Potential Trades

xrade

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Np matter what year it is, it very hard to trade or get a player without giving up draft picks. And we sure don't want to do that unless it Copper or Jones or even OBJ.

First off we would have to trade draft picks.  I never suggested otherwise.  And yes, under normal circumstances trading for a quality player would cost a quality draft pick.  But look at the 2021 cap situation of some teams.  The Saints will be $74M in the hole.  They have to get rid of some players and do some serious restructuring which is really only kicking the can down the road.  Marshon Lattimore is one of the best CB out there.  He will be 25 next year.  We need a CB as badly as we need a WR and EDGE.  They can release him next year and save $10M with no dead money.  Or they could trade him maybe for a 3rd.  I believe that either way NO has to make some really difficult decisions.  At least this way they get something for him.  I would also consider 26 yr. old Ryan Ramczyk at RT.  Same situation as Lattimore.  I would only offer a 5th for him because it is not as pressing a need for us.  I happen to think Fant is doing OK.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

First off we would have to trade draft picks.  I never suggested otherwise.  And yes, under normal circumstances trading for a quality player would cost a quality draft pick.  But look at the 2021 cap situation of some teams.  The Saints will be $74M in the hole.  They have to get rid of some players and do some serious restructuring which is really only kicking the can down the road.  Marshon Lattimore is one of the best CB out there.  He will be 25 next year.  We need a CB as badly as we need a WR and EDGE.  They can release him next year and save $10M with no dead money.  Or they could trade him maybe for a 3rd.  I believe that either way NO has to make some really difficult decisions.  At least this way they get something for him.  I would also consider 26 yr. old Ryan Ramczyk at RT.  Same situation as Lattimore.  I would only offer a 5th for him because it is not as pressing a need for us.  I happen to think Fant is doing OK.

If we could trade a 3rd for Marshon Lattimore, I'd be giddy!

On 9/25/2020 at 12:42 PM, Bobby816 said:

The only guy I’d really like to see us look into at this stage is Golladay. Odds are DET won’t be in a playoff race. So they might be tempted to get something for him. He’s been injured so he hasn’t been showing he’s this great WRs for them recently. So they might take less in a trade. Doubt it happens. Just a guy to think ahout

I would add Allen Robinson to that.  But neither would I trade a 1st for ... 3rd top. 

12 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I would add Allen Robinson to that.  But neither would I trade a 1st for ... 3rd top. 

Both Golladay and Robinson will be FA after the season.  Det may have some room to resign Golladay, Chicago is in a tougher cap situation and may let him walk.  Of the two, Robinson may be easier to pry away this year with lower market trade compensation.

The whole point of this topic is to identify good players on teams that will be in cap trouble next year.  Then offer below market trade value (in a normal year) to acquire the player.  Going after teams that will be in the red for effective cap space, according to OTC, are the low hanging fruit to target before they are cut or allowed to hit FA

• 3 weeks later...

Quinnen Williams apparently being shopped...it has to be no less than a 1 or you keep him hes still on a rookie deal, a baby, and playing his best ball. Make a team make an offer you cant refuse of this simply makes the least sense.

Jameson Crowder...you would like to get a 3 for him and maybe a conditional day 3 pick. 

Brian Poole 4th rounder fair for one of the best nickle corners in football. 

Marcus Maye give me a 3 right now and say good riddance. He'll be 28. JD is not giving him a 5th year option no chance, oh and hes the worst tackling safety I have ever seen. 

Well likely draft 1 solid player from all these picks but hey...more rounds to fire at the your target. I would try and move as many guys as possible and even try and get slightly higher picks in 2022 with some of the more out of the box guys. I want this team to just take the knee and hope a coach is willing to take on the challenge of essentially recreating a program from scratch. 

The price to trade Q should be close to that of Adams. Call me crazy, I don’t care. He has potential, it’s just not at a position we really need. We need loads of help elsewhere. I’d demand a good 1st and more. If that offer doesn’t come in. You keep him.

But if the Jets trade Crowder I will be irate. 

