College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

So I haven’t watched much college football this year other than Ohio state. Any likely QB’s in the middle of the first?

this is imo a weak QB class, you probably wont see one get picked until somewhere around 10, and none of them moves the needle as to being overtly special

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

this is imo a weak QB class, you probably wont see one get picked until somewhere around 10, and none of them moves the needle as to being overtly special

But that’s the thing with this off-season 

we actually might be able to get a first round qb this year. The top guy may be in a legitimate range to trade up for. Whether it’s Pickett Corrall or Willis you might be to get whoever your guy is. 

I know I don’t want Willis on the Steelers that’s for sure 

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

No idea, buts he’s the best return guy I’ve seen in a LONG time

Still wouldn’t drsft a guy on return ability

On 12/22/2021 at 8:21 PM, candyman93 said:

Question, how high would you draft a Josh Cribbs return man? Marcus Jones out of Houston is a monster.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marcus-jones-houston-2022-nfl-draft

In todays league, not very high. NFL rules have greatly altered the return games. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Even a Devin Hester type?

Feel like the new kickoff rules have ruined the return game. Hester wouldn’t be nearly as good in todays league with those rules.

also I don’t like the idea of using a dudes return ability as a main reason to draft a guy. It’s a great bonus tho. I remember we drafted peppers with one reason was his ability to make plays returning the ball and yet he was a huge disappointment on special teams (correlates to the different return rules college has to the NFL)

• Like 1