College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

5 hours ago, zelbell said:

Keep seeing rumors about Micah Parsons dropping in the draft because of off the field concerns

if he lasts until #26, do we pull the trigger? I feel like at that point you take the risk

My answer......:

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 3

I have a feeling, after free agency....and AB does a GREAT job, this is the first draft in a long time, where I dont see us having to draft a starter in round 1.....but I feel like we are about to STOCK the CB cabinet, I think we draft one in the 1rst and 3rd OR 2nd and 4th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have a feeling, after free agency....and AB does a GREAT job, this is the first draft in a long time, where I dont see us having to draft a starter in round 1.....but I feel like we are about to STOCK the CB cabinet, I think we draft one in the 1rst and 3rd OR 2nd and 4th.

I feel the same way. I tend to grab at least two in my mocks. This seems like a good year to do it and we also could use it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I need a twitchy, aggressive LB who can shed blocks and tackle in space. 

That LB who we will drafts at #26 name is _________________

Pick whatever is most valuable at 26. 

Hell trade down, buffer out the defense with 5 picks in the 2nd and 3rd round 

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

As long as the most valuable player at #26 is a LB or DL :)

Don’t be surprised if it’s a corner.

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we double dipped at corner this year. We have a LOT of question marks there.

Ward is great when he plays, but not exactly durable. And potentially in line for an enormous contract.

Greedy is a complete unknown.

Hill is a nearly 30 year old slot corner on a 2 year deal.

The rest are a bunch of UDFA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we double dipped at corner this year. We have a LOT of question marks there.

Ward is great when he plays, but not exactly durable. And potentially in line for an enormous contract.

Good point, as long as the CB has size to him. Im sick of drafting all of these super lean and fragile 'cover corners'. I would like a physical corner even if he doesnt have the speed or whatever that Ward has. Something like Jamel Dean

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Thanks to you I haven’t been posting in hear much lately. You keep taking my thoughts. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well it never hurts to tell everyone how smart I am.

I mean, I’m sure they know, but reinforcement should help the slower ones get up to speed.

"Thanks to you I haven’t been posting in hear much lately. You keep taking my thoughts."

What bonanza actually meant: 285?cb=20150316033721

• Like 1

Jayson Oweh is a ridiculous athlete. Out of all the crazy combine numbers, that one is the least surprising. He plays that fast on the field.

I know people hate his sack production, which is nil, but he gets pressure and plays hard. If we stay put at #26, he would be a good choice assuming the other great CB's and DE's are gone. We could use a run & chase guy to keep Lamar Jackson in check. Plus, I think people undersell him as a pass rusher and act like he's freaking Mingo or something. The dude gets pressures and is physically built to handle NFL offensive lineman. He's pretty solid against the run too, believe it or not.

• Like 1