I know it's a long shot... but I'd be making a call on Michael Thomas if I'm JD. NO is in cap hell. They need to shed like 60 mill in cap space or something crazy like that before next years season. He just got in a fight with a teammate and got benched and apparently had some words with Peyton and other coaches.

Make a damn move JD.

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Quinnen Williams apparently being shopped...it has to be no less than a 1 or you keep him hes still on a rookie deal, a baby, and playing his best ball. Make a team make an offer you cant refuse of this simply makes the least sense.

Jameson Crowder...you would like to get a 3 for him and maybe a conditional day 3 pick. 

Brian Poole 4th rounder fair for one of the best nickle corners in football. 

Marcus Maye give me a 3 right now and say good riddance. He'll be 28. JD is not giving him a 5th year option no chance, oh and hes the worst tackling safety I have ever seen. 

Well likely draft 1 solid player from all these picks but hey...more rounds to fire at the your target. I would try and move as many guys as possible and even try and get slightly higher picks in 2022 with some of the more out of the box guys. I want this team to just take the knee and hope a coach is willing to take on the challenge of essentially recreating a program from scratch. 

If the Jets could get a 1 or more for Q, go for it.  As I stated before, the only player I would hold off trading a 1 is Becton.  That said, I really would like to see what Q can do for this year and beyond.  It is only his second year and regardless what people think about the DT position, it would create a hole that needs to be filled.  You CAN'T ignore the DL.  No real coach would.

Crowder is our best WR and will continue to be our best WR until we get an X and Y.  Trading him for less than a 2nd would be foolish.  Who will fill the slot role, Berrios?  Another hole.

Poole, like Crowder, is also our best CB.  Sad, I know, but it is reality.  He plays the slot CB very well.  Give me nothing less than a 2 or keep him and get or develop some outside CB.  No need to create yet another hole.

Maye agreed.

In the end, a 3rd or 4th round pick will do little to help this franchise in 2021 or, possibly, beyond that will replace the loss of Crowder and Poole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know it's a long shot... but I'd be making a call on Michael Thomas if I'm JD. NO is in cap hell. They need to shed like 60 mill in cap space or something crazy like that before next years season. He just got in a fight with a teammate and got benched and apparently had some words with Peyton and other coaches.

Make a damn move JD.

Interesting thought.  However, a $19M cap hit next year and $20+ until 2024 is a huge hurdle unless, somehow, his cap numbers can be reduced.  His contact runs until his age 31 season.  I just can't envision a scenario where his cap can be reduced AND we do not have to extend him beyond 2024.  Will he really push us into playoff contention at the expense of other holes that need to be filled?  We do have almost $70M in 2021, but to use $19M on one player that will not elevate this team without a lot of other pieces may not be the most prudent option.

I would still love to have him though.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The price to trade Q should be close to that of Adams. Call me crazy, I don’t care. He has potential, it’s just not at a position we really need. We need loads of help elsewhere. I’d demand a good 1st and more. If that offer doesn’t come in. You keep him.

But if the Jets trade Crowder I will be irate. 

Crowder is due to make 11 million next year. It sucks because hes our whole offense but I think he is definitely getting moved. JD wants to hoard cap and draft picks. I just think its almost a certainty he gets moved.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Crowder is due to make 11 million next year. It sucks because hes our whole offense but I think he is definitely getting moved. JD wants to hoard cap and draft picks. I just think its almost a certainty he gets moved.

I dunno.  JD hoarded cap and picks for 2021 because of the crappy situation the NFL and the team is in.  I can't see him continuing to do so.  If he did, there would be banner's flying over one jets drive on a daily basis.

Yeah... better trading Crowder for a mid round pick if there is an offer.   He has been solid FA signed for Jets and will become FA after next season but he will be closer to 30 years old.  That means Jets may only recoup 6th round pick for FA loss if any benefit by math for 2022.   Trading him now considers a better value for JD.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah... better trading Crowder for a mid round pick if there is an offer.   He has been solid FA signed for Jets and will become FA after next season but he will be closer to 30 years old.  That means Jets may only recoup 6th round pick for FA loss if any benefit by math for 2022.   Trading him now considers a better value for JD.

I can see that.  I guess the old saying "it is better to trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late" comes into play here.