College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nick Chubb aside I think Running back is a position that I think this team is going to need to address, Ford was decent but I believe he is a complimentary piece in the NFL, I don't think he can shoulder the load as a feature back to be and these are some guy I think could be helpful to this team

Trey Benson- Florida State

Audric Estime-Notre Dame

Blake Corum-Michigan

Isaac Guerendo- Louisville

Marshawn Lloyd-USC

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 2

Wide Receiver is another position on offense that needs to be addressed as well, I don't think we need to target a wide receiver with a specific physical trait (taller) i think that we need to focus more on wide receivers with specific skill traits (separation skill, make the catch to move the chain, YAC) basically someone who is a reliable WR that can take some weight off Amari's shoulders.

Ladd McConkey- Georgia

Roman Wilson-Michigan

Xavier Worthy-Texas 

Malik Washington-Virgina

Ja'Lynn Polk- Washington

Adonai Mitchell-Texas

Malachi Corley-Western Kentucky

Taj Washington-USC

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 3

There are also questions with defense like do we pick up Greg Newsome's option or extend him knowing that were gonna have to pay MJ at some point, as of right now the only DT we have on the roster are Tomlinson and Ika (bring back Mo Hurst)  I am of the belief we are going to let walker go but possibly bring back Taki on a friendly deal.

Renardo Green-CB Florida State

Adisa Issac-DE- Penn State

Jeremiah Trotter Jr- LB- Clemson

Payton Wilson- LB- NC State

Mohamad Kamara-DE- Colorado State

Junior Colson-LB- Michigan

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 1

I think the Majority of us are also off the Jed Wills train and feel like we need to look for our future at LT, I'm not sure I wanna try and move Dawand over to LT because I think he can be an All Pro at RT.  I know we lost Bill Callahan but I like our additions and both our new O-Line coaches have shown good ability to develop talent

Garret Greenfield- South Dakota State

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Nick Chubb aside I think Running back is a position that I think this team is going to need to address, Ford was decent but I believe he is a complimentary piece in the NFL, I don't think he can shoulder the load as a feature back to be and these are some guy I think could be helpful to this team

Trey Benson- Florida State

Audric Estime-Notre Dame

Blake Corum-Michigan

Isaac Guerendo- Louisville

I for one am thinking were going to go day 3 for a RB.....I think anything we have is to keep the seat warm for Cubb (PAUSE)...... till week 11/12 when I think he comes back.....for the SB run. 

We will possibly have an injury by then to make room....but I will say I was wrong about Ford, he's an OK NFL back, nothing special, a rotation guy...so we should keep him...some will think I'm crazy, but I see Peire Strong as so underutilized last year....IMO after chubb got the knee injury, Strong was our best "Pure Runner" at RB...I am really interested to see how this kid develops under Deuce...

Two back I think could be round 5 or later 

Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
Height: 6-1. Weight: 225

And

Jarveon Howard, RB, Alcorn St. 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 215

The first one, reminds me of a Poor Man's Christian McCaffery...and the thought is more about playing style than anything else one may think I'm attributing it too....

The 2nd kid was a transfer from Syracuse...but transfered to a small HBCU, former alma mater of Steve McNair, he reminds me a smaller version of Issiah Crowell....

It think either could develop to take over in a couple years. 

Selection I am jumping up and down on the table for from the HBCU ranks...every year I pick 1-3 players from Small HBCU's that I want every year....whether its the 6th/7th or as an UDFA...going back to when people thought I got excited over Isiah Crowell was foolish.....when I said Brandon Parker would be our LT of the Future, I was told I was crazy.... up to the last 2 years the Cowboys got the guys I wanted in Marqueese Bell (SAF) in 2022 and Isiah Land (OLB) in 2023......

Well the kid this year is SAF John Huggins from Jackson St. (I was TRULY surprised that he never transferred with Dieon....he was a transfer from UF...but at 6'2 211lbs he's got a Framwork and tools much like Grant Delpit...this is the guy I'm standing on the table for in Round 7!!!!

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I for one am thinking were going to go day 3 for a RB.....I think anything we have is to keep the seat warm for Cubb (PAUSE)...... till week 11/12 when I think he comes back.....for the SB run. 

We will possibly have an injury by then to make room....but I will say I was wrong about Ford, he's an OK NFL back, nothing special, a rotation guy...so we should keep him...some will think I'm crazy, but I see Peire Strong as so underutilized last year....IMO after chubb got the knee injury, Strong was our best "Pure Runner" at RB...I am really interested to see how this kid develops under Deuce...

Two back I think could be round 5 or later 

Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
Height: 6-1. Weight: 225

And

Jarveon Howard, RB, Alcorn St. 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 215

The first one, reminds me of a Poor Man's Christian McCaffery...and the thought is more about playing style than anything else one may think I'm attributing it too....

The 2nd kid was a transfer from Syracuse...but transfered to a small HBCU, former alma mater of Steve McNair, he reminds me a smaller version of Issiah Crowell....

It think either could develop to take over in a couple years. 

Selection I am jumping up and down on the table for from the HBCU ranks...every year I pick 1-3 players from Small HBCU's that I want every year....whether its the 6th/7th or as an UDFA...going back to when people thought I got excited over Isiah Crowell was foolish.....when I said Brandon Parker would be our LT of the Future, I was told I was crazy.... up to the last 2 years the Cowboys got the guys I wanted in Marqueese Bell (SAF) in 2022 and Isiah Land (OLB) in 2023......

Well the kid this year is SAF John Huggins from Jackson St. (I was TRULY surprised that he never transferred with Dieon....he was a transfer from UF...but at 6'2 211lbs he's got a Framwork and tools much like Grant Delpit...this is the guy I'm standing on the table for in Round 7!!!!

I remember Jarveon Howard very well from Syracuse but Dino Babers didn't give him a ton of playing time and he transferred out, I was a big fan of his because he was a back that alway fell forward and atleast got a few yards every carry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think our best case scenario is Xavier Leggett or Keon Coleman in round 2

I'd go receiver round 3 too if he would get a Devontez Walker or Malachi Corley there

But I'm FOR SURE going receiver round 2 to try to get the best one available. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think our best case scenario is Xavier Leggett or Keon Coleman in round 2

I'd go receiver round 3 too if he would get a Devontez Walker or Malachi Corley there

But I'm FOR SURE going receiver round 2 to try to get the best one available. 

Corley is a guy I like.  I usually like taller guys, but he’s thicc. 🍆 

wait..

yeah

Deebo clone

• Like 1