College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Name a team that can beat Kansas City running the ball

Cincinatti beats them by passing

Name a team that beats them passing the ball lol

They’ve been to 3 of the last 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them.  Sure you may catch them on an off day or whatever, but you’re trying to win playing their game.

I’d rather they stay balanced and just have an absurdly efficient offense.  Elite ground game and top 5-10 passing game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

3 years ago when playing regularly and not knowing he was a serial predator out for cash? Yeah for sure

The serial predator part has nothing to do with his ability on the field. Obv not dismissing it, but as it relates to his ability to play football it’s irrelevant.

What players aren’t out for cash?  It’s their job lol.

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

There is no set way to win in the NFL. We have seen absolute bleh QBs in the Super Bowl & we will see it again. 

This. Build your own identity. Trying to copy the Chiefs is a mistake because Mahomes is by far the best QB in the league and Reid is one of the best head coaches of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

This. Build your own identity. Trying to copy the Chiefs is a mistake because Mahomes is by far the best QB in the league and Reid is one of the best head coaches of all time.

This is my whole thing.  Find what you do well and build upon it.  Make teams adjust to how you play.

Offensively we should be very balanced and lean on the run game more than most top offenses just due to personnel.  That said, we need to be efficient in the pass game and absolutely need more explosiveness.

• Like 2

I’m not anti-passing at all, clearly that’s the direction of the league with the rules.

I still maintain that having a dominant OL and run game when combined with solid and efficient passing and the ability to execute a 2 minute offense is still super important.

Limiting the possessions that Burrow, Mahomes, and others are going to get is best done through balance and having those things at your disposal.

Baker flat couldn’t play in the fourth quarter or off of anything that wasn’t play action. I’m not advocating going back to that, nor do I think we should be dropping back 40+ times in a game very often. There’s a middle ground here.

• Like 2

Watson and Stefanski need to Watson ready to run his offense too, not just adjust to Watson.

We all said it, this run game could be stupid good with Watson when we’re running wide zone plays if we’re able to pair it with a capable bootleg game from Watson. The threat of Watson keeping the ball will put a lot of stress on the back side of the defense and should allow for some nice holes for Chord (is this a thing yet?).

Give Watson those easy throws you gave Baker and let him get rolling. From there mix in more of the spread stuff as needed based on down/distance.

• Like 2