College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

16 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Taking a WR is pretty much a lock as well.

All our starters are only signed through this coming season. We MUST hit on one in the draft.

It’s also supposedly a good class as well.  I’m sure we’ll snag one at some point.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:32 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

The pick is going to be Patrick Paul out of Houston or Kiran Amegadjie from Yale as long as a top LT prospect doesn’t fall. 

Patrick Paul makes a LOT of sense in round 2. He fits the physical mold we want from our linemen.

He’s not as massive as Dawand Jones, but he’s about as close as you’re gonna get.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Patrick Paul makes a LOT of sense in round 2. He fits the physical mold we want from our linemen.

He’s not as massive as Dawand Jones, but he’s about as close as you’re gonna get.

But he’s gonna be gone. 

On 3/15/2024 at 7:55 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s also supposedly a good class as well.  I’m sure we’ll snag one at some point.

It’s a great draft through pick 60ish or so. Then it’s terrible. Getting a WR early is paramount of we aren’t getting a good one. There are like 15 good starters and then…nada. 

On 3/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, candyman93 said:

how do we know what they want from lineman now? All new offense and all new offensive line coaches...

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Our roster is really deep, I’m trading up if I get the chance or into a higher pick next year. Hard road for late round picks to make this team. 

Sorry, not following.  How are you wanting them to trade for a better pick in 2025?

On 3/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

It’s a great draft through pick 60ish or so. Then it’s terrible. Getting a WR early is paramount of we aren’t getting a good one. There are like 15 good starters and then…nada. 

I don't know, I disagree with this.

And granted a lot of drafts would say there are 6 good starters then nada.

That being said after the top 15 there are still players like Tez Walker, Johnny Wilson, Malachi Corley, Malik Washington.

This is an incredibly deep WR draft, including those past the top 15

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

That being said after the top 15 there are still players like Tez Walker, Johnny Wilson, Malachi Corley, Malik Washington.

I expect all of those guys to be gone when we pick in the 3rd. Johnny Wilson being the maybe, because I can’t find a reason to believe NFL teams would like him. 

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I expect all of those guys to be gone when we pick in the 3rd. Johnny Wilson being the maybe, because I can’t find a reason to believe NFL teams would like him. 

This sounds exactly like the argument being made against Dawand Jones last year. All it takes is one team to think outside the box.

• Like 1