Raiders place QB Marcus Mariota on IR

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, D82 said:

Think Mariota is just about done at this point. Guy can't stay healthy and was really never a great QB even when he was. 

I could see him heading up North, giving Canada a shot - moreso than most, his game would translate to CFL pretty well. 

Maybe he can get some reps up North, get his confidence back? Learn how to do something other than check it down? 

I still remember being so upset he didn't declare his Junior year, when the Texans had the #1 pick - I really thought he'd be good. Turns out that was a blessing in disguise, it was good that the Titans took that loss...

I always thought MM was going to be Alex Smith 2.0 worst case scenario. Athletic, good accuracy, limited ability to throw the ball downfield and to the outside into tight windows, but smart. I'm disappointed that I was wrong, because he's the type of guy you root for. Great teammate, consummate professional, goes above and beyond in his work ethic, etc. 

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I always thought MM was going to be Alex Smith 2.0 worst case scenario. Athletic, good accuracy, limited ability to throw the ball downfield and to the outside into tight windows, but smart. I'm disappointed that I was wrong, because he's the type of guy you root for. Great teammate, consummate professional, goes above and beyond in his work ethic, etc. 

He looked well on his way to at least being that. Had a good rookie year, breakout sophomore season, broke his leg in the last game of the year and was never the same. His play pre-leg break and post-leg break is startling. It’s kinda sad really.

Like you said it sucks because he’s a great guy so I’m always going to root for him.

Edited by TitanSlim

6 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Guy is solid but you cant expect big plays running 2-3 TE formation with no big play WR.

if haskin doeent work out and we dont have the #1 pick for Lawrence I would gladly take him on the redskins

Carr just plays too safe. He's timid about taking shots and makes weird decisions at times. I feel he has the talent to succeed but he needs help. Unfortunately he's never had that outside once Cooper left and even he wasn't trying at times. It sucks Williams is on IR now bc this group was looking to be his best assuming Renfrow continues to progress and Ruggs is worth a damn. No reason to think he won't be though. The fact they said they wanted Jacobs to get more involved in the passing game makes me think he'll continue to play timid and check down too often.

Personally I've always said we could do way better but at the same time, way worse. He's very accurate, his release is quick, he's got the arm talent but he never uses it. He can run if he has to but never does (I feel his broken leg affects these decisions). I dunno. He's weird. He should be excellent but he's just above average. If he doesn't put it together this year, I'd like to look elsewhere. Mariota was never going to be that guy so I've always hated this signing. He's a bum. Nice guy but winning games doesn't matter if you're nice bc if so, Carr would already be a HoFer.

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Carr just plays too safe. He's timid about taking shots and makes weird decisions at times. I feel he has the talent to succeed but he needs help. Unfortunately he's never had that outside once Cooper left and even he wasn't trying at times. It sucks Williams is on IR now bc this group was looking to be his best assuming Renfrow continues to progress and Ruggs is worth a damn. No reason to think he won't be though. The fact they said they wanted Jacobs to get more involved in the passing game makes me think he'll continue to play timid and check down too often.

Personally I've always said we could do way better but at the same time, way worse. He's very accurate, his release is quick, he's got the arm talent but he never uses it. He can run if he has to but never does (I feel his broken leg affects these decisions). I dunno. He's weird. He should be excellent but he's just above average. If he doesn't put it together this year, I'd like to look elsewhere. Mariota was never going to be that guy so I've always hated this signing. He's a bum. Nice guy but winning games doesn't matter if you're nice bc if so, Carr would already be a HoFer.

Yes but Marcus is worse. You guys dont have a deep threat and run alot of tight end heavy sets. Your offense us predictable and its a west coast offense no one goes vertical.

29 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Yes but Marcus is worse. You guys dont have a deep threat and run alot of tight end heavy sets. Your offense us predictable and its a west coast offense no one goes vertical.

We really haven't had a vertical threat until now though. Ruggs is definitely that guy. What you're saying is not incorrect by any means and I realize the type of offense that is ran but I am under the impression things will look a little different this year and I hope that's the case. Things need to change. There's too much talent on that side of the ball to be wasted like they have been especially last year. 

Mariota has always been severely overrated and that was our biggest "WTF signing". Again, nice guy, easy to root for but we already have that.