College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Tez Walker

The more I think about it, he may be perfect for us. He is super high upside guy who wouldn’t be relied on to contribute day 1 but can provide a deep threat if he comes in focused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This sounds exactly like the argument being made against Dawand Jones last year. All it takes is one team to think outside the box.

Most people thought Dawand was awesome. His tape was great. It was the weight and possible injuries keeping him down.

Johnny Wilson has some pretty boo tape. Bad hands, doesn’t play to his size, and looks rawer than most of the WR’s who will be drafted.

I guess I am confused by the comparison between the two, honestly. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The more I think about it, he may be perfect for us. He is super high upside guy who wouldn’t be relied on to contribute day 1 but can provide a deep threat if he comes in focused.

That has been my favorite pick for us dating back to like November. He has prototypical X WR traits and while raw, is more than ready to contribute to a WR rotation right now. A tall, juiced up deep threat who actually knows how to snap routes? If he had more consistent hands, he would be a top 15 pick most years. He’s not dissimilar from what Jeudy is right now 

6 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah I think this is my draft crush.

Not very big but love everything he does.

he isn't very big no, but he is a bowling ball with he ball in his hands, he plays with a demeanor similar to Steve smith ( no i am not saying they are similar players, but with same alpha mentality)

20 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yes we really should. I doubt there will even be a good player left in the barrel in the 6th. #2024classisawful

What?

This class is pretty solid throughout 

2013 was awful

id I’d say this class is above average 

32 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Who in rounds 5-7 is gonna be good?

are you talking WR specifically or the draft in general? 

I thought you were talking about the draft at first

then I looked at the previous page and saw it might be the WR class you were talking about 

If you're talking about the WR class specifically I won't call it awful, but I agree I'm going receiver round 2 or 3 at the latest. 

Xavier Leggett, Tez Walker, Keon Coleman, Jaylnn Polk, Malichai Duprehy 

one of those players should end up a Brown  

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I thought you were talking about the draft at first

I am. The draft as a whole isn’t good. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Xavier Leggett, Tez Walker, Keon Coleman, Jaylnn Polk, MALACHI CORLEY

one of those players should end up a Brown  

2 will for sure be gone (Coleman/Leggett) and Walker might be too. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Cade Stover. Old rookie who potentially falls.

Yeah. I think he goes R4 at the latest, but even then, is he really good? He’s a good TE2 at his maximum level IMO. No great tools to work with, which stats show TE is one of the positions where they matter most.

I wouldn’t mind Stover at all, but I wouldn’t be having a “woop woop” party either. 

25 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah. I think he goes R4 at the latest, but even then, is he really good? He’s a good TE2 at his maximum level IMO. No great tools to work with, which stats show TE is one of the positions where they matter most.

I wouldn’t mind Stover at all, but I wouldn’t be having a “woop woop” party either. 

Check his Alma mater and reassess sir 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Every year there is a Puka Nacua in the draft, along with about 99% of those dudes who suck. So yeah someone will be there, no I’m not sure who it will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Every year there is a Puka Nacua in the draft, along with about 99% of those dudes who suck. So yeah someone will be there, no I’m not sure who it will be.

Additionally, it’s not just about the prospect but also the plan to develop them.

This regime has been good about bringing guys in, letting them essentially redshirt a year or two and then expecting them to be ready to play.  This is how good teams do it imo.

I have zero expectations for any of these picks as far as 2024 contributions.