Week 1 GDT - New Look Patriots host Phins

Deadpulse

5 bold predictions for Dolphins vs. Patriots in Week 1 of the 2020 season

It's time. There might have been some doubt that we'd get here in 2020, but football is officially coming and we should enjoy it while it lasts. 

The up-incoming Dolphins vs the new look, new brand, possibly neutered Patriots. Things to look out for:

- How does Cam Newton look as he learns a new offense and coming off an injury which kept him off the field for over a year?

- How does Gilmore and the defense respond to losing all the pieces to FA and to Covid-19?

- Does Harry connect with Cam and take a step forward or does our WR corp once again rely on Jules and his worn treads?

- Does the Beard continue his hot streak against the Patriots?

- How do the Phins respond to their surge late last year, do they relapse to another slow start or build off of their late success?

- How does the Patriots backfield pan out? Sony? Rex? Does White have the same role with Cam now at the helm?

- Who takes the brass ring on defense outside of Gilmore? Does Chase come up big? Do we finally see Wise or Rivers take a step to relevance? The rookie edge players? How does Bentley respond to being THE LB on the roster? Does Dugger come out of the gate strong and prove he deserved that draft slot?

Revenge. I want revenge, even though the Lion shouldn't care about the opinions of the sheep....:D 

No idea how this plays out. No idea what looks the team go with, how teams play with this weird off-season, how Cam plays, how we cope with only 1 actual LB. The secondary should overcome the MIA receivers (although Gilmore didn't have his best day against Parker), and we know Fitz will come to play.

NE - 24

MIA - 20

Predicting a slow scoring game - a low scoring season if I'm honest. Against teams like the Dolphins, who don't have an explosive ground game, I can see a scoreline of 17-14, but I couldn't tell you who wins. 

I trust the defense to limit most teams, most days, but I just can't see the offense ever putting up too many points barring big days for the run game.

This is no doubt a funny year and I look at it as a glorified preseason to 2021. Here what I want to see.

1. Cam QB for future. Please put the issue to rest.

2. Get rid of players that opted out with Covid.  See if young talent good enough to replace them.  Covid op out, is not the reason I want them gone it future and younger players, cheap

RB Brandon Bolden (July 28)    No need to pay him. Young guys like Gunner and Taylor
OT Marcus Cannon (July 28)     Old, injured should retire,  cap space
S Patrick Chung (July 28)           Old, injured should retire,  cap space
LB Dont'a Hightower (July 28)    Old, injured should retire,  cap space
WR Marqise Lee (August 1)        ????
OG Najee Toran (July 27)             ????
FB Danny Vitale (July 27)             ????
TE Matt LaCosse (August 2)        Are you kidding me.

3. The younger players stepping up. This is a complete overhaul, go young. Set up for 2021. See what we have and what we need in the draft and Free agency. Start replacing 30+ year old     players that will never be here when the Pats head back to the (2/3 years) SB!!!!

4. Ya that's right 2/3 years! 😁😁😁😁

NE: 9

MIA: 21

One TD, missed EP, and a FG as the O-line struggles with cohesiveness and communication, wideouts struggle as the team turns 1 dimensional.  Lots of 3&O's leaving the D gassed.  Fitz does his usual Peyton Manning impression against us in the 2nd half.

Hoping to be wrong.

17 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

NE: 9

MIA: 21

One TD, missed EP, and a FG as the O-line struggles with cohesiveness and communication, wideouts struggle as the team turns 1 dimensional.  Lots of 3&O's leaving the D gassed.  Fitz does his usual Peyton Manning impression against us in the 2nd half.

Hoping to be wrong.

It's depressingly realistic haha! 

I also believe It'll be a sloppy game with the short pre-season and all.

Trying to be optimistc but it could go anyway. To get off the wall I'll say 17-14 Patriots, with at least one touchdown from defence or special teams. 

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!