College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

49 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We're agreeing on everything except the 6 WR's going in the 1st round. I'll give you my wife if 6 WR's go in R1.

THAT MAN's ALL IN on The BET!!! LOL

But I would be SHOCKED if 6 of these WR's go in round 1...6 might in the first 2 rounds...I think you got the kid from TCU goes high in round 2....and then I think a run on WR's starts end of round 2/early round 3...

Edited by DaWg_LB.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Great/Elite athlete projected to go ~260-270 overall. Hard not to like it in the 7th.

He needs a LOT of work. But if he really does go in the 7th, that’s a great pick. Plays way slower than his times because he has zero understanding how to run routes.

If we all hate Schwartz so much (I don’t), not sure what would intrigue us about Iosivas. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He needs a LOT of work. But if he really does go in the 7th, that’s a great pick. Plays way slower than his times because he has zero understanding how to run routes.

If we all hate Schwartz so much (I don’t), not sure what would intrigue us about Iosivas. 

Like I said in an earlier post, we "hate" Schwartz so much because he was taken 3-4 rounds too high, which isn't his fault. If he was a mid to late D3 pick, we'd have been excited to get a track guy and hope he learns how to play football as opposed to taking a guy in a round where you expect immediate contribution as a role player at worst.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Like I said in an earlier post, we "hate" Schwartz so much because he was taken 3-4 rounds too high, which isn't his fault. If he was a mid to late D3 pick, we'd have been excited to get a track guy and hope he learns how to play football as opposed to taking a guy in a round where you expect immediate contribution as a role player at worst.

Well yeah. But if we bring in another WR, it’s to replace Schwartz. Iosivas is actually older than Schwartz & has the same warts.

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion we end up with Zaach Pickens on draft day. Great athlete, great character, but wildly inconsistent. Seems like the kinds of guys we take, especially for IDL. I wouldn’t mind him, as I think he is one of the rare later round guys that could become an elite 3-tech. He’s not crazy dissimilar to Chris Jones. If he were 21 years old, Berry might trade the whole draft for him. 

Andrew Berry’s PREDICTIVE Mock:

3rd: Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma

3rd: Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina

4th: Jartavius Martin FS/CB Illinois

4th: Kendre Miller RB TCU

5th: Kei’Trel Clark CB Louisville

5th: Nick Herbig DE Wisconsin

6th: Jake Witt OT Northern Michigan

7th: Davis Allen TE Clemson

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I have a sneaking suspicion we end up with Zaach Pickens on draft day. Great athlete, great character, but wildly inconsistent. Seems like the kinds of guys we take, especially for IDL. I wouldn’t mind him, as I think he is one of the rare later round guys that could become an elite 3-tech. He’s not crazy dissimilar to Chris Jones. If he were 21 years old, Berry might trade the whole draft for him. 

you spelled Gervon Dexter funny

• Like 1