College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, Navy said:

Don't have any gut feeling for Day. Tons of talent - Not impressive 

He just doesn’t have resiliency or toughness to get the job done.

It’s crazy, but for the first time in my life I can honestly say the Browns and Buckeyes are on 2 completely different trajectories. This year was their crossroads moment.

You would have laughed if I said this a year ago.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You watched the Browns defense last year, no?

It’s one thing in the NFL where the difference between a pro bowler at S and UDFA like Hickman isn’t as big of a difference as a 5 star vs a 3 star where talent alone despite schemes can still win games though 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Ohio proved they didn’t deserve to be in the top four while Georgia proved they absolutely should be 

Not saying they deserved it but that wasn’t the team that shows up in the playoff. 

Though UGA probably deserved it more than Washington and Texas

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Ohio proved they didn’t deserve to be in the top four while Georgia proved they absolutely should be 

cant really say that, when it wasnt the same OSU team that played the entire regular season. They had a lot of depth enter the portal and had a couple key players like McCord and Chip transfer as well. Day also suspended the starting center from the game, which is fine cause its a meaningless bowl game but if it was a playoff game, he gets his punishment after it

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

cant really say that, when it wasnt the same OSU team that played the entire regular season. They had a lot of depth enter the portal and had a couple key players like McCord and Chip transfer as well. Day also suspended the starting center from the game, which is fine cause its a meaningless bowl game but if it was a playoff game, he gets his punishment after it

Completely disagree about the game being meaningless.

No such thing as a meaningless game against a top 10 opponent on the national stage when it comes to recruits.

Doesnt matter what happened earlier this year when his teams craps the bed in their final 2 games.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:43 PM, NateDawg said:

Fire the OL coach into the sun.

Idk about that, we still feel a lot of Studrawa impact on this team. IMO it felt like when all that crap with Urban went down that Studrawa lost a lot of motivation, he was not good the last season or 2 at OSU and recruiting rise was a part of that. The depth for the OL this past season was absolute garbage because of that. I think OSU offensive line group maybe has 4 upperclassmen altogether. With Hinzman being held out you would think the 6th yr senior who was sliding over to center would be better but Jones was absolute cheeks in that game. Vahami (sp?) a 5th-year player with another year to play, who was viewed as the starting RG candidate for next year, was just as bad as jones. Jackson has been one of the bigger disappointed 5 star recruits in some time. He looked promising in '22 season but I just believe he was covered up by Wypler and Johnson. He was projected as a future NFL LT by recruiting services. Guy played LG in '22 because of Johnson. You would assume he would just bump out once Paris left. They tried in the spring and the dude couldnt do it. They knew they were screwed at LT and had to scramble and got Simmons, who still wasnt great but was better than Jackson. Jackson, playing the easiest position along the offensive line, still greatly struggled. He looked pretty bad in that bowl game. He was also the guy who couldnt handle the twist stunt in the Michigan, that lead to the game ending INT by Mccord.

Recruiting-wise, I have liked what he has done. In 2 years he has brought in 10 new guys: 8 recruits and 2 transfers.  one transfer has already left because he got beat out by Hinzman (If I remember correctly). I think he has a total of 2 4* and the rest of them are 3* but I dont think the * rating does those 3* guys any justice. ( also depends on what site you go to ) For example the Armstrong twins from Eds. those guys are studs and have everything you want in OL recruits, with size, athletic ability, and resume. Next year should be a very good recruiting class for them. Carter Lowe, a Tackle from the Toledo area is viewed as one of the best tackles in the nation, he should be landed. Massillon has a tackle prospect who is leaning towards OSU which should be highly recruited. He is a TE convert, so he is pretty athletic but raw at the position, he should blow up on the camp circuit this year. I havent heard too much about other targets for the line next class.

The only coach I am on board to firing is Flemming.