2020 Week One Steelers at Giants Game Day Thread

Steeler Hitman

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

If Dupree were counted on as your primary pass rusher you are in trouble. But if he’s the “other guy” then he’s gonna be a stud for you. 

What are you guys saying? Dupree was the best player on defense for both teams last night. He was playing like his hair was on fire and I seriously doubt we win that game without him.

I get that it took him a few years to develop but the guy had 11.5 sacks last year, looks like he could be even better this year, and is going to get PAID after the season (probably by someone else unfortunately). He was touted as an extremely raw player with a high ceiling coming out and people still holding it against him that it took him a few years reach it, I don’t get it.

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

If Dupree were counted on as your primary pass rusher you are in trouble. But if he’s the “other guy” then he’s gonna be a stud for you. 

agree, he compliments his teammates, but couldn't be the #1 passrusher etc.  He has good effort , that Cam int was a good play by Dupree.  Made strides after porter was fired and by staying healthy. I like the effort, and I was a critic. 

No point debating if Bud is #2 or #4 best pass rusher, he is making the defence better and is a good teammate. I expect more plays as the year goes on, and he appears to be going for FF more too, so it's all happening for him now. 

Will they be able to afford Dupree and Watt? 

On 9/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, jebrick said:

The refs were not calling holding at all.  I can recall Watt being tackled from behind and there was no call so so not read a lot into who got home.  I expect both had to do some contain with a QB that can run.

As ESPN reporter Kevin Seifert noted, officials flagged players for holding just 18 times in Week 1, which is down 78% from the opening week a year ago and the lowest number we've seen going back through 2001

Something to consider. Apparently holding was not just down across the league, but VERY down. Interesting concept as Barwell mentions that it might have to do with the NFL adjusting their calls based on no preseason and the strange offseason in general....but its something to watch moving forward. 

The league always has one or two emphasis changes that stand out each year.....I really hope its not holding.

• Like 1