NFL General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Season has been a case of repeated missed opportunities and shooting ourselves in the foot. We've had one complete game all season, so it's not like we deserve to be in the playoffs. Injuries obviously hurt us as well, but every team deals with that.

Get Baker healthy. Get some receivers. Retain Clowney. Figure out what to do at tackle. Add another LB and DT would be nice and we should be in good shape next year. Hopefully we'll learn from this disappointing season.

Yep. Last year we could have went further if we had a freaking defense. This year we could have went further if we had a freaking offense. It sucks. 

Next year we get it together? 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I support making business decisions if it’s inconsequential.

Define inconsequential.  We still have a shot at the playoffs.  Like imagine being the coach and telling your team you’re shutting guys down in that situation.

Stefanski would immediately lose the locker room, and deservingly.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Definitely inconsequential.  We still have a shot at the playoffs.  Like imagine being the coach and telling your team you’re shutting guys down in that situation.

Stefanski would immediately lose the locker room, and deservingly.

It’s why I’m rooting for the Chargers.

Just end it.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ask how Tyler Linderbaum and Matt Corral feel about being “competitors” yesterday as they got to watch their money go up in flames.

The tough guy act is for dudes with low self esteem.

Football players play football. Not all that play football are football players. Football players aren't willingly sitting out while their teammates take the field.

Business men play football too. They make business decisions. It's their choice but you can't hate a football player for being a football player just like you can't hate a businessman for making a business decision. It all depends on what drives you, we aren't all the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Last year we could have went further if we had a freaking defense. This year we could have went further if we had a freaking offense. It sucks. 

Next year we get it together? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Or maybe the year after.

I think we are an incredibly inpatient fanbase tbh.  And no, waiting a long time doesn’t make you patient.

Expecting a team to go from historically awful for 2 decades to elite in a year or two is asking a lot lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sorry about that dude. This has been a bad year for football for sure. Extremely disappointing. 

You can always join us in the Cavs thread 😉

I really want to like the NBA, but I just don't. Thanks though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or maybe the year after.

I think we are an incredibly inpatient fanbase tbh.  And no, waiting a long time doesn’t make you patient.

Expecting a team to go from historically awful for 2 decades to elite in a year or two is asking a lot lol.

This. Remember when guys in here said they’d be ecstatic with .500 ball?  Things have changed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. And holy ****, we were afraid of Case Freaking Keenum playing better than him?

giphy.gif

I mean, Keenum is fine.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he played well.

The issue is Baker has put together a few stretches of really great football. He has a really good arm, competitive, etc.  If there’s one dude on this roster who’s gonna be “the man” it’s him.  Not to say he will, but I do think you exhaust that option before looking at career backups and journeymen.

Baker has 19-36 games to make his case.  Nothing is happening before then of any significance I’d imagine. I’m sure it won’t be much of a mystery this time next year what we need to do.