FF MLB Veterans League

playmaker8267

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, that makes sense. And I'm really okay not snaking it, like I said, you and I were pretty clearly the best rosters last year by a shot, so we can afford the handicap. My only concern on this question is just if there was a middle of the pack team who was getting messed up by it.

I wonder if there is a chat app we could use that would make responses easier/faster? Does everyone have Slack or Discord or something like that? 

I'd like to not use snake moving forward personally. I would like this league to stay relatively close and don't want to have to reset down the road.

I'm picking #5 so the snake vs. no snake makes no difference to me.

I'd like to not use the snake format. Not that I want to penalize teams at the top of the league for trying, but I don't want to incentivize teams who finished last (because they didn't try) to leave the league. I'm not entirely confident we can find new owners. If the standard 1..10 / 1..10 / 1..10 etc format is appeasing owners who didn't try, so be it. They'll just finish last again because they won't try again. As someone who tries until the end, I'm fine with there being less competition if it means the league can stay afloat.

I prefer non snake drafts for larger keeper leagues like this. And I'm not just saying that because I'll have the 3rd pick in each round lol. I'd be saying the same thing if I took first and had to pick last each round. It's the right way to do it. Every dynasty or 7-10 keeper league I've ever done has had a normal draft where the bottom teams from the previous years pick first in each round. It's like professional sports. The NFL, NBA and MLB don't do snake drafts. 

13 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

OK so far we have @crab1106 @klyon7634 @malibuspeedrace @playmaker8267 and myself at non snake

It's getting close to majority fellas

I never provided input on this subject, your attempt to mind read......however is accurate here.

I am cool with no snake

@BillsGuy82, Please never confuse me for @freakygeniuskid again.
There are a few things in life that would be impossible to get over, and being confused with Freaky is near the top of that list

As of now I probably won't make it at 6. I remember that being discussed and I think I forgot to give input, my bad. I live on the west coast, so that's 3 for me and I was already leaving an event early to make it for 4, leaving earlier isn't really an option. Now, that said, I just heard that the weather lately might've made the road not doable. In which case the event will be delayed. Fingers crossed. I'll try to post on here when I find out for sure.

Edit: Update: The event is still on. So I won't be on until 7 EST.

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

As of now I probably won't make it at 6. I remember that being discussed and I think I forgot to give input, my bad. I live on the west coast, so that's 3 for me and I was already leaving an event early to make it for 4, leaving earlier isn't really an option. Now, that said, I just heard that the weather lately might've made the road not doable. In which case the event will be delayed. Fingers crossed. I'll try to post on here when I find out for sure.

Edit: Update: The event is still on. So I won't be on until 7 EST.

Can you set a queue ? Can some of your guys. It's too late to alter unfortunately

25 mins to draft @klyon7634 @malibuspeedrace @playmaker8267 @devils1854 @biggio7 @zelbell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived