Week 1: Chicago at Detroit

Superduperman

20 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Had Stafford not missed 8 of those games, I think I'd be more concerned with that stat.

I think this is a fair point.  I do think this team looks deflated as Louis Friend said.  It will be interesting to see how MP responds with his coaching.  I think we can all agree he is in a sink or swim predicament.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I think this is a fair point.  I do think this team looks deflated as Louis Friend said.  It will be interesting to see how MP responds with his coaching.  I think we can all agree he is in a sink or swim predicament.

No doubt about it. I've always believed that a coach should get at least 3 years. If Quinn and Patricia fail to reach the expanded postseason, I'll have serious questions. If the team fails to reach 5 wins, I'll likely believe that they should find their replacements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No doubt about it. I've always believed that a coach should get at least 3 years. If Quinn and Patricia fail to reach the expanded postseason, I'll have serious questions. If the team fails to reach 5 wins, I'll likely believe that they should find their replacements.

So would you give him the full season, or would you fire him before the end of the season?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Full season, unless the locker room implodes. I know fans want something done, but I don't think it would make sense to fire Patricia in the middle of year 3.

I'm in the, if you go 0-4 you're done. Give the keys to Bevell and see if there is anything with the players BQ has drafted.  If that still fails then get rid of all of them.  If Bevell can go 500 to close out the season then re-evaluate on BQ.  Now before anyone jumps my crap, I still don't like BQ. I'm just soooooo disinterested in the Ford family being in charge of another rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm in the, if you go 0-4 you're done. Give the keys to Bevell and see if there is anything with the players BQ has drafted.  If that still fails then get rid of all of them.  If Bevell can go 500 to close out the season then re-evaluate on BQ.  Now before anyone jumps my crap, I still don't like BQ. I'm just soooooo disinterested in the Ford family being in charge of another rebuild.

I can see that.

Both the Cardinals and Saints appear to be legitimate teams. If we're still struggling with key injuries over the next few weeks, I could easily see us losing those games. To me, that wouldn't be enough of a sample size to start over.

15 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Full season, unless the locker room implodes. I know fans want something done, but I don't think it would make sense to fire Patricia in the middle of year 3.

I agree with this.  I have never been a fan of blowing it up mid season just because it really doesnt help anything.  You are not getting better coaches or GMs mid season to make an impact on this season.  Let them play it out, and then pack their bags.  I see no point in letting Bevell be the head coach as he is already there and helping make calls and developing players.  Let them ride it out but have your GM list ready to go and make calls to line someone up at seasons end and let him get the coach he wants. 

• Like 2