Jaime Collins' Ejection - Valid or not?

RaidersAreOne

Was it a valid ejection?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a valid ejection?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, lancerman said:

The contact happened because of Collins. The ref didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. 

Neither did Collins. He also didn't initiate contact. He demonstrated what an opposing player was doing and the ref bumped into him and then ejected him but misusing a rule that did not apply. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Neither did Collins. He also didn't initiate contact. He demonstrated what an opposing player was doing and the ref bumped into him and then ejected him but misusing a rule that did not apply. 

Collins in the author of the situation as it happened.  If a lineman falls down and sticks his leg out and someone runs by and trips, the call the lineman for tripping.  The argument "my leg was there first" does not matter.

Because the rule does not apply to it. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you. Unnecessary contact was from the official, not the player. 

I posted the rules for you as they are in the rule book, maybe address the rule book and not me, or help me understand what I am missing.  What you are doing is emotional drivel. 

Just now, burlow said:

Collins in the author of the situation as it happened.  If a lineman falls down and sticks his leg out and someone runs by and trips, the call the lineman for tripping.  The argument "my leg was there first" does not matter.

If the lineman doesn't stick his leg out, but someone trips over his leg, would you argue in favor of a tripping call? 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Collins crested the situation. The ref was just standing there. Seriously mentalities like this are why nobody involved in the sport pays much mind to fan opinion, as of others have said this thread is an absolute embarrassment 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Jotun_Fan said:

I think it is pretty clear in the 2nd angle ...starting at 9 seconds....that the ref moves and is probably trying to rotate to his left to avoid Collins movement toward him.  It is pretty clear that Collins continues to move forward toward the ref.   Those saying that Collins did not initiate the contact are stating things that are just not there.

Just now, burlow said:

I posted the rules for you as they are in the rule book, maybe address the rule book and not me, or help me understand what I am missing.  What you are doing is emotional drivel. 

You're missing the part that Collins was not responsible for the contact, therefore the rule SHOULD NOT apply to him since he did not do the action he was ejected for.

Just now, burlow said:

Look at the rule, dont tell me how it should work.  You enforce the rule book, you do not enforce what you want the rule book to be.  How hard is this to understand?

I've seen the rule. We've dissected the rule. You're misapplying the rule and changing facts (contact) to support your case because you cannot admit you're wrong. 

3 hours ago, burlow said:

https://operations.nfl.com/media/4349/2020-nfl-rulebook.pdf

Page 60 on the pdf  12-3-1-e

Unnecessary physical contact with a game official. Under no circumstance is a player allowed to shove, push, or strike an official in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. The player shall be disqualified from the game, and any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

Unnecessary contact was made and collins was in complete control of his actions.  What else needs to be discussed?

in case you missed the part where I posted the rule from the rule book.  Is the contact that happened unnecessary physical contact?

I've seen the rule. We've dissected the rule. You're misapplying the rule and changing facts (contact) to support your case because you cannot admit you're wrong. 

what facts did I change?  I address your issues, I am not arguing who initiated contact.  Read the rules and tell me why they should no apply.