College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Him wanting to throw it more. Just go trips and tell Baker “good luck” because he still can’t read a defense.

Oh yeah if he wants to throw it more and isn't then he can go walking. Don't throw 3 INT's in 17 attempts vs. Green Bay. We saw what volume throws did back in 2019 IMO.

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh yeah if he wants to throw it more and isn't then he can go walking. Don't throw 3 INT's in 17 attempts vs. Green Bay. We saw what volume throws did back in 2019 IMO.

Yeah I’m not on board with that. 

Like I tell my boys, just eat what’s on your plate before you worry about getting more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Justyn Ross wide receiver clemson

highlights look at him toast Alabama last year 

another won down

He seems to be mocked in the third round most often, based on the serious injury. If our medical team sees him as likely having a long, healthy career then I'm running to grab him there. He was a clear first round guy before the injury and has rare size/speed/talent at WR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

He seems to be mocked in the third round most often, based on the serious injury. If our medical team sees him as likely having a long, healthy career then I'm running to grab him there. He was a clear first round guy before the injury and has rare size/speed/talent at WR.

I’d love an elite prospect R1 then to target a slider like Ross or Metchie R3 or later. 

After my extensive film study (watching some highlights obv) I like Ross.

He’s exactly the type of dude we need.  Big, looks reasonably fast, and what stood out to me the most is makes tough/contested catches and fights for yards.  Definitely not one to go down with some BS arm tackle.

Looks like a lot of stuff that actually projects well to the NFL, not just some dude running wide open because of scheme and/or subpar opponents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After my extensive film study (watching some highlights obv) I like Ross.

He’s exactly the type of dude we need.  Big, looks reasonably fast, and what stood out to me the most is makes tough/contested catches and fights for yards.  Definitely not one to go down with some BS arm tackle.

Looks like a lot of stuff that actually projects well to the NFL, not just some dude running wide open because of scheme and/or subpar opponents.

I like Burks and Garrett Wilson both as R1 prospects, with Williams having some boom or bust stuff for me (too much of a body catcher/drop liability with some past work ethic concerns that he may or may not have turned around).

Olave I think is an NFL #2 who alarmingly struggles vs. press coverage and will need to overcome some frame limitations.

I like Metchie in R3 if he declares coming off of an ACL injury, and I like Ross in R3 despite the medical since R3 I'm a firm believer in taking risky shots.

The huge kid from USC (London?) intrigues me.

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

But between him and metchie you understand why I went line first

I’d be great with an elite wide receiver in the first round and then a high upside guy in the fourth round-ish. Some of these guys that have been injured are going to slide because of the sure thing depth at the top this season. And obviously you sign somebody that can at least be a number 2-3 type of guy through free agency. You can’t monopolize the draft at the position but I think you pretty much have no choice but to draft a couple guys this season. More than anything you have to find out what you have in Mayfield and at least set him up for success. Aside from the fact that the position is not in a good place right now as it is.

• Like 2

It’s official, we pick 13th.

I want a WR unless a guy like David Ojabo / Demarvin Leal puts up Clowney / Myles type of combine numbers that’s so unearthly that you can’t pass on them.

We won’t get Dean, so I won’t even entertain it.

Edited by candyman93

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s official, we pick 13th.

I want a WR unless a guy like David Ojabo / Demarvin Leal puts up Clowney / Myles type of combine numbers that’s so unearthly that you can’t pass on them.

We won’t get Dean, so I won’t even entertain it.

Could with a trade up.