How is Mike Mayock doing so far?

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rich came into the season as the Asst. Head Coach though, so did Mayock really do anything there? At best, he simply stood pat and let the staff go about it's business the same way or would have had Gruden simply been out for an extended period. 

fair enough, It is really tough for us Fans to know what Mayock did because it seems / sounds like Gruden really had most of control. 
Gruden and Mayock have both said they worked well together and bounced ideas off one another. 
MD will know way more and will / should make his decision based on the input Mayock was giving on the decisions we made. 

but when the Raiders hired MM, we were coming off a 4-12 season. 3 years later we are in the playoffs. It was always going to be a rebuild and here we are after 3 years. 
While yes we have holes, we also have a lot of foundational pieces and good salary cap to attack this season. 

in the offseason, he and gruden made the tough decision to gut the Oline to spend on the D. 
That decision, is a big part of the reason we are in the playoffs. 

Andre James possibly out played Hudson this year from what Ive heard (I didnt watch a ton of ARI games to be fair tho)
Ruggs put up similar numbers to Agholor this season in 6? games. Many wanted to resign him, but we gave that money to yannick. 

Jefferson/ Thomas were major successes for us this year. 
Yannick vs Agholor was a success
Perryman a success
Diablo and Moehrig success, especialy Moehrig
Hayward a success. 

We spent a lot of resources on D and it worked out really well for a 1 year turn around.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't see the value in retaining someone that has blown 5 first round picks and over a quarter billion dollars on free agents that were non-factors for us. We're heading into year 4 with Mayock and still have major holes across the roster, minimal depth, and almost zero star talent.

Also we are not heading into year 4. 
We are headed to the playoffs baby!

Just now, NYRaider said:

Bring Mike, Rich, and the whole gang back. Let's see how sustainable it is going forward.

Do you want DC or Mariotta starting this weekend?
I hope Mark Davis interviews GMs and HCs. But to just disregard Mayock and Rich would be a mistake. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Do you want DC or Mariotta starting this weekend?
I hope Mark Davis interviews GMs and HCs. But to just disregard Mayock and Rich would be a mistake. 

To just hand them the job without exploring other options would be shortsighted. Mariota made a ton of plays for us in our most important game of the season while Carr didn't play particularly well, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

To just hand them the job without exploring other options would be shortsighted. Mariota made a ton of plays for us in our most important game of the season while Carr didn't play particularly well, lol.

exactly, why I hope we interview others. LOL

Mariota plays
1.Run for no yards on 2nd and 10, Carr had to convert 3rd and 10 to keep drive alive
2.Mariotta pass to waller for 4 yards in redzone on 1st and 10
3.3rd and 1 - 15 yard Mariotta run. Massive play
4.2nd and 2, Mariotta run for nothing, Carr threw TD pass next play
5. Mariota run for 8 yards on 1st and 10

I would not call that making a ton of plays for us, personally. Albiet he was not given a ton of opportunities, but 50% of his runs were for 0 yards. 
All of his redzone runs were for 0 yards. 
His one pass was for 4 yards. 
I just dont believe you can say he made a ton of plays for us. He made 2 plays for us. The 15 yard run was massive. 

If Derek Carr was tackled in the open field on that run this forum would be laughing at how bad Carr was scrambling, but the fact of the matter is just the guy made a hell of an open field Tackle. 

As ive said in other threads though, I think if you put Mariotta in, you need to commit to him being in a few plays. going in for 1 play here and there is tough on any QB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

$389M, 5 first round picks, 3 third round picks, 3 fourth round picks, and a 5th round pick for the following list of players:

FA/Trade: Trent Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrell Williams, Kenyan Drake, Nick Kwit, Jason Witten, Carl Nassib, Maliek Collins, Antonio Brown

Draft: Celin Ferrell, Alex Leatherwood, Henry Ruggs, Damon Arnette, Jonathan Abram, Lynn Bowden, Tanner Muse, John Simpson, Amik Robertson, Isaiah Johnson

So nearly half a billion dollars and 12 draft picks used to acquire two players that will be playing for us on Saturday and they're both terrible.

