NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Even if leshaun is the 2020 version and also keeps his junk in his pants, I still don’t think what we are doing is remotely conducive to sustainable competitive success. Give most of the teams three or four picks before we pick our first player? Cool philosophy. If Watson was Pat Mahomes, sure. Even if he was what he was a few seasons ago, which I’m not sure he is going to be, he was a part of a five win team because, you know, he didn’t have great players around him.  I’m also not as high on Elijah Moore as the rest of the forum, but that’s another topic. We have completely limited our options on draft day though. And to do that for consecutive seasons like we are doing is just such a bad way to build a roster in my opinion. There’s only so much you can do when your draft starts as late as ours does and everyone else has a head start. 

I mean, we don’t need a lot on the way of high end talent.  We’ve got very good to elite players at tons of positions.  We need depth and the ability to develop day 2/3 players from our coaching staff imo.

And like I said earlier, if we kept the picks and didn’t have leshaun, who’s playing QB that’s gonna have us closer to where we want to be?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we don’t need a lot on the way of high end talent.  We’ve got very good to elite players at tons of positions.  We need depth and the ability to develop day 2/3 players from our coaching staff imo.

And like I said earlier, if we kept the picks and didn’t have leshaun, who’s playing QB that’s gonna have us closer to where we want to be?

I’m not as high on our roster I guess as you are. I don’t see the elite talent across the board, in fact, I see a number of areas where I would say we are less than average at starting spots.  Particular on D. On offense, we have no excuse.

Edited by NateDawg

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not as high on our roster I guess as you are. I don’t see the elite talent across the board, in fact, I see a number of areas where I would say we are less than average at starting spots.  Particular on D. On offense, we have no excuse.

Nice post of the year.

Also this I s the weakest draft sense people like tj fluker were being drafted

In the top 1 0

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

We have an elite pass rusher and elite corners imo and those are the hardest spots to fill.  I think the rest of the defensive starters are closer to meh than poor and were really poorly utilized by Woods.  On top of that I think the previous defensive staff did almost nothing to develop anyone.  No one improved while they were here.  They were the same player or in some cases regressed due to poor deployment by the coaches (imo).

Im honestly curious to see what Schwartz can do with a lot to these dudes.  

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We have an elite pass rusher and elite corners imo and those are the hardest spots to fill.  I think the rest of the defensive starters are closer to meh than poor and were really poorly utilized by Woods.  On top of that I think the previous defensive staff did almost nothing to develop anyone.  No one improved while they were here.  They were the same player or in some cases regressed due to poor deployment by the coaches (imo).

Im honestly curious to see what Schwartz can do with a lot to these dudes.  

Garrett and those cornerbacks I think are definitely good enough to cover up some holes out there. I’ll give you that, we found something there. I would say at linebacker, we are bottom of the NFL. I would say in the middle of our defense in general, I’m not super happy, nor am I happy about the depth on the defensive line or the starter opposite of Garrett. Those are tough positions to build depth, and I don’t see much promise there. I think it’s hard to fill that void the way they are doing things. You see some teams out there that are already good or great upfront and continue to add more talent, because it’s that important. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@NateDawg you keep ducking the question lol

who would be playing QB for us that paired with these picks would have us closer to a competitor?

I feel like there has to be an answer to this before you can say we’re worse off for trading for leshaun (football wise anyway)

I’m not sure, but teams every year figure out quarterback in the off-season, they take swings in the draft, etc. I can’t say who are guy would be, but I think getting Watson and giving up the capital to build a sustainable team around him was a mistake. I don’t think he’s a transcendent player. jmo and hope to be wrong. 

Just now, brownie man said:

I still really like a couple guys

Simpson, Hyatt, Darnell Washington, Drew Sanders, Devon Achane, my guy Byron Young 

Kayshon Boutee too 

Darnell Washington is the one guy who tickles me down under. Based on that, I’m sure one of our AFC rivals will take him.

• Like 2