College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I disagree

Before the 2000’s, Michigan was traditionally known for their offensive players. OSU was known for defensive players and running backs.

I disagree. Terry Glenn, David Boston, Eddie George, Joey Galloway, Robert Smith, Bobby Hoying, Joe Germaine, Orlando Pace, Korey Stringer…those OSU teams were loaded on both sides of the ball.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Right. Unfortunately you lose credibility when you cite a matchup that is completely backwards to try to prove your argument. 

Got blown out last year in the national championship game. Lost to Clemson the year before. Didn’t even make it in 18 because they lost to Purdue (lol). Can’t trust them at all. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Got blown out last year in the national championship game. Lost to Clemson the year before. Didn’t even make it in 18 because they lost to Purdue (lol). Can’t trust them at all. 

So this is your big game narrative. Beating Clemson and getting to the final 2 last year and getting blown out by one of the best teams we have ever seen. Losing a non-big game to Purdue. And then actually losing one big game in a close one to clemson a couple years ago. And losing to Michigan for the first time in a decade.

I will go ahead and let you take it from here. You’re doing well. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

So this is your big game narrative. Beating Clemson and getting to the final 2 last year and getting blown out by one of the best teams we have ever seen. Losing a non-big game to Purdue. And then actually losing one big game in a close one to clemson a couple years ago. 

I will go ahead and let you take it from here.

How many national champions have they won since 2014?

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How many national champions have they won since 2014?

So you are saying that they have won just one national championship in seven seasons (1 loss to UM in this time) and this means that they can’t win a big game.

Ohio State has 1, Clemson with 2, Bama with 3, LSU with 1. If your narrative is that a couple teams have finished better than Ohio State in recent years, that’s totally fine and I agree with you. You are just making up a story to fit your narrative though and choosing to leave out good wins but citing losses in both big or non-big games. I’m not sure who you root for in college but it’s pretty clear you are just being a troll here. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If that’s the case you can only trust one team in college football and that’s Bama 

LOL

OSU loses 1 time to UM in 16 years, and has now lost exactly 3 times to them since 2000, going 16-3 against them in that timeframe, after winning 8 in a row, and now you should never trust them? Quality stuff here.

@LETSGOBROWNIES this is why I'll never be able to take Scrabble's crown. Dude's just on another tier...he's the GOAT.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

OSU loses 1 time to UM in 16 years, and has now lost exactly 3 times to them since 2000, going 16-3 against them in that timeframe, after winning 8 in a row, and now you should never trust them? Quality stuff here.

@LETSGOBROWNIES this is why I'll never be able to take Scrabble's crown. Dude's just on another tier...he's the GOAT.

Idk man, you were on one last night lol

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk man, you were on one last night lol

I'm a man of my word, and I said I was going to verbally abuse Baker down the stretch to see if I could get him to spark some magic to prove me wrong. It was worth a Hail Mary shot on the off chance that Baker reads the board and has quotes I've posted around his house and it fuels him.

• Like 2