Raiders place QB Marcus Mariota on IR

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The #Raiders are placing QB Marcus Mariota on Injured Reserve, per @VinnyBonsignore. He’ll miss a minimum of three weeks to start the season. Vegas has Nathan Peterman as the current backup to Derek Carr. They signed Deshone Kizer to the practice squad earlier today.

Any word on what happened?

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raider beat guy:

FYI on Marcus Mariota: I was told a couple weeks ago the injury was not leg related. Reports from @RapSheet of it being a pec strain certainly explain some of the difficulties Mariota was having throwing the ball in camp.

Mariota struggles throwing the ball everywhere, not just in camp. This dude was a total waste of money. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're going to have a ton of cap after moving on from MM, Willians, Joyner, etc. Too bad I don't trust us to put it to good use.

It'll be interesting. We have incentive being in Vegas now so I feel there will be some attraction for FAs to come over since there wasn't much to offer in Oakland. I'm really anxious to see Kwiat play and really hope Abram can stay healthy. He will be a force if he can. Big "if" though. We may be in the QB market after this year as well. I know it's a touchy subject in our camp but it's truly make or break this year.