Potential Trades

xrade

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

I dunno.  JD hoarded cap and picks for 2021 because of the crappy situation the NFL and the team is in.  I can't see him continuing to do so.  If he did, there would be banner's flying over one jets drive on a daily basis.

https://www.ge.com/news/reports/its-official-guinness-world-records-certifies-ge9x-as-the-worlds-most-powerful-jet-engine

I think it can take 1 thousand time the banner you planned to use.  It is good for people with visual impairment.

The guys I highly doubt get moved unless we are blown away with a trade offer is Becton, Q, and Darnold.

Guys I can see being moved.

Joe Flacco - I can see a team that does not have a good back up and saw Dak go down. Lucky for Dallas they have Dalton. I can see a team like the Titans trading a 7th round pick for him or the Raiders. If Carr goes down you have Peterson who should not even be in the league. The Titans have woodside who is not good at all.

Bradley McDougald - He is a good veteran safety that all teams competing need. We know this is a passing league and you need a lot of DB. 6th round pick or 7th round pick.

Chris Herndon - I can see a team throwing a low draft pick for a guy still on his rookie deal. I think a 5th or 6th would be about right. 

Marcus Maye - This is a no brainer. I think he is the most likely to be moved. This would also open up a spot for Davis to play regular. I can see a 3rd or 4th for him.

Frank Gore - RB are getting beat up this year. I think teams really want to carry 4 RB on game day now that they are going down. Gore is old but he does not fumble and can handle pass protection and goal line work. I think a 6th or 7th is about right. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The guys I highly doubt get moved unless we are blown away with a trade offer is Becton, Q, and Darnold.

Guys I can see being moved.

Joe Flacco - I can see a team that does not have a good back up and saw Dak go down. Lucky for Dallas they have Dalton. I can see a team like the Titans trading a 7th round pick for him or the Raiders. If Carr goes down you have Peterson who should not even be in the league. The Titans have woodside who is not good at all.

Bradley McDougald - He is a good veteran safety that all teams competing need. We know this is a passing league and you need a lot of DB. 6th round pick or 7th round pick.

Chris Herndon - I can see a team throwing a low draft pick for a guy still on his rookie deal. I think a 5th or 6th would be about right. 

Marcus Maye - This is a no brainer. I think he is the most likely to be moved. This would also open up a spot for Davis to play regular. I can see a 3rd or 4th for him.

Frank Gore - RB are getting beat up this year. I think teams really want to carry 4 RB on game day now that they are going down. Gore is old but he does not fumble and can handle pass protection and goal line work. I think a 6th or 7th is about right. 

@xrade   Look at Becton.    My bandwagon isn't going anywhere just in case.🤣

Edited by JetsandI

With us cutting Bell and trading McClendon... it would appear we are letting future FAs go and vets as well.

Some things I'd look for us to possibly at the deadline are...

1. Cut Gore. No sense of having a 37 year old RB on a winless team. Perine and Johnson the rest of the way. I think we cut Hogan perhaps too. 

2. Trade a lot of the secondary. Reason being its loaded with pending FAs, so trade them for late rounders while we can. McDougald, Maye, Poole and Desir are all starters that are pending FAs.

3. Try and trade Q for a 1st rounder. If you can't get that, keep him. But we need a rebuild. And Q just isn't making a difference enough to qualify him as not tradable.

4. See what we can get for Crowder. For me it's clear we are going for the #1 pick. So trying to save Darnold seems useless at this stage (I think Darnold isn't the issue FYI). I think a team will give up a mid rounder for him. He's still a really good slot WR that's in his prime.

5. Try and get anything we can for Henry Anderson

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With us cutting Bell and trading McClendon... it would appear we are letting future FAs go and vets as well.

1. Cut Gore. No sense of having a 37 year old RB on a winless team. Perine and Johnson the rest of the way. I think we cut Hogan perhaps too. 

2. Trade a lot of the secondary. Reason being its loaded with pending FAs, so trade them for late rounders while we can. McDougald, Maye, Poole and Desir are all starters that are pending FAs.

3. Try and trade Q for a 1st rounder. If you can't get that, keep him. But we need a rebuild. And Q just isn't making a difference enough to qualify him as not tradable.

4. See what we can get for Crowder. For me it's clear we are going for the #1 pick. So trying to save Darnold seems useless at this stage (I think Darnold isn't the issue FYI). I think a team will give up a mid rounder for him. He's still a really good slot WR that's in his prime.

Agree with most except the Crowder thing.  Regardless of what we do in the offseason, we still need at least one weapon for whoever is under C.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe not cutting Gore.  His role may be reduced heavily in last 8 games because he is coach's boy.

An interesting thought on OTC regarding Kirk Cousins and a potential trade.  https://overthecap.com/what-can-the-vikings-do-with-kirk-cousins/.  In short, the Vikes could "trade" Kirk and a 1st  to the Jets for Darnold.  The negative for the Jets would be Kirks $21M salary.  But the Jets could cut Kirk in 2022 with little to no dead money.

In the end, the Jets get Kirk to start at QB in 2021 for $21M.  The Jets would also get a 1st round pick and if it is a 2021 pick it may very well be top 10.  Vikes get Darnold and cap relief.  The real interesting part is how the Jets would finally get Kirk after they failed in the attempt when he was a FA and Kirk wanted no part of this team back then.

Just now, xrade said:

An interesting thought on OTC regarding Kirk Cousins and a potential trade.  https://overthecap.com/what-can-the-vikings-do-with-kirk-cousins/.  In short, the Vikes could "trade" Kirk and a 1st  to the Jets for Darnold.  The negative for the Jets would be Kirks $21M salary.  But the Jets could cut Kirk in 2022 with little to no dead money.

In the end, the Jets get Kirk to start at QB in 2021 for $21M.  The Jets would also get a 1st round pick and if it is a 2021 pick it may very well be top 10.  Vikes get Darnold and cap relief.  The real interesting part is how the Jets would finally get Kirk after they failed in the attempt when he was a FA and Kirk wanted no part of this team back then.

No thanks

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

If we do that it better be more than just a 1st round pick. Your taking a bad QB with high cap number that has to be on your team for at least 1 year. Then you add the point that Cousins did not want to be here that is a big red flag for me. 

2 minutes ago, TheChad said:

If we trade Crowder, my second favourite current Jet is going to be our punter.

That's pretty sad.

Ya kind of hard to find a player you really like on this team. I have always liked Sam and Crowder but after that there is no one left. Maybe Q?

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya kind of hard to find a player you really like on this team. I have always liked Sam and Crowder but after that there is no one left. Maybe Q?

Hoping Mims shows something to get excited about next week at least. Not too much though, bc we still need to lose

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

Cousins and top 10 pick for just Darnold?   Hell yes.  Cousins isn't going to bring Jets to SB but will be an excellent stopgap for number 1 pick.

I heard that Jets had an offer on the table for Andy Dalton last offseason but Dalton went to Dalls.  Cousins definitely is better choice despite of large salary cap.

Sorry to disappoint us that Vikings won't go for it.