College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Schematically, Burks is the best fit for us.

He’s unselfish, big, physical, and has tremendous hands. He’s just not a burner.

He’s an AJ Brown / Michael Thomas type that will whip your ars and take a slant 50+ yards dragging bodies.

I disagree with this big time. Stefanski was comfortable with a Diggs-like player already on his roster. Garrett Wilson is far and away the best fit for the offense.

Everybody else works, but Garrett Wilson has to be the clear #1 target since DPJ is a lot closer to the Thielen mold. Jameson Williams is probably the next best fit, with Olave following, but Burks and London are definitely the least scheme favored selections. 

- People forget that we need a replacement for Malik Jackson, dude is washed

- NGL, I am really falling in love with the idea of JOK and Nakobe Dean in the middle. Dean has really sold me with his impact play on the big stage

- We could get a WR in FA and Draft a guy like David Bell, George Pickens or Justyn Ross in the 2nd

• Like 3

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Certainly a relevant website at this point. We are in at 13. 

We are going to lose to the Bengals next week, who are hungry for a first round bye. Washington plays the Giants and is likely to win. 
Minnesota plays Chicago. Denver will lose to KC. Atlanta could beat the Saints but likely loses.
After next week I think we will be somewhere around 11.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We are going to lose to the Bengals next week, who are hungry for a first round bye. Washington plays the Giants and is likely to win. 
Minnesota plays Chicago. Denver will lose to KC. Atlanta could beat the Saints but likely loses.

I will be sick to my stomach if Cincy some how ends up with the 1st seed

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

This is depressing to talk about given the expectations and state of our roster. That said, I may no vested interest in Sundays game after last nights complete embarrassment on offense and this seasons woeful offensive performance.

We cannot possibly go defense round 1 in good conscience or do classic Browns things and draft an offensive lineman of the future.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

We cannot possibly go defense round 1 in good conscience or do classic Browns things and draft an offensive lineman of the future.

I think defense R1 is still on the table, it just depends on what they do in FA and the rest of the draft.

if for example they grab an impact defender R1 and come back and grab a WR R2 a tackle R3 (if Conklin is done) and then double dip at WR in R4 I think we improve a lot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Disagree strongly

This is an extremely deep WR class.

You're entitled to your opinion. If we re-sign Clowney and extend Ward, I don't see a need to grab a guy who may or may not help a Top 5 defense in the NFL at this juncture, unless that guy is an uber talented MLB or an immediate impact player DT who has the ability to rush the passer and push the interior.

I don't want to hear any excuse making or crying if we go defense R1 and don't get an elite WR/playmaker on the outside when we try to run it all back next year, while likely cutting Landry who is the only capable WR on our roster as far as chemistry with Baker goes.

Those WR are going to go quick in this "deep class", and we're going to have to settle for a guy who is a #2 type in Bell from Purdue and then wonder why he's not a game breaker in the NFL.

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think defense R1 is still on the table, it just depends on what they do in FA and the rest of the draft.

if for example they grab an impact defender R1 and come back and grab a WR R2 a tackle R3 (if Conklin is done) and then double dip at WR in R4 I think we improve a lot.

Maybe, but I personally don't think that deep class = someone falling. In today's NFL, most capable teams treat the WR position like teams should treat CBs. You can never have too many weapons on the outside. Look at teams like the Cowboys, Bengals, Cardinals, Chiefs, etc. 

Sure, maybe they find a gem in R2 or later, but I just don't want to bank on it unless they grab a stud in free agency.

If they sign some stud WR in free agency and bring some immediate legitimacy to the group, I'll change my tune, but until then, I've seen enough of this offense passing game to last a lifetime. It's nothing short of absolutely awful and nowhere near NFL caliber regardless of injuries.

Just now, MWil23 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. If we re-sign Clowney and extend Ward, I don't see a need to grab a guy who may or may not help a Top 5 defense in the NFL at this juncture, unless that guy is an uber talented MLB or an immediate impact player DT who has the ability to rush the passer and push the interior.

I don't want to hear any excuse making or crying if we go defense R1 and don't get an elite WR/playmaker on the outside when we try to run it all back next year, while likely cutting Landry who is the only capable WR on our roster as far as chemistry with Baker goes.

Those WR are going to go quick in this "deep class", and we're going to have to settle for a guy who is a #2 type in Bell from Purdue and then wonder why he's not a game breaker in the NFL.

I mean, we can draft a game breaker, but you’re putting $50,000 rims on a Prius. Baker probably won’t be able to get that guy the ball.

I’m cool with WR, but I personally want Nakobe Dean if we end up close to 10. Obviously we have to see what happens next week, but he’s the guy I’ve sold myself on.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I mean, we can draft a game breaker, but you’re putting $50,000 rims on a Prius. Baker probably won’t be able to get that guy the ball.

Or you load up the roster for the next guy who takes over since you likely won't have any draft capital whatsoever when you either trade for a franchise QB or trade for an elite prospect.

If you have all of the pieces on offense in place except for the QB, you have setup that next guy for success and can turn into an instant contender.

I understood that analogy back when we didn't have a Franchise QB AND our defense sucked, but we have a Top 5 unit, a top 5 running game, a very good offensive line, and dumpster fire receivers and QB play.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m cool with WR, but I personally want Nakobe Dean if we end up close to 10. Obviously we have to see what happens next week, but he’s the guy I’ve sold myself on.

I like Dean, but I like the kid from PSU and Alabama as well as R2 prospects. If we get Dean so be it, but I want a WR with some elite athleticism after R1.