College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 11/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, DawgX said:

I'd definitely prefer to sign a proven RT rather than draft one, but I'm gonna guess it depends on how much that tackle would cost since we already have a ton of money tied up into the interior OL. Conklin is making a lot of money as well, but he's gonna be a FA after next season anyway.

Sucks. Conklin was easily one of the best FA acquisitions we've ever made and his career could be over. Feel for the dude.

But yes, drafting a WR high and signing at least an above average receiver is a must.

Going to be interesting 

But

My  1 overall draft pick

Tyler Linderbaum

2nd Evan Neal

3rd Jordan Davis 

4th George karlatis

Cleveland did not run the ball against Ravens 

Wr after seeing obj here plus the drop off in Hooper do you sign here.

Just resign what we have.

I do not know about you guys but Evan Neal pulling across the formation against any linebacker excites me.

Plus he will grade out better at pass protection from day 1 than Conklin. 

Wr I hope they all hit.

Just remember Dorseys 6 all pros are going 

Left obj

Going to leave

Hunt

Landry

And Conklin this is almost 60 percent of are all pros.

Replacement Johnson 58th ranked

Safety.

Hooper

Hill db

-I hope our FO continues to do the smart thing and fill as many holes in FA so that we can go BPA in the draft. I'm not going to lie, I battled with if I wanted Leal and I just don't think he is as excited to stop the run as he is rushing the passer. My guy is Jordan Davis. In order to effectively run our 4-2-5, we must have a front that stops the run. Jordan Davis is an elite physical freak who is a monster inside and has a high motor, he would instantly be the best interior DT we've had since Shaun Rogers, now just imagine him with who we already have, and what it will do for our run defense, our ability to dictate to the offense what they can do and how it will greatly benefits our linebackers as well.

-If we go WR, I know Garrett Wilson will be gone but I would love to get either Drake London or David Bell, both I think have NFL types of skillsets

-Also two guys in the mid rounds who might end up being really good players are DT John Ridgeway (Arkansas) and Travis Jones (UConn)

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-I hope our FO continues to do the smart thing and fills as many holes in FA so that we can go BPA in the draft. I'm not going to lie, I battled with if I wanted Leal and I just don't think he is as excited to stop the run as he is rushing the passer. My guy is Jordan Davis. In order to effectively run our 4-2-5, we must have a front that stops the run. Jordan Davis is an elite physical freak who is a monster inside and has a high motor, he would instantly be the best interior DT we've had since Shaun Rogers, now just imagine him with who we already have, and what it will do for our run defense, our ability to dictate to the offense what they can do and how it will greatly benefits our linebackers as well.

-If we go WR, I know Garrett Wilson will be gone but I would love to get either Drake London or David Bell, both I think have NFL types of skillsets

-Also two guys in the mid rounds who might end up being really good players are DT John Ridgeway (Arkansas) and Travis Jones (UConn)

I agree with you on everything you said. I will not be upset if we pick a WR because it makes sense.

My own personal preference is Demarvin Leal because I think he can be a monster pass rusher inside ala Warren Sapp type.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I agree with you on everything you said. I will not be upset if we pick a WR because it makes sense.

My own personal preference is Demarvin Leal because I think he can be a monster pass rusher inside ala Warren Sapp type.

Trust me, I like the guy pass rushing as well and I get it but if we can't stop the run consistently, we wont have very many opportunities to rush the passer. But then again if we get him, I will be very happy.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, NudeTayne said:

My ideal realistic offseason is something like...

Extend

Denzel Ward - probably highest CB extension ever, ideally done now for that reason.

Clowney - 3yrs/$42-45 mil is probably realistic for a DE.

Cut

Jarvis - makes too much and too big an ego to renegotiate down to where he should be ($5mil) to be worth keeping.

Hooper - post June 1st cut, $3.75mil dead cap, $7.5mil savings. He plays like a league-minimum guy.

Conklin - post June 1st cut, $3mil dead cap, $3 mil saved. I think he's done now with the patellar injury.

Free Agents

Michael Gallup WR - 4/$50 mil

Top DT remaining after comp pick period ends, even if it's just a 1yr prove-it.

Draft

I think we're cooked for the playoffs and end up with pick 15 or so.

1.15 - trade up to 1.12 for 1.15, 4.15 - Garrett Wilson. He's my #1 guy I want us to get and think he goes around 10-15. 

2.15 - Trevor Penning OT Northern Iowa. He might make it here and would be a nice replacement at RT. If he's gone and Darian Kinnard is still there, sign me up.

3.15 Trayvon Walker DT Georgia - I think this is his floor. If he's gone, this draft looks pretty nice at DT. A guy like Wyatt from Georgia would work as well.

4.1 (from Lions 2021 trade) - Ricky Stromberg C Arkansas - Tretter's replacement/insurance for after 2022, 2023 if he needs another year and Tretter plays well enough to be franchised.

5.15 - Joey Porter Jr. CB - It would just be disrespectful to take Joey Porter's son. Hopefully he can do some dirty hits against the Steelers 🤷‍♂️.

6.15 - Isaiah Pola-Mao S/LB USC - would be a flexible player to add to both our safeties and LBs. The nephew of Troy P., he'd be a nice add to the room, maybe even go great at LB.

6.30 - Best-front-seven-available

7.15 - Best-front-seven-available

UDFA - sign a couple punters to battle for the spot.

I do not see Trevor Penning dropping leaving us without a pro caliber rt

and a injured Qb.

does anybody have actual footage of Trevor Penning

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

I do not see Trevor Penning dropping leaving us without a pro caliber rt

and a injured Qb.

does anybody have actual footage of Trevor Penning

I watched him, im not really moved by him, he wasn't really dominant even on the FCS level, he was ok. Not really an athlete, an ok technician. I see round 4-5 developmental guy 

36 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I watched him, im not really moved by him, he wasn't really dominant even on the FCS level, he was ok. Not really an athlete, an ok technician. I see round 4-5 developmental guy 

Interesting But some drafts have him

Going as high as 15.