College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Those guys are always needed IMO especially on base run downs. Guys who are good against the run that could be had in the 3rd or lower:

Tyler Shelvin - Outstanding motor 

Marvin Wilson - Bully inside 

Tommy Togiai - Stud inside, glue to a great run defense 

TJ Slaton - Dog

Khyiris Tonga - underrated

JayTufele dt excellent movement skills 

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, that has to kill his draft stock a good bit.

5’9 was bad enough, but being 2 inches off that is significant.

ehhh I dunno. I feel like there's not much difference between 5'7 and 5'9. His catch radius is going to be supremely small regardless of those two inches. His game isn't about height or high pointing, so the additional 2 inches wouldn't really deter me from drafting him. You're drafting him to be a little gadget player for jets, bubbles, easy RAC opportunities. If you draft him to be your #1 receiver and are trying to line him up as an X receiver, that's not what he was ever going to be, whether he was 5'7 of 5'9.

I hope it does kill his stock all the way to our 2nd round selection. That'd be a home run pick if we could land a DE and Moore in the 2nd.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

ehhh I dunno. I feel like there's not much difference between 5'7 and 5'9. His catch radius is going to be supremely small regardless of those two inches. His game isn't about height or high pointing, so the additional 2 inches wouldn't really deter me from drafting him. You're drafting him to be a little gadget player for jets, bubbles, easy RAC opportunities. If you draft him to be your #1 receiver and are trying to line him up as an X receiver, that's not what he was ever going to be, whether he was 5'7 of 5'9.

I hope it does kill his stock all the way to our 2nd round selection. That'd be a home run pick if we could land a DE and Moore in the 2nd.

I guess what I’m saying he was already considered small and paired with his injury history, durability was already a concerned.  This only adds to that concern.

If he were 5’9 or taller, you could look at guys like Steve Smith or Tyreek Hill as potential comps who succeeded on the outside, but I think you’d struggle to find a comp at 5’7.  5’9 is just about the smallest anyone has played the WR at a reasonably high level.

I’m not one to buy into the idea of an inch or two meaning a ton in most circumstances, but there’s a “normal range“ in the NFL for a reason.

I do think you’re correct in his role, but is an undersized gadget guy with significant durability concerns really a day 1 or 2 pick?  Maybe.  He’s definitely explosive enough.  I mean, just based on his ability I love the kid, but there’s a lot of things he simply can’t or hasn’t done and I just wonder how valuable that makes him to NFL GM’s.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He's horrible in coverage. He can't play safety and almost assuredly has to move to linebacker. He gets toasted playing in the deep secondary and is pretty much limited to being a seam/curl/flat dropper only. I like the player, but he strikes me more as a great college player than an NFL prospect due to a lack of physical traits. He'd be a stud on special teams tho.

• Like 1

If Caleb Farley somehow slips to #26, I don't care if he has his spine surgically removed. We need to take him. Gamble on one of he and Greedy being healthy. If both are healthy, you can literally suffocate every team's passing attack. I could rush opposite Garrett with all that coverage behind me.

22 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

He's horrible in coverage. He can't play safety and almost assuredly has to move to linebacker. He gets toasted playing in the deep secondary and is pretty much limited to being a seam/curl/flat dropper only. I like the player, but he strikes me more as a great college player than an NFL prospect due to a lack of physical traits. He'd be a stud on special teams tho.

I like Hufanga as an LB in our system. I agree that his coverage isn't worth keeping him at safety, especially at his size and tenacity in the box.

Edited by NudeTayne