College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He’s not good enough presnap and not quick enough with his progressions to do well in that offense. We need to just move on from him and try to make a play for Russell Wilson. Baker isn’t the answer.

You’re right. I don’t know what offense he could actually do well in. What mythological offense can work with a QB who can’t make reads?

He’d be a ish show in a air raid pass heavy offense. It’d be Freddie 2.0.

If the front office extends Baker, I almost question drafting WRs. It’d be like putting $50,000 rims on a Prius. We’re gonna have to treat him like a Dilfer / Johnson.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right. I don’t know what offense he could actually do well in. What mythological offense can work with a QB who can’t make reads?

He’d be a ish show in a air raid pass heavy offense. It’d be Freddie 2.0.

Freddie ran a heavy RPO scheme in 2019 and that’s when we saw Baker double clutch because he didn’t read the defense or was slow on the read and missed the give on that RPO.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the front office extends Baker, I almost question drafting WRs. It’d be like putting $50,000 rims on a Prius. We’re gonna have to treat him like a Dilfer / Johnson.

Nah it’ll be great for evaluating just how awful he is. He’s terrible.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Baker needs an elite OL, running game, offensive coach, and weapons to not suck. Let’s all take a step back and evaluate what the common denominator is, aside from how utterly insecure he is after going after the fans this past week. 

He just needs to not play Mahomes

The rest of the Afc he is good enough to beat with 1 arm

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I was really impressed by David Ojabo. I think he’s better than Kwitty Paye and could be available to us.

Think he might be a product of Aidan Hutchinson. Now that is a guy I want. I’m never a fan of Michigan defender but he impresses me a lot. Also Kwity was massively overrated. Hutchinson is the guy you want from that defense IMO. He might be my ideal Defensive guy in this draft after Davis from Georgia 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Think he might be a product of Aidan Hutchinson. Now that is a guy I want. I’m never a fan of Michigan defender but he impresses me a lot

He looks like a TJ Watt coming off the edge.  high motor guy/ with violent hands

I don't think you even sniff him, unless you are drafting top 10.

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

He looks like a TJ Watt coming off the edge.  high motor guy/ with violent hands

I don't think you even sniff him, unless you are drafting top 10.

Yeah what he did yesterday is going to lock him into the top10 unless he test god awful which I doubt. 

You know what, I wouldn’t even mind the browns look at Michigan’s DC. Plenty of experience coaching with the Ravens and he completely transformed that Michigan defense. Get a young stud DC for the browns and greatly screw up Michigan. Win win

• Like 2

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Think he might be a product of Aidan Hutchinson. Now that is a guy I want. I’m never a fan of Michigan defender but he impresses me a lot. Also Kwity was massively overrated. Hutchinson is the guy you want from that defense IMO. He might be my ideal Defensive guy in this draft after Davis from Georgia 

It really is hard to evaluate Njabo, short track record and all of it coming during Hutchinson's peak performance this year. 

Hutchison is gonna be a top 5-6 pick.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I disagree

Before the 2000’s, Michigan was traditionally known for their offensive players. OSU was known for defensive players and running backs.

True but being a blue blood like that they would have gotten one stud pass rusher. Like someone like Vernon gholston to have a great season