NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure how Mel Kiper has con’d the world into thinking he is an expert. Is it the Hairgel and smug demeanor? He was just so, so off on how the draft was going to go this year. Like, more than usual.

He just wants to ride off into the sunset

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure how Mel Kiper has con’d the world into thinking he is an expert. Is it the Hairgel and smug demeanor? He was just so, so off on how the draft was going to go this year. Like, more than usual.

He needs to be put out to pasture. There are so many younger guys that do draft analysis now that are so much more informed. 

I'm waiting for a studio to offer Dane Brugler a gig and then you got guys on NFL like Joel Klatt/Daniel Jeremiah 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He needs to be put out to pasture. There are so many younger guys that do draft analysis now that are so much more informed. 

I'm waiting for a studio to offer Dane Brugler a gig and then you got guys on NFL like Joel Klatt/Daniel Jeremiah 

Yeah it feels like he knows not much more about the draft than your hardcore fans. He is not at a professional level with it

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I got more picks right than him in my mock smh 

But also as the draft goes on he's still knowledgeable about prospects 

But yeah his mock was **** 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to use these AI bots? I want to see someone run a script reviewing his big board vs. the actual top prospects and them panning out. If I had to guess he’s about as good as everyone else who cares about the draft. 

Now I watch tons of CFB but I have no idea how to scout players. I could hardly tell you much about the players outside of the top 15 and OSU or the really good B1G players.  

I also don’t get paid tons of money to act like I’m smarter than everyone on this site. 

• Like 1

Even if leshaun is the 2020 version and also keeps his junk in his pants, I still don’t think what we are doing is remotely conducive to sustainable competitive success. Give most of the teams three or four picks before we pick our first player? Cool philosophy. If Watson was Pat Mahomes, sure. Even if he was what he was a few seasons ago, which I’m not sure he is going to be, he was a part of a five win team because, you know, he didn’t have great players around him.  I’m also not as high on Elijah Moore as the rest of the forum, but that’s another topic. We have completely limited our options on draft day though. And to do that for consecutive seasons like we are doing is just such a bad way to build a roster in my opinion. There’s only so much you can do when your draft starts as late as ours does and everyone else has a head start. 

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

Does anyone know how to use these AI bots? I want to see someone run a script reviewing his big board vs. the actual top prospects and them panning out. If I had to guess he’s about as good as everyone else who cares about the draft. 

Now I watch tons of CFB but I have no idea how to scout players. I could hardly tell you much about the players outside of the top 15 and OSU or the really good B1G players.  

I also don’t get paid tons of money to act like I’m smarter than everyone on this site. 

If anyone actually knew what they were talking about they’d likely be running a team’s draft.

And honestly, the most insufferable people are often on THIS SITE in the draft forum.  So many dudes talking absolute nonsense and stating opinion as fact over and over and over again.

@Mind Character 

Oh Jesus, @MWil23 who was the goober that railed on about shin length and other nonsensical ****?  He was the worst lol 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If anyone actually knew what they were talking about they’d likely be running a team’s draft.

And honestly, the most insufferable people are often on THIS SITE in the draft forum.  So many dudes talking absolute nonsense and stating opinion as fact over and over and over again.

@Mind Character 

Oh Jesus, @MWil23 who was the goober that railed on about shin length and other nonsensical ****?  He was the worst lol 

Are you talking about Calhoun Kiper? 

• Like 2