College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Keep an eye out for Jamin Davis. He’s an absolute stud and a great fit next to Walker. We kind of already have our MIKE and STAR linebackers set with Ronnie Harrison and Anthony Walker/Jacob Phillips. What we need now is a WILL linebacker that can play over guards and hip out & cover based on the offensive formation. Jamin Davis fits that profile more than literally any of the LBs in this class. If we draft a LBer in the 1st or 2nd, this guy might be the apple of our eye. He’s the missing link in our base 4-2-5 defense that Joe Woods loves.

If all the stud CBs and DEs are gone, I’d be happy trading down and targeting this beast. Check his film. He’s a perfect scheme fit for us and an excellent all-around linebacker. 

22 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Keep an eye out for Jamin Davis. He’s an absolute stud and a great fit next to Walker. We kind of already have our MIKE and STAR linebackers set with Ronnie Harrison and Anthony Walker/Jacob Phillips. What we need now is a WILL linebacker that can play over guards and hip out & cover based on the offensive formation. Jamin Davis fits that profile more than literally any of the LBs in this class. If we draft a LBer in the 1st or 2nd, this guy might be the apple of our eye. He’s the missing link in our base 4-2-5 defense that Joe Woods loves.

If all the stud CBs and DEs are gone, I’d be happy trading down and targeting this beast. Check his film. He’s a perfect scheme fit for us and an excellent all-around linebacker. 

I like him but think he could be got in the third. He's on my list.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hmm. I just looked at about ten top-100 and he was only on one (at 85) other than Jeremiah's. It's hard to know. 

Definitely.

I am sure the nerds will have a better read on all the class.

Here is a short but sweet assessment of Davis that closes pointing to his speed:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jamin-davis/hcXD0VJ2yE

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Definitely.

I am sure the nerds will have a better read on all the class.

Here is a short but sweet assessment of Davis that closes pointing to his speed:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jamin-davis/hcXD0VJ2yE

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Well shoot. I mean, someone else can take him mid-first. I'd be alright with him at 59 if he is the top guy on our board. He's a one year wonder 4-3 LB so no way on our first, I'm thinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Well shoot. I mean, someone else can take him mid-first. I'd be alright with him at 59 if he is the top guy on our board. He's a one year wonder 4-3 LB so no way on our first, I'm thinking.

Give him a watch man. He’s a freakin stud muffin. I think he’s deserving of a late 1st round selection. He’s flying under the radar nationally. I initially threw a 7th round grade on him without watching his tape at first. Put the tape on to officially grade him and was left wondering why tf teams aren’t in on him. From what I hear now, they are. 

• Like 2