College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@buno67and @MSURacerDT55 how do you guys feel about Karlaftis? I think he’s a good player, but I think the Browns want H/W/S freaks at DE.

I think he actually fits our FO.

Only 20, played as a freshman and was productive, major conference, etc.

I do think he’ll have to test well (not elite) to warrant a first from this FO.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People said the same thing about Joey Bosa to be fair.

Maybe he’s not super bendy and twitchy, but he’ll likely be a very good player for a long while.

When I watch Hutchinson play, I dont see Joey Bosa tho. Bosa was an absolute monster from the moment he stepped on the field. Still one of the most technically sound players I have ever seen.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with you.

He doesn’t need to test like Myles and Jadeveon (literally nobody will). However, he’s got to be “good.”

I want another 10+ sack guy to take pressure off of Myles.

• Like 2

Just now, buno67 said:

When I watch Hutchinson play, I dont see Joey Bosa tho. Bosa was an absolute monster from the moment he stepped on the field. Still one of the most technically sound players I have ever seen.

I’m not saying he’s as good as Bosa, I don’t think he is either, but it’s not a unique argument for a player who is technically sound.

I know it’s not as exciting as the freak who has a 40 inch vert and runs a 4.5, but solid physical attributes paired with good technique and a high motor will always be a productive combination.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying he’s as good as Bosa, I don’t think he is either, but it’s not a unique argument for a player who is technically sound.

I know it’s not as exciting as the freak who has a 40 inch vert and runs a 4.5, but solid physical attributes paired with good technique and a high motor will always be a productive combination.

Feel like he should have produced more than just his senior year tho

4 hours ago, FGK said:

You gotta watch Treylon Burks and Drake London. IMO they're in that top 4 WR with Wilson and Williams. Olave the top of the 2nd tier.

I remarked on both of them in the wide receiver thread we have. London is Kenny golladay exactly in my mind. Burks is AJ Brown, but he body catches a ton and that worries me. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is a really good draft as a whole, if you don’t need a QB.

I love the depth of the wide receivers and interior linemen on both sides of the ball. The tight ends and running backs aren’t great (not that we need a RB), but there is starting to look like more edge talent than I thought.

37 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I remarked on both of them in the wide receiver thread we have. London is Kenny golladay exactly in my mind. Burks is AJ Brown, but he body catches a ton and that worries me. 

I like Drake but not with us. Not With Baker

Baker needs someone who can create separation. I don't trust him throwing 50/50 balls. He's only been successful when throwing to open guys. Drake doesn't create that separation. 

I'm on the Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, or Treylon Burks first round. Unless we trade down then give me Olave or Dotson. We have to go WR first round unless KT AH or Hamilton is there. 

Drake should go to a team like the Packers with Rodgers who can throw those 50/50 balls with confidence. 

I love this receiver class. We picked a good year to be slotted where we are. Worst case we get Chris Olave who's at worst going to be a solid number 2 receiver. After the first round though there is going to be a drop. We gotta go receiver first round unless someone totally unexpected drops. 

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

Schematically, Burks is the best fit for us.

He’s unselfish, big, physical, and has tremendous hands. He’s just not a burner.

He’s an AJ Brown / Michael Thomas type that will whip your ars and take a slant 50+ yards dragging bodies.

Baker struggles throwing to the shorter guys too. I’d love Burks. Wilson is a stud but his lack of height in this offense with Baker is a slight concern. I love Olave but he has bad analytical output vs press coverage and has a very slight frame.

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don't trust him throwing 50/50 balls.

has baker ever had a WR who can catch 50/50 balls? Our WRs have been pretty bad at going up and winning battles for 50/50battles. Our WRs struggled to make contested catches, so ofcourse he only looks good throwing to open guys, because its the only time our WRs make a play

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Karlatis,Clowney, McDowell, and Myles can I be the defensive coordinator.