But on the bright side though with as poorly as Mayock has managed our assets, it likely cannot get worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

$389M, 5 first round picks, 3 third round picks, 3 fourth round picks, and a 5th round pick for the following list of players:

FA/Trade: Trent Brown, Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrell Williams, Kenyan Drake, Nick Kwit, Jason Witten, Carl Nassib, Maliek Collins, Antonio Brown

Draft: Celin Ferrell, Alex Leatherwood, Henry Ruggs, Damon Arnette, Jonathan Abram, Lynn Bowden, Tanner Muse, John Simpson, Amik Robertson, Isaiah Johnson

So nearly half a billion dollars and 12 draft picks used to acquire two players that will be playing for us on Saturday and they're both terrible.

But on the bright side though with as poorly as Mayock has managed our assets, it likely cannot get worse.

Ill answer this with your own quote:

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Let's give all of the credit/blame to Gruden, he's the one that built the team that is currently in the playoffs. 

You have said Gruden built the team. That is a fact, I just quoted it for you to remember. 
So with that, (You believing Gruden built the team);
Why would I punish Mayock for all of those Mistakes, that again, you yourself have said was Gruden?

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Mariota plays
1.Run for no yards on 2nd and 10, Carr had to convert 3rd and 10 to keep drive alive
2.Mariotta pass to waller for 4 yards in redzone on 1st and 10
3.3rd and 1 - 15 yard Mariotta run. Massive play
4.2nd and 2, Mariotta run for nothing, Carr threw TD pass next play
5. Mariota run for 8 yards on 1st and 10

I would not call that making a ton of plays for us, personally. Albiet he was not given a ton of opportunities, but 50% of his runs were for 0 yards. 
All of his redzone runs were for 0 yards. 
His one pass was for 4 yards. 
I just dont believe you can say he made a ton of plays for us. He made 2 plays for us. The 15 yard run was massive. 

If Derek Carr was tackled in the open field on that run this forum would be laughing at how bad Carr was scrambling, but the fact of the matter is just the guy made a hell of an open field Tackle. 

As ive said in other threads though, I think if you put Mariotta in, you need to commit to him being in a few plays. going in for 1 play here and there is tough on any QB.

Mariota also made one of the worst reads you'll see on the reverse to Renfrow that put us miles behind schedule. Should have kept it and took a much smaller loss but had poor game awareness. 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

Mariota also made one of the worst reads you'll see on the reverse to Renfrow that put us miles behind schedule. Should have kept it and took a much smaller loss but had poor game awareness. 

Ah I missed that looking over the play by play. 
Not trying to hate on him, because I think he can be a big factor in fixing our redzone issues, but the praise he gets vs carr is crazy.
Carr beat chargers last year, Mariotta lost to them, and yet people all offseason talked about how amazing he was that game and then would say all that matters is wins/losses to discredit carr. LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ill answer this with your own quote:

You have said Gruden built the team. That is a fact, I just quoted it for you to remember. 
So with that, (You believing Gruden built the team);
Why would I punish Mayock for all of those Mistakes, that again, you yourself have said was Gruden?

If Gruden built this playoff team, why should Mike be retained? If they built it working together, considering the historical amount of resources we've wasted along the way, why should Mike be retained?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ah I missed that looking over the play by play. 
Not trying to hate on him, because I think he can be a big factor in fixing our redzone issues, but the praise he gets vs carr is crazy.
Carr beat chargers last year, Mariotta lost to them, and yet people all offseason talked about how amazing he was that game and then would say all that matters is wins/losses to discredit carr. LOL

People tend to dramatically overrate mobile QBs, especially when they play at short notice so D isn't really ready for them. He is a below average passer who has always struggled with a slow release. Not a starter, excellent back up but way overpaid. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ooof. 

That hurts to read. 

When you really list it out, it certainly outweighs any of his rare "hits". 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Gruden built this playoff team, why should Mike be retained? If they built it working together, considering the historical amount of resources we've wasted along the way, why should Mike be retained?

Because I am assuming MD knows who Mayock was pushing for and who Gruden was pushing for. 
As ill continue to say, us fans dont know, but Mark Davis does. 

What Mark Davis knows will decide if he stays or not. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Because I am assuming MD knows who Mayock was pushing for and who Gruden was pushing for. 
As ill continue to say, us fans dont know, but Mark Davis does. 

What Mark Davis knows will decide if he stays or not. 

Mark Davis making the decision is part of the problem tbh 

• Like 1