Rams and WR Cooper Kupp agree to 3 year extension

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Crazy how they can afford to pay all these guys tbh.

This kind of thing is always said in the news threads about the extensions and big deals, but I feel like that's just because by the time the extensions roll around, people forget the guys they already had to let walk because they couldn't afford to pay all these guys. In three offseasons, they've lost Trumaine Johnson, Sammy Watkins, Rodger Saffold, Lamarcus Joyner, Dante Fowler, and Corey Littleton to $10M+/year deals. For as many guys as teams can extend, there's always those that slip through. Like, literally, they couldn't pay all the guys The key is making the right choices on which ones you keep and which ones you don't. And this is true for all the cap tight teams, year to year. KC, NE, NO, even Dallas, etc. We'd have arguably the best OL and CB group in the league if we could've paid everybody.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Can't believe the Rams gave Kupp even a 3-year contract. Dude is so overrated. He might get hurt. 

🤣😂 Only one man in 2019 had at least 90 recs,1,100 rec yes, and 10 rec TDs: That was the same "Dude is so overrated ",  which he did coming off a season ending ACL injury. He completely picked up from where he was before the injury like it never happened. Now imagine with a full year removed from the surgery how more confident and comfortable he will be, but he's so overrated.😂🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

🤣😂 Only one man in 2019 had at least 90 recs,1,100 rec yes, and 10 rec TDs: That was the same "Dude is so overrated ",  which he did coming off a season ending ACL injury. He completely picked up from where he was before the injury like it never happened. Now imagine with a full year removed from the surgery how more confident and comfortable he will be, but he's so overrated.😂🤷‍♂️

You're a homer, man. He might get injured again. He's overrated. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

Don't take it seriously. The "he's overrated because he might get hurt" is a loooooooong time forum meme 

• Like 2

Just now, swoosh said:

You're a homer, man. He might get injured again. He's overrated. 

So the best response or analysis that you can provide is that I'm a Homer, and he might get injured again, lol, seriously, that's the best you have. All I have done is give real context to your lazy blanket statement. Please explain how someone who is averaging around 1000 yards a season is overrated when actually no one ever mentions Cooper Kupp as one of the top receivers? Kupp has been extremely reliable since entering the league. By the way, Any NFL player can get injured, lol. Kupp had one injury in his professional career and he came back from that with very strong stats. Here are his other Overrated Stats!

2018 (8 Games) 40 recs, 566 yes, 6 TD's

2017 (Rookie Year, 15 Games) 62 recs, 869 yds, 5 TD's

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not really. It’s about what was to be expected. Kupp is mainly a slot WR. Those are inherently worth less to teams. This deal puts Kupp just below Cooks/Thielen and just outside the top 10. Were you expecting him to get 20 million per? Lol

He's trying to convince himself 😆 Done the same with the Ramsey money. So over the top.

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's trying to convince himself 😆 Done the same with the Ramsey money. So over the top.

So nice to know in living rent free. Must bother you to see people happy. I can’t wait to see your die hard passion being tested this year. Kupp is a top 10 WR. Dudes a baller. 

• Like 2

Just now, El Ramster said:

So nice to know in living rent free. Must bother you to see people happy. I can’t wait to see your die hard passion being tested this year. Kupp is a top 10 WR. Dudes a baller. 

I hope so, my fantasy team is counting on him!

(I did secretly want LA to let him go and us pick him up....)