SKOLSGIVING 2020

wcblack34

Gentlemen and Gentleladies (if there are any of you amongst us):

This has been a trying year so far, but tomorrow we all share a day we have been looking forward to, but were not sure would come. 

Let us all rejoice in a sense of abnormal normalcy and enjoy this season opener like we’ve enjoyed no other. 

Let us give thanks for our favorite Vikings memory in preparation for those memories yet to come. This is a thread for you to express your favorite memory, where you were when it happened, who you were with, and why it meant so much to you. 

Mine was 2009. San Francisco. Brett Favre to Greg Lewis. I was in my law school apartment alone. I saw the referee’s arms go up and began screaming and jumping and yelling. I was with one other friend who was doing the same. My neighbors exploded at the same time. Our downstairs neighbors were pounding on the ceiling as well! It meant a lot to me because it showed that we had some magic for a change. That season ended in utter heartbreak, but watching Favre in a purple jersey may have been the most fun I ever had as an NFL fan. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 7

I have to go with AC versus the Niners. I was at home, or my buddies place (can't recall). I was with a few buddies. It meant a lot because the Niners had been so dominate, the Vikings were huge dogs that nobody expected to win, and it was the playoffs. The Twins won it all and I could convince myself that it was going to be a MN year.

Watching Moss and Peterson dominate in their rookie years was pretty thrilling too. I wish that I could remember the purple people eater years; I was too young -- too into the Big Red Machine.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The 2017 divisional round win over New Orleans felt magical. I thought for once we'd defy all logic and win it all.

But...I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Although, with a healthy Bridgewater and Cook that year (no ACL tears), we might have had a chance.

I don’t know, Keenum was perfect for that 2017 team. Better than Teddy could have ever been in my opinion. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The 2017 divisional round win over New Orleans felt magical. I thought for once we'd defy all logic and win it all.

But...I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Although, with a healthy Bridgewater and Cook that year (no ACL tears), we might have had a chance.

A wonderful year no doubt, but this may have been my favorite moment from that season:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t know, Keenum was perfect for that 2017 team. Better than Teddy could have ever been in my opinion. 

Unfortunately, we'll never know, because if Teddy had made the strides in the 2016 season as looked like was going to happen, he may have been even better and far more consistent for the team in 2017.  Keenum had a lot of Lady Luck on his side that year, moreso than just being a perfect fit for it.  

47 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Unfortunately, we'll never know, because if Teddy had made the strides in the 2016 season as looked like was going to happen, he may have been even better and far more consistent for the team in 2017.  Keenum had a lot of Lady Luck on his side that year, moreso than just being a perfect fit for it.  

If Teddy doesn’t get hurt, Turner probably doesn’t leave. And without Shurmer, I don’t think the 2017 is nearly as successful. 

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I was at this game, and sitting in the 15th row of the end zone where Williams scored. Craziest play I’ve ever witnessed. 

I remember watching that game with some friends at one of their houses. Everybody jumped up at the same time and went nuts. It's definitely a Top 5 play in Vikings history.

26 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The 1998 Viking season. I was a senior in highschool and back then we had those starter jackets. I was going to high school in Florida so it never really got that cold. I wore mine no matter what because we were so good. 

Pshaw...I was 25 yrs old and my daughter was 6 months old in 1998 (she's now going to be a mother in about 3 mos).  I had just moved back to MN (only to leave again 2 yrs later).  LOL!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Pshaw...I was 25 yrs old and my daughter was 6 months old in 1998 (she's now going to be a mother in about 3 mos).  I had just moved back to MN (only to leave again 2 yrs later).  LOL!

In 1998 I was 12 yrs old. I really got into football in 1996/1997. That 1998 season has always been the most memorable for me. Just one of those incredibly unique seasons.

36 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

In 1998 I was 12 yrs old. I really got into football in 1996/1997. That 1998 season has always been the most memorable for me. Just one of those incredibly unique seasons.

It will always be my most memorable, until the Vikings get the Lombardi (which I still propose they change to the Shula).  As fun as the run was to the 1987 NFC Championship Game, nothing can beat the magic from just rolling over everyone (except for Tampa Bay and Atlanta).