talent, I'd argue

1. Bengals 2. Redskins 3. Giants 4. Jets 5. Jags

This is a Jags organization that outside of 2017, has had these win totals the past seven years: 6/5/3/5/3/4/2...and I'd argue outside of Allen and Chark they're as weak talent-wise of any of those teams.

You'd really be that surprised if the Jags were picking first next year, even if Minshew plays at an averageish league level?

Edited by Ray Reed

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is a binary stat though - was a tackle broken? Yes or no? How can you really mess that up?

I don't like PFF when they start creating math to create some new stat that allows for grading or ranking players, but this is pretty straightforward...

I don’t have an issue using stats (as long as they’re all from the same place), but in fairness to that dude, broken tackles can be obscure. PFR has Jacobs as breaking 30 tackles last season. Does juking a guy out constitute a broken tackle? What about if a guy gets a finger on your back in pursuit? Or if a guy dives and whiffs in chase? 

Food for thought. Not really relevant to anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Who are the perceived main competitors for that #1 pick?

A quartet of Bengals, Giants, Jets, Redskins maybe?

Even if Minshew out-performs those other QBs to a pretty significant extent, (which I wouldn't bank on considering all of those teams have young, developmental "high upside" guys just like Minshew), I think the Jaguars gap in talent - when it comes to the other 21 positions on the field - is significant enough to where the Jaguars are absolutely in the driver's seat for the #1 pick as things stand today 2 weeks from kickoff.

In terms of overall roster talent, I'd argue

1. Bengals 2. Redskins 3. Giants 4. Jets 5. Jags

Hard to argue that at this current point, I'm not going to lie.

I'll likely get burned by being so desperate for a franchise/face of the franchise QB but I'm all aboard the Minshew train until there's a reason to jump off it. 

This team does have some guys who could surprise imo. It isn't void of talent. It's just a very young team that also has a lot of guys they're banking on taking big steps up (Smoot, Bryan, Cam Rob, Keelan Cole, Ronnie Harrison, etc.). Think everyone from that list is capable/has shown flashes in their career, but it's asking a lot to expect the current construct to be very good. I agree.

As far as the weapons for Minshew, as I said before, I think it's better than a year ago. Jay Gruden is also much better than Deflippo.

• Like 1