College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we can somehow land Yannick after this off-season I'd be absolutely pumped. He's not great against the run, but he knows how to get after it and rush the passer, something we're definitely lacking. He'd be ideal as a 50% type snap guy and then you kick an Alex Wright inside on longer yardage situations.

Just now, MWil23 said:

If we can somehow land Yannick after this off-season I'd be absolutely pumped. He's not great against the run, but he knows how to get after it and rush the passer, something we're definitely lacking. He'd be ideal as a 50% type snap guy and then you kick an Alex Wright inside on longer yardage situations.

Yannick or Iaonnidis  

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That would be really nice If we could pull something like this off and not have to run him in the ground. Him and Obo could be like co-starters and could be on the field together in certain packages.

• Like 1

The bridge is burnt down, but there would seem to be a mutual benefit if Clowney were to play another year in Cleveland. He would be a decent starter and be supplemented by Obo since he’s bound to miss time. And he would have a good group around him. Which is apparently something he doesn’t want, because he wants to be the featured pass rusher. Imo he cut off his nose to spite his face because I’m not sure he’ll end up in a better spot elsewhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The bridge is burnt down, but there would seem to be a mutual benefit if Clowney were to play another year in Cleveland. He would be a decent starter and be supplemented by Obo since he’s bound to miss time. And he would have a good group around him. Which is apparently something he doesn’t want, because he wants to be the featured pass rusher. Imo he cut off his nose to spite his face because I’m not sure he’ll end up in a better spot elsewhere. 

And the wide 9 fits him so well.  Dude should have stfu and waited to see how things played out with Woods.

At this point I’d roll with the youngsters before entertaining making a deal with Clowney.

I do think he had a legitimate beef with how he was used, I think the whole DL does, but you can’t refuse to go in on run downs, air dirty laundry to the media, and throw a teammate and the organization under the bus.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

menon-teams-that-spent-the-highest-perce

Browns, Chiefs, and Vikings spent the most draft capital on premium positions (QB, WR, OT, DE, IDL, and CB). 

Some posters might have a stroke over this.

Are they including the first and second we spent on Watson and Moore in this?  I’m assuming it doesn’t say..

Don’t worry, I have full confidence that Phillips and Taki will be able to cover Mark Andrews and the Lamar Jackson QB sweep this time! If at first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. time you fail, try, try again (the same way)! 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@NateDawg @MWil23 and @sdrawkcab321 are too busy watching old highlights of linebackers taking on fullbacks on iso plays to see this ;) 

Too busy watching every season since 1999 where our dudes get absolutely destroyed against the run

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/cleveland-browns-run-defense-stefanksi-ats-record/

browns-rush-defense-bad-e1671227415289-1

So I thought I'd just do everyone a favor and go back since 2017 as opposed to 1999.

I don't want to hear any more griping from the "AB gets it Linebackers aren't a priority" crowd or people blaming scheme if/when we get stomped on again this year in that department.

Don't get me wrong, just about anything will be better than 2022 and an improvement, but that doesn't make it "good" either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Too busy watching every season since 1999 where our dudes get absolutely destroyed against the run

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/cleveland-browns-run-defense-stefanksi-ats-record/

browns-rush-defense-bad-e1671227415289-1

So I thought I'd just do everyone a favor and go back since 2017 as opposed to 1999.

I don't want to hear any more griping from the "AB gets it Linebackers aren't a priority" crowd or people blaming scheme if/when we get stomped on again this year in that department.

Don't get me wrong, just about anything will be better than 2022 and an improvement, but that doesn't make it "good" either.

Part of that number though is the fact we sucked in general and teams were killing the clock in the 4th.

If we’re up and teams need to pass to win, that helps our run defense statistically even if it’s entirely unrelated to how well we stop the run.  This is what our FO is banking on to a large degree.