College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Read where Conklin's agent said Conklin is doing well in rehab and should be ready for opening season.  Good news.

I don't know what else his agent would say--call me suspect about him recovering that quickly from a ruptured patellar--but if true then this would be big. 

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

But you had him as a top-10 pick before (?) and he wasn't injured. Is that wishful thinking or what you really think would happen? Why wouldn't he go in the first if he's arguably the best edge in the draft?

NFL teams don't tolerate certain allegations regardless of if he innocent or not, I think they view him as tainted. He is a top 10 talent but some teams don't want to be associated with anything (or anyone) that would put them in a negative light. 

Also, there are some smart teams who actually love him and can tolerate what he supposedly did as long as he has a plan to become better and get him at a discounted rate knowing they normally would have paid a premium price for him.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Or Cameron Thomas?

Also let me introduce another Edge Defender to you guy's......I saw this kid last year, when scouting another Kid....Jordan Smith from UAB (Jags drafted him...if they take one of those 2 DE's to pair with Josh Allen (no relation lol) and now this kid has had a year to sit...Jax will get to the QB NEXT season).....but his running mate at UAB (university of Alabama Birmingham) Kid named Alex Wright 6'7 270...I like Smith (6'6 258lbs) a little better as a passrusher, but this kid is good too.....check him out...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Also let me introduce another Edge Defender to you guy's......I saw this kid last year, when scouting another Kid....Jordan Smith from UAB (Jags drafted him...if they take one of those 2 DE's to pair with Josh Allen (no relation lol) and now this kid has had a year to sit...Jax will get to the QB NEXT season).....but his running mate at UAB (university of Alabama Birmingham) Kid named Alex Wright 6'7 270...I like Smith (6'6 258lbs) a little better as a passrusher, but this kid is good too.....check him out...

excellent draft for drafting multiple 1 wide receivers 

then drafting edge hopefully getting a stud edge

Edited by mtmmike
Left out
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't know what else his agent would say--call me suspect about him recovering that quickly from a ruptured patellar--but if true then this would be big. 

we are going to know pretty easy if they draft tackle early.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Later round guy to keep an eye on

”Browns have shown interest in small but speedy Memphis wideout Calvin Austin III at the Senior Bowl”

I'm saying it now. Schwartz might not be guaranteed to make the roster next year. If we bring in 3-4 receivers he may not make it. I don't think he's got it man. Guy like CAIII actually runs routes. Schwartz better learn how to return punts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I'm saying it now. Schwartz might not be guaranteed to make the roster next year. If we bring in 3-4 receivers he may not make it. I don't think he's got it man. Guy like CAIII actually runs routes. Schwartz better learn how to return punts. 

Schwartz will make the roster. GMs don’t get rid of their guys and I guarantee their thought process is “Eh, he’s worth keeping as the 5th WR.” You may disagree, but it’s what’s going to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Schwartz will make the roster. GMs don’t get rid of their guys and I guarantee their thought process is “Eh, he’s worth keeping as the 5th WR.” You may disagree, but it’s what’s going to happen.

I generally agree with this, especially with this FO who does seem to hold on to their dudes.

That said, brownie man ain’t wrong (that wasn’t a typo) in the sense of he’d better get his arse in gear and learn to run routes and learn how to finish routes and compete for the ball.  His efforts and contributions last season didn’t warrant a roster spot tbh.

We had arguably the worst group of receivers in the league and I’m not sure there was anyone in the roster who showed less ability. I saw more from guys like Bradley and Felton than I did Schwartz.