College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Might be a round 2/3 candidate. I think he runs well in the 40.

Excellent post

Sorry there is going to be a all pro on the board in the 3rd round no way no how. 

That includes that player from Ucla

So starting at the 4th round.

It is tough to call the draft I do not see

The 2 Osu receivers dropping to us now. Neither do I see Burke who lit many pro level dbs.

Where it starts to get interesting is what drops do defensive lineman or or offensive lineman also if a top 10 cb drops due you Take him?

These questions are so interesting that is why  I went defense because we can improve on the line plus maybe save 30,000,000 in salary .

On 11/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, MWil23 said:

If we don’t give Baker everything he can possibly need to be a great quarterback so that we can assess him year 5 then it’s a waste. Go get a ton of receivers and athletes at the skill positions and see if he can be anything more than mediocre.

Really hoping we can just add a MLB and DT in free agency. Use every damn pick on skill position players.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really liking Jameson Williams. Elite speedy deep threat.

😭😭😭😠😡😤

I was amazed that he wasn't really being talked about much before. I was hoping we could get him on the second round--probably a first rounder now. Devonta2.0.

This draft is looking nice for wide receivers. I hope we draft two. 

DPJ

???

Schwartz

Rookie

Rookie

Felton RB/WR

I think Landry and Higgins are gone next season. Do we sign a (top) veteran? How much are we willing to spend?

Edited by NudeTayne

On 11/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, MWil23 said:

If we don’t give Baker everything he can possibly need to be a great quarterback so that we can assess him year 5 then it’s a waste. Go get a ton of receivers and athletes at the skill positions and see if he can be anything more than mediocre.

The offense is built to run the ball. Every offensive lineman we have is better at run blocking than pass protecting. Tretter may be equal. Bitonio above average in pass blocking, Teller average. Wills, below average so far, Conklin average. They are all good run blockers.

There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is what we call on passing downs. Baker is top 3 in air yards per attempt. That should be reserved for pass blocking lines. That ain't us. Run the ball, quick hitters and playaction. We aren't built to run 5 wide. We don't have great receivers for that and more importantly we don't have the pass protection for that. So it doesn't matter if it's Baker or Tom Brady it isn't going to work well unless you face a terrible defensive front.

So no, we don't need to go all in on playmakers. We have Chubb/Hunt and a run blocking line. That should be our identity. Until we build a pass first offense just get guys who know where they are supposed to be do what they are supposed to do, catch the ball.

Call the game like we have Case Keenum starting. Don't expect Baker to make plays because it isn't going to work with our current setup.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The offense is built to run the ball. Every offensive lineman we have is better at run blocking than pass protecting. Tretter may be equal. Bitonio above average in pass blocking, Teller average. Wills, below average so far, Conklin average. They are all good run blockers.

There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is what we call on passing downs. Baker is top 3 in air yards per attempt. That should be reserved for pass blocking lines. That ain't us. Run the ball, quick hitters and playaction. We aren't built to run 5 wide. We don't have great receivers for that and more importantly we don't have the pass protection for that. So it doesn't matter if it's Baker or Tom Brady it isn't going to work well unless you face a terrible defensive front.

So no, we don't need to go all in on playmakers. We have Chubb/Hunt and a run blocking line. That should be our identity. Until we build a pass first offense just get guys who know where they are supposed to be do what they are supposed to do, catch the ball.

Call the game like we have Case Keenum starting. Don't expect Baker to make plays because it isn't going to work with our current setup.

The only offense Baker can work in is RPO.

If you want a “quick hitter” WR, you’d want Garrett Wilson. He whoops dudes *** off the LOS.

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The only offense Baker can work in is RPO.

He’s not good enough presnap and not quick enough with his progressions to do well in that offense. We need to just move on from him and try to make a play for Russell Wilson. Baker isn’t the answer.

• Like 1