College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

Gosh

Dean would be a perfect MIKE LB for us. Imagine blitzing him and JOK.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_Hf1X21Pw

He’s my defensive player 1 who could realistically be there when we pick. I’d prefer a WR, but him and JOK would be lethal together. Imagine big nickel with those 2 and Delpit as your hybrid, or even Nickel with Hill.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Why the Landry hate?

I see no reason to let Landry go. He’s been hurt but when he’s on the field he’s played great besides that one game. 

I definitely think we need receivers but I’m pretty much positive we won’t let’s Landry go. There’s no point 

"Great"? He's been decent at best this season.

I like Landry and appreciate what he's done, but dude is gone unless he takes a drastic pay cut.

And him very arguably being our best receiver this year is a very low bar.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He’s my defensive player 1 who could realistically be there when we pick. I’d prefer a WR, but him and JOK would be lethal together. Imagine big nickel with those 2 and Delpit as your hybrid, or even Nickel with Hill.

This is how I feel. If the wheels come completely off, I want Demarvin Leal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Why the Landry hate?

I see no reason to let Landry go. He’s been hurt but when he’s on the field he’s played great besides that one game. 

I definitely think we need receivers but I’m pretty much positive we won’t let’s Landry go. There’s no point 

To quote a wise man: "He trash".

There's every point to let him go.

12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

To quote a wise man: "He trash".

There's every point to let him go.

Yeah, I don't think Landry is back next year. He is a great locker room leader, and we needed that to change the culture while the young guys were coming up. But it's time for Baker/Myles/Nick/Ward/Bitonio/Tretter etc. to be those guys now. And Landry on field just doesn't do enough to justify his contract. At this point, we need to add like 2-3 good WR's this offseason, because DPJ is a solid #3/4, but I don't trust any other WR on the roster right now to be anything more than a #4/5.

2 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I don't think Landry is back next year. He is a great locker room leader, and we needed that to change the culture while the young guys were coming up. But it's time for Baker/Myles/Nick/Ward/Bitonio/Tretter etc. to be those guys now. And Landry on field just doesn't do enough to justify his contract. At this point, we need to add like 2-3 good WR's this offseason, because DPJ is a solid #3/4, but I don't trust any other WR on the roster right now to be anything more than a #4/5.

Your both talking about drafting or signing in 1 draft then they have done in there entire administration career. 

Pardon me if I put up some pictures on the wall and throw at them.

This administration took a top 5 wide receiver core and drafted it down to 30th.

Furthermore what wide receiver is going to come here when you see what production stefanski got out of Diggs ,obj,and Landry. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Your both talking about drafting or signing in 1 draft then they have done in there entire administration career. 

Pardon me if I put up some pictures on the wall and throw at them.

This administration took a top 5 wide receiver core and drafted it down to 30th.

Furthermore what wide receiver is going to come here when you see what production stefanski got out of Diggs ,obj,and Landry. 

Diggs/Thielen did just fine with him in Minny. Landry wasn't very highly thought of before coming here. And money talks.

I figure we draft a WR rounds 1 or 2, and sign a top 1/2 WR in FA.

13 minutes ago, FGK said:

Diggs/Thielen did just fine with him in Minny. Landry wasn't very highly thought of before coming here. And money talks.

I figure we draft a WR rounds 1 or 2, and sign a top 1/2 WR in FA.

Landry 7 years 7000 yards 

Before stefanski 

Oh well I am on the record to agree with but I totally worried about Berry draft 

Just remember we have gone from 

Drafting 26th to 12 in berry's 3rd draft. 

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Oh well I am on the record to agree with but I totally worried about Berry draft 

Drafting 26th to 12 in berry's 3rd draft. 

Definitely a valid concern. Especially at WR. I think he's drafted well overall, but we haven't seen a big time hit on a WR yet. I mean, DPJ has been solid for his draft position I guess?

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Definitely a valid concern. Especially at WR. I think he's drafted well overall, but we haven't seen a big time hit on a WR yet. I mean, DPJ has been solid for his draft position I guess?

If that comes across as unusually cross I apologize.

stress at work and family

32 minutes ago, FGK said:

My biggest problem with him is that has he even run the entire route tree in

2years?

plus do not get me going on drops with this guy.

• Like 2