NFL General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s still funny how he took over a bucs thread and they have no idea how to handle him. 

To be fair, it takes at least half a year to begin to decipher what his nonsense posts mean - give them time.

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

And I get what everyone is saying about resting players but every former player analyst I have read or seen says our starters should play at least the first half because it is so hard to to switch off and then back on winning momentum. Given they are saying that, I will have to disagree with all of you arm chair QBs :) 

26 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

To be fair, it takes at least half a year to begin to decipher what his nonsense posts - give them time.

mayfield had a 98 rating heading into game pretty straight forward 

question 2 if they did not understand me how could they say I was wrong.

tell me what part of first and last do you have problems understanding?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

mayfield had a 98 rating heading into game pretty straight forward 

question 2 if they did not understand me how could they say I was wrong.

tell me what part of first and last do you have problems understanding?

Mike, that is the most coherent thing I have ever seen you post here :) and even if it were not, I have been around long enough to decipher your ramblings so we are all good :) Please, carry on your crusade!

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

And I get what everyone is saying about resting players but every former player analyst I have read or seen says our starters should play at least the first half because it is so hard to to switch off and then back on winning momentum. Given they are saying that, I will have to disagree with all of you arm chair QBs :) 

We beat the 9ers starting PJ after a week off.

Joe Flacco is Joe Flacco after a year off.

Ward missed multiple weeks and came back just fine.

multiple players have missed time and came back just fine.

The whole team isn’t resting, you’ll have half a dozen guys or so sitting, most of which have lingering issues.  

So I just saw the PM jump for a first down. Last year OSU v. UGA the TE essentially did the same thing. I never understood if the refs are going to give you the spot you jumped too, not the area the ball goes over the out of bounds line, why not do that all the time. 

16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Since Baltimore will almost certainly be resting their players next week, Pittsburgh is about to luck themselves into the playoffs once again.

Yep that seems about right, they just win games every year. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Since Baltimore will almost certainly be resting their players next week, Pittsburgh is about to luck themselves into the playoffs once again.

They need Jax to lose as well (they play at Tenn).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

Good. I will gladly take PIT in the playoffs over a team who can move the football. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Tennessee strike me as a team that won’t lay down even though they are well out of contention. Dangerous game for Jax

As it turns out, Pittsburgh has a good shot at making it.

If they beat Baltimore's backups (likely), they only need one of Jax (at Tenn) or Buffalo (at Miami for the division title) to lose.