NFL General Discussion

candyman93

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Won’t be different with Chubb. We’re not gonna pay a 30 year old rb. 

Well, we already extended Chubb. He likely won't see another contract with us, but Taylor might not even see a second contract with the Colts.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If the whole NFL is united against the RB value then I’m not sure what leverage these backs think they have “elsewhere.”  

Exactly. Which is all the reason I think the Browns WILL resign Chubb next year. He has no leverage anywhere else and I dont think the Browns will lose a guy like him fighting over 1-2M a season with another team.

Edited by AkronsWitness

You're, not going to win in the NFL today with your offense based around the run game, the run game at this point in the NFL is just a compliment to the passing game, Look at the Titans, their offense is based around Derrick Henry and while they will win some games with that offense it is not sustainable to win in the long run or the playoffs.  Why is it that teams like the Chiefs and Bengals have been the cream of the crop the past few years... their offenses are based around dynamic passing games, where they can be so efficient in quick striking scoring drives that it does not matter if they fall behind 14 points because they always have that capability to get the ball and in 2 minutes put 7 points on the board, this is partially why Mahomes is 14-10 with the best winning percentage when trailing by 10 points.  The days of ground it out football are behind us.  I love Chubb he is imo without question the best back in the NFL but were not going to win a super bowl with him being the emphasis of our offense.  This can also be supported by looking at the money aspect of the NFL which positions are the ones getting paid the most money.... the ones that affect the passing game, on offense it is QB, WR, OT and move TE, On defense it is CB, DE, and Pass Rush DT.  Linebackers, Running back and Run stuffing DT prices are diminishing because the ROI of the position is just not worth committing big time money to.

Edited by Dawgpoun8017

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If your RB is your best player, you’re probably a bad team. Very few exceptions.

And your gm spends 250 million on a 28th ranked qb. 

Plus he has drafted 1 starting wr.

You definitely need more pieces but to say kc could not win 

With chubb,Mahomes,and hill lacks football judgement.

36 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

And your gm spends 250 million on a 28th ranked qb. 

Plus he has drafted 1 starting wr.

You definitely need more pieces but to say kc could not win 

With chubb,Mahomes,and hill lacks football judgement.

Yes Mike

I have to imagine Kansas City would win a lot of games with Mahomes + Chubb + Hill.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yes Mike

I have to imagine Kansas City would win a lot of games with Mahomes + Chubb + Hill.

Your a genius this Samuel adams Boston lager is for you.

Wonder why the rest of the board did not agree.

• Like 3